[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is the worst music article I've ever seen holy fuc
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 14
File: 5801ad56.png (637 KB, 790x395) Image search: [Google]
5801ad56.png
637 KB, 790x395
This is the worst music article I've ever seen holy fuck http://pitchfork.com/thepitch/1133-decoding-the-politics-in-radioheads-burn-the-witch-video/
>>
This is a sign that the usual music publications we turn to are dying.

I have hope that in the next few years Marcel will lead music journalism down a greater, more experimental new path. He has to destroy the machine while inside the machine.
>>
remember when music sites wrote about music

i don't
>>
Not clicking that.

Give us the pastebin, you shill cuck.
>>
>>64559777
>With the "Burn the Witch" video, Radiohead use pastoral English imagery to confront a global phenomenon, and inject their characteristically iconoclastic voice in the U.S. presidential election season (something they've done before). "We know where you live," Yorke sings.
>>
File: politics.png (6 KB, 283x41) Image search: [Google]
politics.png
6 KB, 283x41
pitchfork got emasculated by benjamin sanchez
>>
Funny, because as a Trump supporter and someone who thinks it's logical to clamp down on illegal immigration (one only has to look to several European countries who are now regretting not doing so as radical Islamists destroy their society and culture), I think it's the leftists who are the freaks who are burning anyone who dares speak the truth.

Funny how that works.
>>
File: wewlad.png (97 KB, 1316x198) Image search: [Google]
wewlad.png
97 KB, 1316x198
If only someone would have warned you that something like this might happen
>>
>>64559940

A while ago there was an article "Is music criticism turning into lifestyle writing?" or something like that, and there was a big controversy about it, I think. If i recall it correctly, it seems like it's correct though.
>>
>>64559931

being a Trump supporter is a very unsubtle way of being a closeted racist bigot. and no, I'm not American and no, I would not vote for Bernie so fuck off
>>
>>64559940
Uh oh... it's almost like Gamergate was about fairness and ethics and not about muh-soggy-knee like half of you retards believed.

However, I think it's obvious that Pitchfork is coopting this song and spinning it to their own political point of view. Again, that's what you retards get for making that garbage website as popular as it is.

>>64560011
Yeah. It's so closeted that there's no evidence of it at all. Good job.
>>
>>64560026
faggot of the year
>>
>>64560002
I honestly think if this keeps happening shit is going to go EVEN FURTHER south in music journalism. Which kinda bums me out, because I think that without giving music an inflated "points" rating, there's still a future in it to some extent.
>>
>>64560002

Here it is

>http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/03/18/music-criticism-has-degenerated-into-lifestyle-reporting.html

>One can read through a stack of music magazines and never find any in-depth discussion of music. Technical knowledge of the art form has disappeared from its discourse. In short, music criticism has turned into lifestyle reporting.
>I’ve just spent a very depressing afternoon looking through the leading music periodicals. And what did I learn? Pretty much what I expected. I found out what the chart-topping musicians are wearing (or, in many instances, not wearing). I got updates on their love life, and learned whose marriages are on the rocks. I read updates on the legal proceedings of the rich and famous. I got insights into the food preferences and travel routines of megastars. And I read some reviews of albums, and got told by “‘critics” (I use that term loosely) that they were “badass,” “hot,” “sexy,” “tripped-out,” and “freaky.”
>On a few occasions, a reviewer might mention the instruments involved in the making of an album—but usually skipped these apparently tedious details. I couldn’t find any cogent analysis of how these instruments were played. (No, I don’t count “totally shreds” as cogent analysis.) I didn’t read a single discussion of song structure, harmony, or arrangement techniques.

Not necessarily about politics, but it's the same deal. Music sites don't write about music anymore.
>>
>>64559931
why not try to make the immigration process easier and more helpful dough?

seems counter-intuitive to just be like "ay let's make sure no illegals get in" and not be like "heyyo lets make it easy on foreigners to adapt to this chaotic cluster fuck so they can thrive and others can benefit from it" at the same time.

ya know?
>>
>>64560042
Go cry about it.
>>
>>64560061
see:
>>64559776

we have one guy to rely on who's realized everything that's said here: >>64559940 and is going against the grain and not giving into the usual generic PR shit you see on every single music website.

we just have to hope that this guy actually makes a change in music journalism and prevents anything like OP's p4k article from happening even more.
>>
>>64560095
despite all my rage i am still a faggot in a cage
>>
>>64560104
I am both those guys anon
>>
>>64560091
How does one have anything to do with the other? Illegals are illegals. And no, we don't need to want everyone who wakes up one day and decides they deserve to come to ours and bring along with them the same shitty ideas that fucked up their own country to begin with.

I don't want anyone coming to my country who doesn't have every intention of assimilating into our culture and abiding by our basic values. And by the way, I'm a first generation American. Both of my parents came here legally and abide by the laws of the land and are respectful and respected, hard working people. Just like many others.
>>
None of this will matter when it comes to the legacy of the music itself. Aesthetics always trumps message in art. Film schools still teach Birth of a Nation, and plenty of Jews still listen to Wagner. No one will care about this a week from now.
>>
>>64559729

>Vague song about witch burning in all generality

>Of course, it's a reference to the people I disagree with ;)
>>
>>64560026
>there's no evidence of it at all.

sure friend. you go and vote for trump and make 'murica great again. its gonna be a good shit show to watch
>>
>>64560170
>my country

Lol
>>
>>64560199
Your rhetoric is worthless. I will vote for Trump.

>>64560204
I work and pay taxes here. I'm a legal citizen. What's so funny about that?
>>
>>64560170
you assimilate people by making assimilating easy.

I don't care what generation you are. you, your family and their ancestors are pieces of shit somewhere down the line. you yourself are a piece of shit now in your own unique way.
>>
>>64560011
If we accept the notion that intelligence is at least partially heritable (for which there's plenty of evidence for), then controlling immigration is just a form of self-preservation. Call it racism if you want, but some societies performing better than others has a lot to do with the gene pool of its population.
>>
>>64560183
>Film schools still teach Birth of a Nation, and plenty of Jews still listen to Wagner.

lol no one cares about old shit

You're right about no one caring from this a week from know though, because we'll move onto praising the next pop shit for having this profound message in this shitty song or whatever.
>>
>>64560355
>you assimilate people by making assimilating easy.
It's easier to assimilate now that its ever been. European immigrants often had to change their surnames, lie about their ancestry, and adopt American customs in order to assimilate. Now all you have to do is speak English and watch Game of Thrones.
>>
>>64560355
I guess it's all relative, dude, whoaaa. We're all pieces of shit maaaan.

The difference is I'm a citizen of this country who works and pays taxes here. My parents worked hard and made a great life here for themselves and for our family. That's not the same as someone who wasn't born here or didn't come here legally and hasn't done those things.
>>
FOR FUCKS SAKE WHY DO WE HAVE TO HAVE FUCKING THINKPIECES ABOUT EVERYTHING FUCK
>>
>>64560386
>because we'll move onto praising the next pop shit for having this profound message in this shitty song or whatever.
exactly the problem. big publications pandering to young hipsters and poptimist normies by favoring music with a cool and "relevant" message instead of the actual music would be a big fucking problem.

Do you know how fucking bad it would be if we looked back 20 years from now and saw that all the music that was praised had a message that was only relevant 20 years ago.
>>
Motherfucking God Damn that was such an eyeroll

I can't wait for Trump to win now
>>
>>64559729
Radiohead released the lyrics to this song 12 years ago.. pitchfork is so fucking stupid
>>
Well considering it was just Beltane and The Wickering also has the celtic-paganism link maybe that's what Radiohead were going for?
>>
>>64560456
>would be

it is this way now unfortunately, not a thing of the future.
>>
>>64560494
I hate pitchfork as much as the next person but seriously did you even read the title of the article?
>Decoding the Politics in Radiohead’s “Burn the Witch” VIDEO
>VIDEO
>>
>>64560488
He's going to win. While not loud and violent enough to steal the media spotlight, most people in this country are reasonable and still have common sense. It's only a handful of ridiculous people in the media and academia and their underaged captives in universities who are so inside out with moral relativism that they'll sell their own families down the river to satisfy their baseless beliefs about saving brown people who want to pillage everything their fathers built for them.
>>
>>64559882
lol
keep it up benj
>>
>bern the witch
Woah...
>>
>>64560575
>most people in this country are reasonable and still have common sense
I don't hate Trump and would even consider voting for him but even you know this is wrong
>>
Jesus fuck
Is this what the anti trump people waste their fucking time on?
>>
>>64560575
>most people in this country are reasonable and still have common sense
which is why Trump is about to get assfucked in the general election lel
>>
>>64560356
>for which there's plenty of evidence for

from the US national library of medicine

>These studies have not conclusively identified any genes that underlie differences in intelligence. It is likely that a large number of genes are involved, each of which makes only a small contribution to a person’s intelligence.

and even if it was environment plays a way bigger factor in a persons capability to be "intelligent".

the funny thing is that strong immigration laws go in the very opposite of the very core values of what the US was founded. also, immigration ultimately has helped the US to be where its at but the lack of economic education Trump supporters have has made them victims of scare tactics.

>>64560228
im not stoping you, idiot.
>>
>>64560575
How can you watch Trump speak without feeling embarrassed for our country? Doesn't matter if he's right when it comes to left wing hypocrisy, he's still an uninformed vulgarian.
>>
It always comes down to 'decoding the politics' with critics these days, doesn't it?

Artists work on aesthetic levels and critics are always "what does this say though about race/class/gender/sex?!"

Fucking talentless 'academic' nerds.

But this is what happens when people who can't make art try to write about it.
>>
>>64560575
I feel like I'm pretty open-minded, but how anyone can actually stand behind Clinton and believe she's anything but a mouthpiece for whoever happens to donate a lot that day is BEYOND me. She's a fucking snake
>>
>>64560695
are you a cuck?
>>
>Trumpton
Oh god don't do it
>perhaps even the show's near-namesake stateside (Donald Trump, anyone?)
Jesus fucking christ
>>
>>64560675
>electing someone who is being investigated by the FBI as we speak for committing a serious, treasonous crime, which would if convicted make her ineligible to hold public office

>>64560695
I don't know what you're talking about. He makes a thousand times more sense than any of the other candidates, one a crook and one a communist.
>>
>>64560729
he's a cuck alright
>>
>>64560170
>first generation american

why are these faggots the most hateful towards their own kind? Ive met plenty of nopal-faced chicanos who are Trump supporters when Trump wants to kick their family out. simply its something I could never understand
>>
>when the next president election is solely to decide who will be the scapegoat for the combined residual effects of a Bush and Obama presidency and the bills passed under them

>all these trips I'm filtering for political reasons
>>
And that fucking critic tried to use the video as an opportunity to bash nativism and folk culture.

What an absolute piece of shit nerd cunt fag.
>>
>>64560749
At least she seems to have some understanding of how the government actually operates, and that she wouldn't type in the nuke code to heat up a microwave burrito.
>>
>>64560799
Yeah, because she's a career politician. She'll do anything to get ahead
>>
>>64560575
I like trump, but /mu/ is where a lot of the bernouts hang out. Trying to engage in discussion will just end up with people actually saying you are a racist for voting for trump or something equally retarded.
>>
>>64560765
Trump doesn't want to kick my family out though, you idiot. My "kind" are law-abiding, respectable citizens of the U.S.

If someone from my extended family wants to come here, they can come here legally. If they're fraternizing with ISIS on their Twitter account or some garbage, they can stay there and die for all I care.
>>
>>64560686
Here's the deal, and I know this can come across as right wing tin foil lunacy, but the criteria by which we judge the validity of the studies about race and IQ are much harsher than they are for any other subject matter. It's politically sensitive, but there's more than a little evidence to suggest that it's clearly the case. Adoption studies, where black and Asian kids are raised in white homes and still exhibit the average intelligence of their ethnic kin. And twin studies, where identical twins raised separately often have similar interests and nearly identical IQs.
>>
>>64560686
Seems like you were unable to understand the article you just quoted. Intelligence comes mostly from genetic material. I dare you to find any peer-reviewed scientific papers that point to the opposite.
>>
>>64560749
>one a crook and one a communist

calling Trump a racist is a thousand times more accurate than calling Sanders a communist. read a fucking book for fucks sake.
>>
>>64560686
it's not about "strong immigration laws," its about the EXISTENCE of immigration laws in the first place. america has borders, borders need to be protected.
>>
>>64560794
>author bashes nativism
>probably defends Islam
>>
>>64560799
She seems like a terrible person to me.
>>
>>64560849
They already are.
>>
>>64560848
After you stop believing everything Trevor Noah tells you as you fall asleep every night, shitheap.
>>
>>64560799
>At least she seems to have some understanding of how the government actually operates

drive-by invasions and destabilization of foreign countries? i mean yeah it's true that's exactly how the government operates, but why should it be the norm?
>>
>>64560729
I just happen to prefer candidates who know what the nuclear triad means and what the Quds force is. Trumps knows nothing.
>>
>>64560884
I just don't understand how someone can be so blinded with hatred towards BROWN PPL that they can't see that Trump is a complete fucking idiot who believes nothing he says (and what he says is also a whole lot of nothing) and would do something impeachable within a month of being elected
>>
>>64560877
and clearly not well enough. notice how half the candidates support amnesty for iillegals? why even have borders in the first place?
>>
>>64560896
why the fuck are you so worried about nukes? There are a zillion things that are more important that are actually impending
>>
>>64560877
Not well enough, obviously. And taking in tens of thousands of immigrants from the middle east with no understanding of who these people are or what their intentions are needs to stop too.

I'm not a suicidal person (and I don't hate my parents), so I don't support importing an ideology that hates and stands in direct opposition to the values of western civilization. Look at Sweden and Germany if you think that's a good idea.
>>
>>64560914
>and clearly not well enough
Nah, it's fine
>notice how half the candidates support amnesty for iillegals?
Yeah, that's fine too.
>>
>Trump
>make everyone else hate America more than they already do
>>
Blatantly using a new music video as an opportunity to push globalism. Which is nothing but Neoliberalist market expansion and death of all cultures.

Critics seriously never fail to disgust me.
>>
>>64560971
so why even have borders? do you support the removal of immigration laws?
>>
>>64560905
You're deluded. Radical Islam is a serious problem for anyone who enjoys western culture and society, and by saying so people like you accuse him of hating brown people. It's disgusting.

And saying that he wants to enforce our existing immigration laws isn't "racist" either, dipshit.
>>
>>64560896
you're a peon.
>>
>>64560989
after libya, iraq, afghanistan and the absolute shitshow in syria, i doubt anyone could hate america any more then they already do

but lets see what hillary has in store for us
>>
>>64560971
You're a fucking retard. Comments like that ruin your credibility.

Leave all your doors and windows wide open tonight and let everyone in your city know that they have amnesty whenever they decide to waltz in.
>>
>>64560938
>muh 45% tariffs
>I don't know how to pander to pro-lifers
>let me imply that Cruz's dad helped kill JFK
It's every fucking issue. I'm concerned because it demonstrates that Trump doesn't care enough about the office to actually inform himself on the issues that people care about. I don't want to live in a world where the president knows less than I do when it comes to foreign policy.
>>
>>64560948
>Not well enough
Nah, it's fine.
>And taking in tens of thousands of immigrants from the middle east with no understanding of who these people are or what their intentions are needs to stop too.
To do otherwise is Anti-American
>I don't support importing an ideology that hates and stands in direct opposition to the values of western civilization
"Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"
>>
>>64560914
>why even have borders in the first place?
Culture clash is a real thing, regardless of how heavily indoctrinated you are in the belief that "were all one race: the human race"

Which is why Europeans now have to be weary of their local "no go zones" where, if whites stumble into them, they are very likely to be beaten/raped/murdered by muslims who could give a fuck less about the native populace.
>>
>>64560829
it seems I struck a chord there haha. tell me how it feels when your own president disdains you.

>>64560837
>Factors related to a child’s home environment and parenting, education and availability of learning resources, and nutrition, among others, all contribute to intelligence. A person’s environment and genes influence each other, and it can be challenging to tease apart the effects of the environment from those of genetics. For example, if a child’s IQ is similar to that of his or her parents, is that similarity due to genetic factors passed down from parent to child, to shared environmental factors, or (most likely) to a combination of both? It is clear that both environmental and genetic factors play a part in determining intelligence.

>Intelligence comes mostly from genetic material.
no it doesn't. and even if it was who's to say that immigrants genes will have a positive effect on intelligence once exposed to a good environment? you know shit

>>64560834
I need a source for that

>>64560883
I dont know who that is. I have a masters degree in economics if you've been wondering what I've been reading.
>>
>>64561007
>do you support the removal of immigration laws?
Do you really believe life is black and white, that you are either 100% for something or against something?
>>64561057
Calm down Culture Warrior.
>>
>>64561100
>Do you really believe life is black and white, that you are either 100% for something or against something?

amnesty to illegals sets a dangerous precedent that immigration laws in america are meaningless, also incredibly unfair to those who jumped through hoops to immigrate legally. so do you think amnesty is fine, but only just this once? any future illegals should be deported? or what?
>>
>>64559729
Is that image is referencing True Detective?
>>
>>64561096
>I need a source for that
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twin_study

If you want to know what I mean by these studies being held to a higher standard, read the "criticism" section. Studies that confirm liberal ideology are propagated on sites like Salon with minimal dissection, while studies that confirm racist or sexist ideas suddenly require an inordinate amount of evidence.
>>
>>64561151
>so do you think amnesty is fine, but only just this once? any future illegals should be deported? or what?
Case-by-case basis.

Did you miss this:
>Do you really believe life is black and white, that you are either 100% for something or against something?
>>
>>64559882
he's doing god's work
>>
>>64561184
>In 1979, Thomas Bouchard began to study twins who were separated at birth and reared in different families. He found that an identical twin reared away from his or her co-twin seems to have about an equal chance of being similar to the co-twin in terms of personality, interests, and attitudes as one who has been reared with his or her co-twin. This leads to the conclusion that the similarities between twins are due to genes, not environment, since the differences between twins reared apart must be due totally to the environment. Psychologist now refer to studies such as this as an Adoption Strategy.[1][2]
>>
>>64561067
>To do otherwise is Anti-American
Horseshit. To not do so is anti-American. We care about our own poor first.

>>64561096
>it seems I struck a chord there haha. tell me how it feels when your own president disdains you.
That's not going to happen, but I guess your degree in economics gives you a reason to believe it will. Now without mentioning your degree again, explain to me how Trump is a big bad meanie racist.
>>
>>64561096
Again, you're misreading what you just quoted and my earlier assertion. Environment influences intelligence, but intelligence comes mostly from genetic baggage.

>The general figure for the heritability of IQ, according to an authoritative American Psychological Association report, is 0.45 for children, and rises to around 0.75 for late teens and adults
>Recent studies suggest that family and parenting characteristics are not significant contributors to variation in IQ scores

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heritability_of_IQ
>>
It's pitchfork, my man. What were you expecting?
>>
>>64560062
That's the thing about Fantano. Everyone hates him, but at least he fucking reviews the music.
>>
>>64561264
>We care about our own poor first.
Most people don't care about the poor at all.
>>
>>64560062
I agree wholeheartedly
10/10 article
>>
>>64559846
Just use adblock? Lol
>>
>>64561281
>>Recent studies suggest that family and parenting characteristics are not significant contributors to variation in IQ scores
That simple fact is so important. It completely invalidates so many liberal assumptions about race and society.
>>
Terrible song
>>
What do we need for people to FINALLY realise that Pitchfork is absolute garbage?

You just know that everyone is going to continue taking that site seriously, as they always have merely hours after every single piece of trash agenda-muscling journalism makes a surface.

Pitchfork could directly slam Jews, Muslims and black people in the same article and I can guarantee you everyone would still log in the next day to read more of their articles.

But WHY?
>>
>>64561354
I do. The fewer illegal immigrants coming into this country and working for slave wages, the more businesses will be forced to reorganize themselves to hire American citizens to do those jobs for minimum wage and in proper safety conditions.
>>
>>64559729
>watches the wicker man once
>>
>>64561451
Because babbies are scared of having the wrong opinion.
>>
>>64560091

> Let's make it easier to dissuade people from crime
> People we want in the country

Yeah, if they're willing to break national laws because a process is too hard they're not going to be good candidates anyway.

Take it from a german, don't fuck yourselves up.
>>
File: a1.png (19 KB, 589x140) Image search: [Google]
a1.png
19 KB, 589x140
This is the guy who wrote the article. Jesus christ.
>>
>>64561454
>The fewer illegal immigrants coming into this country and working for slave wages, the more businesses will be forced to reorganize themselves to hire American citizens to do those jobs for minimum wage and in proper safety conditions.
Americans can do those jobs anyways. Not sure what the problem is
>>
>>64561594
i'm fucking dying
>>
>>64561609

Business would be forced to make bottom end work better. That should be a dream for a 17 year old socialist like yourself ;-p
>>
>>64561609
No they can't, stupid. A business that employs illegal immigrants for $4 an hour isn't looking for Americans to work those jobs.
>>
File: g7GCh9S.jpg (8 KB, 384x288) Image search: [Google]
g7GCh9S.jpg
8 KB, 384x288
>>64561594
My dad owns a dealership
>>
>>64561642
Example of these businesses?
>>64561630
So?
>>
>>64561451
For me it was New Bermuda getting a 9. Baby Blue's guitar solo with its wah-wah and 'do each bar twice' thing reeked so badly of amateur I couldn't listen again without it bothering me. They have the gall to compare that weak babby's first solo shit to Kurt Hammett? Self absorbed assholes, or paid off, either way I stopped reading
>>
>>64561594
lmao what the fuck

what bumass editor hired this dingus
>>
>>64561697

So it would be better for national workers? It would be worse for business but i think economics come second to issues of sovereignty and culture.
>>
>>64561697
Are you suggesting that there aren't businesses in the U.S. that hire illegal immigrants? What the fuck do you think they do when they get here?
>>
>>64561667
UNDERRATED
>>
>>64561594
>And I was all, like, "Whoa, 'Trump'-ton, maan."
>>
>>64560011
You hate trump because you're not American but wish you were

SAD
>>
>>64561744
>So it would be better for national workers?
You mean... the jobs they don't want anyways?
>>64561749
See above if you want to make sweeping generalizations.
>>
>>64561697
Not him, but I live in Arizona and there's one in every locally owned restaurant. They are maids in cheap hotels and they do landscaping. They don't pay taxes because the business owners can't legally list them as employees.
>>
>>64561795
They don't want those jobs because they currently pay slave-wages and aren't made available to American citizens to begin with, you fucking moron. I know plenty of people who would love to do things like pick fruit and other manual labor if they were being paid minimum wage to do so.
>>
>>64561795

As stated the jobs would be made desirable - they assumingly need to be done, so with a lack of people willing to perform them for illegal wages in often illegal conditions, they would have to drastically increase the wage and standards.
>>
>>64559729
I got the impression that the song was about mass surveillance and the curbing of free speech, though the video doesn't really match that so I dunno
>>
>>64561874

So anti-left then?
>>
The witch represents women in this country and how 80% of them are raped before the age of 20, women are being sacrificially murdered by white men in many parts of the US, about 650,000 in 2015. Trump wants to raise that number, thankfully radioplay has written a song about it and it has received a blessing by pitchfork so instead Bernie sanders will win the election. Just my thoughts!
>>
>>64561899
In a way, though I wouldn't expect that to be the intended message from Radiohead who are obviously lefties, unless they're looking at leftism from the perspective of a less current form of liberalism.
>>
>>64561812
WOW SO MANY GREAT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES!
>>64561824
Sounds like your fault for wanting shitty jobs
>>64561847
Or rather, you can educate yourself and not want to settle for menial jobs in the first pace.

Not sure why you people would willingly want to flip burgers or mop floors.
>>
>>64561938
The witch is a man tho
>>
>>64559931

Really funny how that works, isn't it? The left used to be about resistance and challenging conventional morality and ethics. Now they're the enforcers of the new morality, unironically using terms like "zero tolerance."

After the revolution, the revolutionary becomes a staunch conservative.
>>
>>64561899

Not realizing both leftist and rightist governments pull this is pretty intellectually lazy
>>
>>64561962
I don't want those jobs, faggot. I want the poor people who are already in this country to have those jobs and earn some fucking money so they don't have to collect welfare and rob people.

By the way, you're defending a business's right to illegally hire people to work at slave-wages. Something that the Mexican government also loves, because they unload their poor onto us and don't have to take care of them themselves.

Those jobs could pay decent wages and the people who work those jobs could be American citizens who use that money to better themselves and their family. Instead they're being used to keep Mexicans poor, both in this country and in Mexico.
>>
File: fraser.gif (2 MB, 304x226) Image search: [Google]
fraser.gif
2 MB, 304x226
>>64561938

this has to be irony
>>
>>64560989
can't wait for hillary to earn team USA another nobel peace prize
>>
Does anyone else hate when a band premiers music in a video? now with Arcade Fire's last album I always think of that weird ethnic dancing every time I hear something from it

I saw the bird at the beginning and just closed my eyes through the rest so the song wouldn't be spoiled by this video.
>>
>>64559729
was this video done by the same people who did moral orel?
>>
>>64561962
Well, every resident with a house will want landscaping at some point. Every non-resident needs a hotel. Every person period needs food to eat. That's a fuck ton of jobs that can be performed by anybody.
>>
>>64561962

I don't think you understand other people fully; not everyone is intelligent, an even greater amount of people make poor education choices as children that carry on through the rest of their lives.

What is available for them beyond menial work? Not everyone is a tabula rasa with the potential of einstein.

People will willingly do any work, but not work that is not advertised to legal citizens and not work below legal standards.

Furthermore they likely couldn't survive on the wage, illegal immigrants don't pay rent and they live with crowds of other illegals - often food is provided for them. Living arrangements that cheapen outgoings, beyond what a legal citizen could do.
>>
>>64562030

Im libertarian, was just shit stirring
>>
Its a protest against mob mentality. Is that not obvious?
>>
>>64562112

Not when it is very clearly about other bands' hivemind boycotting of north carolina.
>>
>>64561938
kek
>>
>>64562052
How was it btw? I keep thinking of the video
>>
>>64562158

Derivative jazzhop, expected much better.
>>
>>64562093

Esp. with manufacturing irreversibly drying up (the neoliberals are totally at fault for speeding this up, but anyone who promises that it's coming back is lying, intentionally or otherwise) the sort of work currently done by illegals is all that's left. More automation will mean fewer jobs. Raise minimum wage, crack down on people who employee illegal immigrants, and start focusing on making sure kids are equipped for either trade jobs or college once they've passed through the public school system.
>>
>>64559940
>/mu/ is nowhere near as bad as the other boards for wanting to get into silly sjw Internet squabbles

and now sjw Internet squabbles are 70% of this board
>>
>>64559931
>>64559940

If I were being honest, I dont see how this whole new "PC" era is a real problem, as in, nobody takes people who get so offended seriously, do they?
>>
THIS IS NOT /POL/

ALL OF YOU TAKE YOUR SHITTY OPINIONS THERE IF YOU WANT TO SHITPOST ABOUT POLITICS
>>
>>64562213

It needs to be done to purge the cancer from the board. Otherwise we are condemned to grimes threads and beyonce lemonade threads. /co/ is next.
>>
>>64562254

> triggered

This isn't /lgbt/, take your shitty ill formed mind there
>>
>>64562259
Just look at this thread, /mu/ is 50% tumblr kids

There is no saving /mu/
>>
>>64562213
But sjw-ism has rifted the entire generation of millenials. It's a big deal, neither side is going to change soon. These squabbles don't happen irl because people don't want other people to hate them.
>>
>>64562283
I don't support any of that bullshit, I want both sides to take their shitposts elsewhere though
>>
And the song isn't even good lmao
>>
>>64562181
Jazz? Where the hell is that, it just sounds like radiohead brand pop to me
>>
>>64562296

The squabbles don't happen irl because coming out against all but the most extreme sjw ideas is professional and social suicide. The professional side being most dangerous - i just qualified as a doctor, i also think that islam is a disgusting cult and its insane that we are conflating it with race and not addressing it with the same fervor as we did christianity - but if i were to express the slightest of these sentiments i would lose my job, no question.
>>
>>64562032
>I want the poor people who are already in this country to have those jobs and earn some fucking money so they don't have to collect welfare and rob people.
They don't want them. Have you even checked the unemployment rate? We are now down to people who don't want to work or who are unemployable
>you're defending a business's right to illegally hire people to work at slave-wages
Please quote me which law that is.
>>64562076
I know tons of legit Americans working those jobs. Calm down.
>>64562093
See above.
>>
>>64562289
complain about all the pop music all you want, that's legitimate - but the political split has always been part of /mu/, it just used to be done in less memes
>>
>>64559729
How can someone use so many words yet say absolutely nothing at all?
>>
>>64562326

In the 5/3 signature mostly
>>
>>64561874
yeah it's pretty confusing since the inspector is an authority figure from outside the town (state government?)
>>
>>64562397

> See above

You didn't read anything said, literally none of it. Don't be that person.
>>
>>64562393
Yeah, because some of your patients might be Muslim, idiot. At least when working, you shouldn't be thinking about this shit, because you need to do your job as well as you can for every patient. No one's going to trust you to do that if you go around talking about how the religious are idiots. You would deserve to get fired.
>>
>>64562397
>Please quote me which law that is.
de facto right given by poor enforcement of laws against it, obviously
>>
>>64561874
I got the feeling it was about globalisation destroying cultural traditions
>>
>>64562393
Give it a few years, I think you'll see more people like us speaking up.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0T_KECd1Jc
>>
>>64560011
First of all, if you're not American, then you should probably not talk about things you have no idea about.

And second, let me remind you that Europe has had Charlie Hebdo, Paris, Brussels attacks, Calais camp is an uncontrolled zone in which police have no control over, and the countries which took in most economic migrants do it a loss, have an explosion of crime and rape, and all of that is being hidden by local media, with rape victim all over the place.

Now tell me again how your anti-rape, anti-patriarchy, atheist agenda goes with letting in hundreds of thousands of people indoctrinated by their religion to rape and kill infidels (in their eyes it's you by the way).

While I agree that obviously USA has its doze of ultraconservative religious nationalists, you fail to see that Trump's political agenda is completely devoid of racial topics. He never mentions race or color of skin, despite that's what your liberal media wants you to believe in. His agenda is centered on economics, statistics and security of Americans.

The left simply doesn't allow any ideology beside itself. It has deeply totalitarian tendencies, with censorship and state control being a common practice. They call anything beside them racist and bigoted, while enabling racist and bigoted minorities to get votes and power.
>>
>>64562397
Holy shit, you're retarded. The unemployment rate doesn't take into account people who have stopped looking for work because they can't find any.

There are unemployed people in this country who would work those jobs if they were made available to them at a decent wage. As for people who "don't want to work," There are plenty of people in this country who don't want to pay for them to not work. When they don't have the excuse of not being able to find a job, they will be take those jobs to survive. Then they will start being rewarded for working instead of for being lazy.
>>
>>64562463
>you shouldn't criticize an ideology because a follower of this ideology might get upset and you deserve to be fired for that
>>
>>64562432
>You didn't read anything said,
I did. You were making excuses for uneducated people. The fact is, they too can get the same jobs illegal immigrants work at.
>>64562482
Except businesses get fined if caught employing illegals, as well as risk getting in trouble for not paying employees. So maybe try again and let me know what law you are referencing?
>>
>>64562494
The Left wins culture wars almost every single time, in the end. Total waste of time. Wage economic ones, that's where the Right wins.
>>
>>64562546
what part of "poor enforcement of laws" is confusing
>>
>>64562397
You don't live in Arizona my friend.
Let me say this again, because it's important. They don't pay taxes. Our sales tax rate is among the highest in the country because our state needs the revenue of a normal state. You could say that I literally pay some of their taxes for them.
>>
>>64560104
>>64559776
go to fucking bed marcel
>>
File: 1461784603449.jpg (69 KB, 657x527) Image search: [Google]
1461784603449.jpg
69 KB, 657x527
i dun lik diz tred discushun
DELET ALL COMENST
>>
>>64562546
They can't get those jobs, you fucking idiot, unless they choose to work for $4 an hour and break the law. Mexican poor people only do those jobs because their only alternative is to stay in their own country and start a revolution or because they're even more unqualified than the least qualified American.
>>
>>64562463

Of course I would treat them, I'm specializing in forensic psychiatry, i work daily with awful people but dont let that get in the way.

You have the same sentiments too, i presume you would negatively judge past rapists, murderers, child abusers or christian fundamentalists who propose obama is the antichrist.

We all have ideologies and their prescribed actions that we don't like. Don't think you don't do exactly the same.

I treat many disgusting people, that you would certainly agree are so - they're mostly paedophiles and rapists at my hospital.
>>
>>64562549
But the left puts enough pressure on the government to wage their own economic wars. Minimum wage, subsidized healthcare etc.
>>
lmao what the fuck you guys

everybody stop

take a nap

do something else clean your room

I know like at least three people here need to fucking vacuum

Stop this at once you guys
>>
>>64562535
>because they can't find any.
Prove it.
>who would work those jobs if they were made available to them at a decent wage
What jobs are we talking about, specifically?
>Then they will start being rewarded for working instead of for being lazy.
They will still be hired, along with legals. No problem.
>>64562568
lack of enforcement =/= right

Nice try though.
>>64562574
>They don't pay taxes
Which is why if they were naturalized, then there would be more money to go around, because they'd have to pay taxes.
>You could say that I literally pay some of their taxes for them.
Move to a different state.
>>64562612
>unless they choose to work for $4
Nice backpedaling
>>
>>64562546

No you didn't read, i gave explicit reasons why they cannot get those jobs, reasons why its more complicated than "they didnt work as hard as me at school" and reasons why they wouldn't want the jobs anyway.

You ignored them all because you couldn't argue against it. Well done, it's not clever and guaranteed everyone reading your post saw it too.
>>
>>64562618
most people don't even pretend to isolate their personal ideology from their day to day interactions. even if you want to it's debatable whether or not you can

it's really not about you, personally
>>
>>64559931
Radiohead hate the right wing did you even listen to HTTT?
>>
>>64562414
Damn that was sneaky, the song was shit but I do love a sneaky odd time signature
>>
>>64562647

Just go to sleep, at this point is the best way of saving face
>>
>>64562647
I don't need to prove anything but that it's illegal for these people to come into the country and it's illegal for businesses to hire them. Go find out why that's the case and then we can have an adult conversation.
>>
>>64562647
>lack of enforcement =/= right
which is why i said "de facto right"

again, not confusing
>>
File: ss (2014-06-05 at 12.50.33).jpg (4 KB, 93x123) Image search: [Google]
ss (2014-06-05 at 12.50.33).jpg
4 KB, 93x123
>all these people still believing in the left and right wing
>>
>>64562539
You shouldn't criticize an ideology publicly because it announces that you care less about the people who follow that ideology, and will almost certainly do a worse job taking care of them. If a black doctor complained about white people constantly in their public life, they would also rapidly become unemployable. If you're working at a major hospital system, you're going to work with people from a wide variety of ethnic, religious, and national backgrounds. So, yeah, you have to act like a goddamn professional.
>>
>>64559729
I'm not reading this and giving this clicks, but this is likely very butthurt, and upset about Radiohead for reasons which are likely motivated by guilt and fear.
>>
>>64562629
how about you vacuum my dick with your mouth, i'll pay you four dollars an hour
>>
>>64560170
My thing is I don't really understand the obsession with immigrants. They literally make no difference in the lives of normal people. Anyone who cares are "they took err jerbs" rednecks who don't understand that the reason jobs have disappeared is because the economy is fucked up and jobs are outsourced. The people who took their jobs are the employers, not immigrants.
>>
>>64562702
Backpedaling
>>64562701
>I don't need to prove anything
I guess you don't know how to argue. Thanks for playing.
>>64562691
Nice argument
>>64562649
I already dressed that. read the thread.
>>
>>64560575
Lol give me a break he obviously isn't going to win. I don't understand why people like Trump if you actually pay attention he has fucking awful policies. He's not even a conservative so don't give me that bullshit.
>>
>>64562747 (You)
>>
>>64562664

Muslims send a lot of their kids into medicine and dentistry, i work with several very well. Several of them also put very objectional material on facebook, deeply anti-semitic and terror apologism (immediate blame shifting after every terror attack). I couldn't respond to that without being fired.

Some further are alright, but that is purely to the degree that they are not muslim. Moderate islam is just a word for apostasy. The ones who are fine working with female consultants, the ones who are invested in rational discourse etc.
>>
>>64562628
Yeah, and they lose those constantly. Obamacare was a desperate, scrabbling half-measure. Minimum wage can't even get increased on a local level half the time. But gay marriage was always going to become reality eventually.
>>
>>64562719
but a black doctor complaining about white people is not in any way the same as criticising an ideology.
>>
>>64562719

Being black or white isn't an ideology. An ideology is something you choose, and so yes, exactly the sort of thing that judgement can, and should be passed on.
>>
>>64562647
What if they don't want to go through the hassle of getting naturalized? What if our pro-immigration culture is telling them, no don't bother we love you, it's all good ese. The only guy who actually wants to crack down on that is the guy saying DEPORT THEM ALL which is ludacris, but he's the only guy saying anything at all!
>>
File: 1446754236216.jpg (72 KB, 622x796) Image search: [Google]
1446754236216.jpg
72 KB, 622x796
Pitchfork has always been a shitshow which tries to avoid discussion of the actual music by making their "music articles" about other things
Whats new?
>>
>>64561874
I don't think it's a political song, but rather a tale on mob mentalities of any kind and those who end up being ostracized
>>
>>64562741
It's both.

And many of these illegal immigrants commit crimes, violent and otherwise, once they're here.

>>64562747
I won't go out of my way to prove anything to you, because you're asking questions that people have already answered several times already. I'm not interested in playing your little faggoty game.

Again, go find out why businesses aren't legally allowed to hire illegal immigrants and explain why you are defending them when they do so.
>>
>>64562747

Thanks for playing
>>
>>64562741
Many jobs are given to illegal immigrants because their labour is cheaper though, which is why illegal immigration is such a huge issue for the working classes. You're right, your average middle class family will not care about them though.
>>
dont worry, pitchfork is shit anyways
>>
>>64562721
Yep, as I expected this thread is about nothing but the fearful projections of the author of this article.

Radiohead write a FUCKING AMBIGUOUS song, and this retard voices his own insecurities suspecting it to be critical of his own insulated worldview.

And what is funny about all of this is that he's not even considering that what he's writing is not even what the song is even about.
>>
>>64562859
>Many jobs are given to illegal immigrants because their labour is cheaper though
Most people won't do those jobs anyways
>>
>>64562902
Many will.
>>
>>64560011
>being a Trump supporter is a very unsubtle way of being a closeted racist bigot

Look at the Leftist spouting buzzwords like "racist" and "bigot" when there are no facts to back their claim. Truly pathetic.
>>
>>64562902

Yes they would if the jobs had better pay and conditions, what is so hard to understand about that?
>>
yeah. i mean i knew id seen the animation style before but didnt know of the actual show. but was able to deduce the animation style was refernceone of those middle-the-road family values type values. do they really think people wouldnt be able to understand what the imagery and lyrics might be a metafor for or is p4k right in assume its readers are retarded? at least go into an analysis or tell me something. the article just states the fucking obvious and no one learns anything from it.
>>
>>64562812
>I don't think it's a political song, but rather a tale on mob mentalities of any kind and those who end up being ostracized

Ding ding ding, correct, but retards like the author of this article aren't even capable of comprehending such things or why such mentalities are bad for society.
>>
>>64562902
I that very difficult to believe, the only reason many people wouldn't do them now is because the vast majority of the wages have been pushed down.
>>
>>64562823
>because you're asking questions that people have already answered several times already
Then list the specific jobs we are talking about rather than just imaginary hate mongering.
>>64562917
Name them
>>64562923
>wah I can't find a job
>Oh wait here's a job but I'm way too good for it!
Not how it works.
>>
>>64562902
Hell I'm poor as shit and would do some of those jobs desu
>>
>>64562978
>Name them
this guy
>>64562982
>>
>>64562967
>>64562982
McDonalds is always hiring.
>>
>>64562978
Someone already listed specific jobs for you. I won't argue with a disingenuous faggot like yourself who chooses to go blind the moment someone posts something he can't deal with.
>>
>>64563014
I don't know much about McDonalds employment programs but I find it really hard to believe that they're in a perpetual state of employing.
>>
File: 1447882669696.jpg (7 KB, 267x323) Image search: [Google]
1447882669696.jpg
7 KB, 267x323
>>64560011
>being a Trump supporter is a very unsubtle way of being a closeted racist bigot.

Letting in extremists is not helping the refugees either. Either we keep the problem out. Or destroy our country like their countries.
>>
>>64563025
>Someone already listed specific jobs for you.
All of those places pay minimum wage. They are not $4.

Try again
>>64563044
>wah I need a job
>I haven't looked for one though
Are these the type of people condemning immigrants?
>>
>>64563014
Explain why you defend businesses who illegally hire people who came to the U.S. illegally for slave-wages.

>McDonalds

So, you think that people would work at McDonalds but wouldn't be a hotel maid or do landscaping or do ranch-work or work in restaurant kitchens? You're full of shit.
>>
>>64563105
>wah I need a job
>I haven't looked for one though
That's not what I said at all, I don't even need to look for a job, I'm just explaining why you're wrong.
>>
>>64562982
I would too, I don't care, I just want money.

This shit is a myth.
>>
>>64563108
>for slave-wages.
[citation needed]
>>64563108
>a hotel maid or do landscaping or do ranch-work or work in restaurant kitchens
All those places hire whites at at least minimum wage.
>>64563137
In that case you did a poor job
>>64563145
Note you are on 4hcan rather than looking for a job you lazy NEET
>>
>>64563165
>Note you are on 4hcan rather than looking for a job you lazy NEET
And you're on 4chan rather than doing your job
>>
>>64563105
This is very simple! Local businesses, landscape contractors, small shops etc. do not give a fuck about the minimum wage! Jorge hides under a table when the inspector shows up
>>
>>64563165
>[citation needed]
Fucking lol. http://www.latimes.com/nation/immigration/la-na-detention-immigration-workers-20150803-story.html

That's just from one second of Googling. I haven't bothered to check the validity of the source, but I could find dozens of accounts of this. Furthermore it's just common sense that this is what's going on. Why don't you show me something that says that it's a myth that illegal immigrants work for below minimum wage.
>>
>>64563165
http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/05/28/beck.immigrantworkers/index.html?iref=newssearch
>>
>>64563194
>And you're on 4chan rather than doing your job
I'm working right now.
>>64563204
>Local businesses
Name them
>>64563230
Your evidence is a detention center? Are you retarded?
>>64563260
Not a list of specific jobs. Try again.
>>
>muh SJWS

that isn't even the problem with the article are you all retarded? there are maybe two original sentences while the rest reads like a fucking wikipedia article that was written by a community college dropout, this shit is abysmal, even moreso than the other pitchfork articles I've read
>>
>>64563337
>I'm working right now.
hillary shill confirmed. we're done here
>>
>>64563337
My roommate worked with one of them in a bar kitchen last year. He was laughing about it one day because his boss told the guy to go home when some dude from corporate was visiting.
>>
>>64563414
How much was he getting paid? What was the name of the place?
>>
>>64563337
You asked for citation that illegal immigrants were working jobs at below minimum wage. I provided it and there you go. There are specific jobs mentioned too like picking fruit.

It's clear you're just a douche with a swollen hemorrhoid and I'm done wasting time on you.
>>
>this many people voting for trump

welp, /mu/ is dumber than I thought
>>
>>64563439
this place has gone to shit, wtf happened?
>>
>>64563457
People who started here when they were angsty teenagers are adults now.
>>
>>64563437
>I provided it and there you go
Well all detention centers pay that to all workers as well, so it's not a very good example, is it?.
>>
>>64563475
no I mean what happened to the quality? there used to be some good discussion on this board but now it's all pseuds
>>
>>64559931
i bet you love muse
>>
>>64561899
>implying the right don't do this too
>>
>>64563522
I bet you love dick.

>muse
Fuck it's the same thing.
>>
>>64559729

The fact that the right is appearing again in Europe is a sign of fucking good health.

You cant believe the careful posture and choice of words a god damn party in Germany say has to have with its words.

I dont want those poor fuckers to die trying to reach civilisation, but Europe will wake up again.
>>
File: 1462088019729.jpg (36 KB, 400x460) Image search: [Google]
1462088019729.jpg
36 KB, 400x460
>>64561419
>implying high iq scores mean anything other than being being good at test taking
>>
>>64563646
I bet you wish that's all it means.
>>
>>64560451
the unexamined life is not worth living
>>
File: 1457823892570.jpg (24 KB, 480x590) Image search: [Google]
1457823892570.jpg
24 KB, 480x590
when i go to pitchfork.com and hover over the tab that i went to it in, the little tagline thing is: pitchfork | the most trusted voice in music
post yfw
>pitchfork
>the most trusted voice in music
>pitchfork
>pitchfork
>pitchfork
>pitchfork
>pitchfork
>pitchfork
>pitchfork
>pitchfork
>pitchfork
>pitchfork
>pitchfork
>pitchfork
>>
>>64560451
if you can't turn your hobby into social capital it's garbage
>>
>>64563432
Fuck off
>>
>>64560794
how the fuck did you get that from this article? I can't tell if this is bait or not
>>
File: 1449909261824.jpg (11 KB, 462x327) Image search: [Google]
1449909261824.jpg
11 KB, 462x327
>>64563700
>>
>>64561938
fucking aye
>>
>>64562214
PC shit is cyclic. Comes and goes. Just more exposed this cycle because of the internet.

I'm guessing most of the young people averse to it are seeing it for the first time and care too much.
>>
>>64562289
Who gives a shit? The problem with /mu/ is, was, and will be that 99% of people on here would rather bitch about something than talk about music. And no one contributes. Who gives a shit about tumblrfags? Who gave a shit about Bushfags? It's a music board.

On that note: I get a very Steve Reich vibe from the song. Lots of repetition. It'll be interesting to see if they do that throughout the album.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.