[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is poptimism a product of anti-rockists ignoring black genres
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: poptimism _tcm87-61475.png (863 KB, 824x952) Image search: [Google]
poptimism _tcm87-61475.png
863 KB, 824x952
Is poptimism a product of anti-rockists ignoring black genres and anything old and thinking all electronic music is EDM so thats all they have left for their contrarianism?
>>
People liking pop music here are either faggots who actually like pop and don't belong, or shitposters

Needs to be purged off the fucking board, there are billions of places you can discuss pop music with other fucktards
>>
Poptimism is just an excuse to commercialize and make more money. Pitchfork knew that there was no music to be made in reviewing music that is actually independent. So they primarily focus on pop music with feminist or anti racist messages, as an excuse to shield themselves from the criticism that they're classist and capitalist shills.
>>
An "anti rockist" would disagree with all those things you posit they believe, as would be obvious if you knew what rockist meant
>>
>>64550577
Theres still money to be made in p4ks style of "breaking" new underground artists (then promptly dropping them when said artists cease to be fashionable). However, focusing on literal top 20 music brings in even more hits and ad revenue, so "poptimism" was invented to help music journalists sleep at night.
>>
>>64550274
pop music isnt as bad as it use to be during the late 2000s just because dave grohl keeps telling you its bad doesnt mean you have to pretend you dont like it
>>
>>64551562
The quality of pop between now and the late 2000s is no different.
>>
>>64551732
well you can say that, but it just make me wonder how much pop music you actually listen to
>>
I like classical, jazz, experimental/underground AND pop music, what does that make me?
>>
>plebs cant understand that 2000-2007 was the best era of pop
>>
>>64550274
but anon, electronic music is all shit
>>
>>64552075
that makes you nothing special desu
>>
>>64553211
it makes him a less elitist/close-minded person than those who pretend in their minds to not be enjoying things.
>>
File: AbeOik6.jpg (14 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
AbeOik6.jpg
14 KB, 480x270
>>64552370
>>
>>64554102
Its funny because all poptimists only listen to pop so they aren't called elitist/close-minded
>>
>>64554981
no poptimists is a word made up by rockists because they dont understand that admitting they like pop music makes them this >>64554102
>>
>>64555702
>>64554981
>>
>>64554981
>>64555702

i doubt anyone who likes just pop music would bother occupying this board
>>
File: Screenshot (1).png (512 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (1).png
512 KB, 1920x1080
It's part of the SJWification of music criticism, but not for the reasons /mu/ thinks. Pop music is the domain of women and gay men, while rock music is the domain of straight men. If you're a p4k writer, you think covering rock music exclusively is an inherently homophobic and sexist act.

Covering pop music used to be an April Fools joke, but now Carly Rae Jepson's vapid 80s throwbacks are now worth seriously considering. Come to think of it, you could also blame indie artists like M83 embracing pop, or at least mainstream artists co-opting the most superficial sounds of indie rock.
>>
>>64556772
fever is great you mook
>>
If you want to make threads about this topic specify what you mean by pop because it's got at least 3 definitions.
>>
>>64556873
waifupop
>>
>>64557021
WHAT
>>
Does poptimism include ALL pop music or just top 40 radioshit?
>>
>>64558131
Top 40, probably
>>
Pop music used to be good until around 1998. That
s when it started to suck.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.