[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you think we'll ever see a new album get in the top 10?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5
File: Untitled.jpg (121 KB, 429x805) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
121 KB, 429x805
Do you think we'll ever see a new album get in the top 10?
>>
Radiohead's LP9
>>
Yeah I bet kind of blue will go up to #10 again at some point
>>
>>64536242
No
Especially when rock basically died and rap replaced it
>>
File: TIM.jpg (326 KB, 1102x1102) Image search: [Google]
TIM.jpg
326 KB, 1102x1102
Wait 3 months.
>>
the fact there is no jazz there is disgusting
>>
>every single album from before the site was made

why is society so critical of music released past 2000 and we think that its "unable for a masterpiece to exist"?

>in b4 "no music after 2000 was good xD
>>
At this point it's literally impossible because all new stuff gets downrated while old albums rating actually increases
>>
>>64536242
probably not because for any album that comes out now, everyone will be so sick of it being widely heralded as amazing that there will be a sizable portion of the population that thinks its super overrated.
>>64536300
this is a fake cover/album name
>>
>>64536324
well i mean #11 is jazz
>>
>>64536336
What do you think should be in there?
>>
>>64536336
Because it takes a while for the diamonds to appear among the mountains of shit. Plus it's too early to tell exactly what influence albums that have come out within the past decade or two have actually had.
>>
File: sf.jpg (43 KB, 560x554) Image search: [Google]
sf.jpg
43 KB, 560x554
>>64536383
some obscure jazz masterpiece released only in norway
>>
Loveless has been moving up recently, so it's possible. Also, Ziggy Stardust shot up after Bowie died.
>>
>>64536383
Lift Yr Skinny Fists or Laughing Stock should be on there.
>>
>>64536336
Time allows more fans to latch onto it.
>>
>>64536242
Loveless is better than both Dark side and ok computer it should be #1
>>
Following lists and users with specific tastes is so much better than the charts anyway
>>
>>64536459
you're not wrong,
>>
>>64536459
lol
>>
File: 1462078149078.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1462078149078.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>64536336
>every single album from before the site was made
There's a number of factors at work here, not just any perceived lack of quality in 2000s albums (although that's probably a major component).

First, people leave the site or forget passwords all the time. Those users will obviously not be rating anything after they leave, while new users will continue to rate older albums higher.

Older albums get more ratings period, not just from user account factors. While RYM does a good job of accounting for number of ratings, it does seem to help to have more. A lot of people won't even be listening to potentially great albums from recent years, opting to just listen to the classics.

Also, if history is any indicator, it should take a long time for the best albums to get the recognition they deserve. You can't expect any album from the past 10 years to be in the RYM top 10. I'm honestly surprised there are even any in the top 200.

>>64536300
I pray that this has been worth the wait
>>
>>64536480
lmao
There's nothing more disgusting thatn droning avant-teens
>>
>>64536539
>implying I was talking about avant-teens
>>
>>64536451
>Lift Yr Skinny Fists or Laughing Stock should be on there.
Why? I love them too by the way just wondering why you think that.
>>
>>64536451
>Lift Yr Skinny Fists
F#A# is better.
>>
Arctic Monkeys' LP6
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.