[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Harvapour?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4
File: 1459278708449.jpg (130 KB, 736x897) Image search: [Google]
1459278708449.jpg
130 KB, 736x897
Is this really the latest microgenre? What's your verdict?

http://www.dazeddigital.com/music/article/30896/1/inside-harvapour-the-internet-s-latest-microgenre
>>
>>64554498
I thought this was going to be vaporwave reimagined with harpsichords. I was a bit thrown off when I found out the genre is actually called "hardvapour" and not harvapour.
>>
this has been going on for a while now

it's weird how "the press" still takes so long to "report" on musical happenings when all this stuff is literally taking place on reddit
>>
>>64554591
except for when they simply make up genres that never happened like seapunk
>>
>>64555448
>genres that never happened like seapunk
and hardvapour and harvapour
>>
Marcel was literally talking about hardvapour before Dazed Digital came out with this article where they "claimed" to discover it.

The music press is so fucking behind nowadays it's sad.
>>
>>64555482
This 2bh
>>
>>64554498
I WANT TO FUCK THOSE GIRLS WITHOUT REMOVING THEIR CLOTHES
>>
>>64555495
go away Marcel
>>
>“Welcome to Hardvapour” bangs without cease for just over two minutes, barrelling toward unlistenability before abruptly ejecting into silence and the cloying twang of a music-box. Like the album as a whole, it is deliberately bad, jarring a response from the listener.
>deliberately bad

holy shit are people really striving to make boring, terrible music now? Is that the next fad? Badwave?
>>
>>64555718
Not even a new fad m8
>>
>>64555718
bad wave started with the beatles.
>>
this has been circulating on /mu/ for months fampai, never give parasites like dazed any of your clicks

awful awful buzzfeed tumblr websites like this that are designed to appeal to annoying teenage girls
>>
>>64555788
>misplaced hatred of the beatles,
spoken like a true badwaver
>>
>>64555641
nice meme :^)
>>
If Hardvapour actually blows up remember that Marcel was the first fucking journalist to talk about it.
>>
>>64555448
I'm really relieved you said this because I can't count the number of think pieces that have alluded to a 'seapunk' when I only have the vague suspicion that they have no idea what they're talking about.
>>
File: 1461799309832.jpg (80 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1461799309832.jpg
80 KB, 1280x720
Hardvapour is Wolfenstein OSX's pathetic attempt to distance himself from Vaporwave in order to get signed to bigger labels while still pandering to the internet crowd that made him famous.

It's a very transparent, shallow and boring promotional move on his part, posturing as "progressive" and "extreme" artistic move.

AND IT'S JUST SHITTY GABBER WITH FILTERS ON IT.
Only a small handful of tracks produced by all his guests are somewhat cool.

And as for his aesthetic, it's pitifully uninspired. He saw that vaporwave had gook letters, so he put cyrillic letters instead. He saw that vaporwave had pink, so he put turquoise instead. And that's it, apart from that, it's just shitty bedroom gabber with the same edgy song names that don't refer to anything.

There's no nostalgia, no immersion in a specific time period or culture, there's no ruin aesthetic, and there's no pop appeal, there's none of the redeeming factors of vaporwave, only WOSX's giant ego masquerading as artistic integrity and boldness.

And the worst part is that the concept of harsh/angry vaporwave has potential, as an offshoot of industrial music or something, that would draw inspiration from the multiple countercultures of the late 80s/early 90s. He could easily have made something consistent with the weeaboo theme of vaporwave by using ultraviolent anime visuals or someshit.

But he didn't, because if he had done that, he wouldn't have been able to declare "vaporwave is dead" and attract attention from teenage music journalists from the internet.

Don't waste your time listening to "hardvapour". Make your own angry vaporwave.

You may use this as a copypasta and spread it around as a warning against this slimy commercial move.
>>
File: a1.png (252 KB, 537x904) Image search: [Google]
a1.png
252 KB, 537x904
>people will take journalists who write articles like this seriously
>>
>>64555959
Wolfenstein is a fuck. Cringe tier reddit pandering crusty ass loser. Fuck that retard.
>>
>>64555495
Ayy I saw marcel at car seat headrest in santa cruz a couple weeks ago
>>
>>64556043
was he nice? what did you say to him?
>>
>>64555448
Wasn't seapunk a fashion scene that actually existed?
>>
>>64556059
lol I didn't talk to him, I didn't know who he was until my friend told me about him
>>
>>64556072
You're thinking of ocean grunge
>>
>>64556100
>>64556072

i thought ocean grunge was music and seapunk was fashion?
>>
>>64555959
good post
fuck that guy
>>
>>64555959
/thread
>>
Redditwave
>>
so it's just weebs making gabber?
>>
>>64556122
You are correct.
>>
>>64556411
not even weebs
>>64555959
>>
>>64556411
it's like when vaporwave producers started making shitty japanese disco edits and made up a new name for it even though people have been making edits like those for decades
>>
>>64556591
I agree that most of futurefunk is just lame French House. However, some of it really has a distinct style and vibe that justifies the trend's existence in my opinion.

I have yet to find similar stuff in hardvapour.
>>
File: hard.jpg (82 KB, 274x274) Image search: [Google]
hard.jpg
82 KB, 274x274
Alright that girl in the OP pic has a hard-looking butt. In a good way.

Let's show WOSX how it's done, and make a hard vaporwave concept album based on her butt. It must be strong and powerful yet supple and sexy.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.