[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So /mu/ what do you think about this guy? I think he's pretty
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 1458097471002.png (568 KB, 1071x597) Image search: [Google]
1458097471002.png
568 KB, 1071x597
So /mu/ what do you think about this guy? I think he's pretty great to be honest.
>>
I like his solo stuff.
>>
>>64565040
Same, his record Blunderbuss is really great. He's kind of a pretentious ass though.
>>
>>64565527
I think he's kind of Jew core southern rock.
>>
Favorite artist tbqh. TWS are awesome of course and I dig his solo stuff for the most part (Some songs on lazaretto are iffy but I don't think it was too bad).
>>
he kinda looks like a woman

i listened for some white stripes shit before but i can't get myself to listen to an entire album
>>
>>64565618
Thirdman records is cool too
>>
>>64564089
Boring Rock 'n' Roll musician
>Hey, it's garage rock, man

He makes contrived Rock music, and the only reason why he caught on, was because he had a stylish gimmick with The White Stripes. But hey, that's rock music for you --- lots of style, and very little substance.
>>
>>64565745

This

He was so preoccupied with being authentic, yet he came off plastic as fuck. I really don't know what to think of him anymore, speaking as a former fan. His gimmick is sort of done now, but people insist on elevating him as if he were still relevant. Good songwriter, ok guitarist, just running out of ideas and ways to keep up with what he's built himself up as. I think if he actually took a gamble and veered off the traditional rock n' roll format he'd find second wind, but I honestly don't think he's capable of that. Like we get it, can you do anything else?
>>
White Stripes were okay. (Maybe nostalgia just setting in? It's been a while since listening.) His solo stuff now is terrible. He's just retreading a well worn road. I guess it's good if you like radio rock though. I don't like Queens of the Stone Age either, but feel like they're making much better somewhat comparable music.
>>
>>64566509
Man, as much as I love Jack White it is true that he's been sort of a one trick pony. I would really enjoy seeing him do different things since even the song he did with Beyonce sounded the same as every song in lazaretto.
I second this.
>>
File: jock_block.jpg (119 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
jock_block.jpg
119 KB, 640x480
>>64564089
The man created the vintage/garage rock trend together with The Strokes/Arctic Monkeys/Libertines, but that's it.

To me, he will forever remain the immensely overhyped NME-core, despite being a good lyricist.
White Blood Cells was so-so, Elephant was alright,
but instead of improving his substance, he's been preoccupied with his shitty vintage gimmicks for waaay too long, all while acting like someone important and relevant.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.