[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is this seen as a great album or the decline of emo into pop
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: Front.jpg (52 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Front.jpg
52 KB, 500x500
is this seen as a great album or the decline of emo into pop punk garbage? i need to know if it's ok to like it
>>
>i need to know if it's ok to like it

everything is wrong about living in the 10s
>>
>>64549166
It's not okay to like emo at all
>>
>>64549166
Does it sound good to you? Then you like it. Fuckin sheep.
>>
my favorite emo song, actually pulls my heartstrings today still

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCILA0dQJNI
>>
If you like it, you like it. Don't be a fag and seek acceptance of your tastes.

Also, it's the second one. Jimmy Eat World is a joke and has little to nothing to do with emo.
>>
>>64549166
>i need to know if it's ok to like it
Get the fuck over yourself.
>>
It's a good album.
>>
>>64549166
Uh, this album has nothing to do with what you listed. Its not emo nor did it usher in "pop punk".

Emo became a buzz word in the early 2000s to describe any music where the singer wore tight pants. Weeder back in the early 90s is true emo IMO. The bands like Hawthorne Heights were just fags. Fortunately, pop punk is dead, at least compared to how it used to be. Kids today seem to choose rap like young thug over any form of rock music. Don't get me wrong, I liked Gucci mane and Lil Wayne in like 2006 when I was 17-18, but I also enjoyed rock music. I feel like today's generation want more #SWAGLOL than actual instrumentation, even if its simplistic like the aforementioned pop punk.

But I consider Bleed America to be a good album. Its not great and it's not something I'd listen to now though.
>>
I had that CD when I was 9

use this information as you want
>>
>>64550450

oldfag reporting in. Emo was actually fugazi
>>
it is JEW's best album they worked best in the void between pop-punk and midwestern emo.
>>
>>64550450
>>64550450
>I feel like today's generation want more #SWAGLOL than actual instrumentation, even if its simplistic like the aforementioned pop punk.

I hate this shit so much. Your generation isn't special and the new kids aren't any worse than you. Things change, kids find ways to do new things and almost all older people go "hurr durr this new shit is retarded", when it's exactly how older people felt towards them when they were young. Same logical fallacy bullshit repeated ad infiniitum through the ages. Even socrates complained about the fucking kids in ancient greece.

Grow the fuck up and get over yourself, you may find you're not a great as you think.
>>
bleed american is the peak of modern emo
>>
File: 6942354687613.jpg (78 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
6942354687613.jpg
78 KB, 625x626
>>64549166
people are biting good job OP
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JitVb9P59bk
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.