[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Im a /mu/core prick >gf listens to Disney music and country
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4
File: 81J7coHyJ7L._SL1417_.jpg (263 KB, 1417x1417) Image search: [Google]
81J7coHyJ7L._SL1417_.jpg
263 KB, 1417x1417
>Im a /mu/core prick
>gf listens to Disney music and country

I want to try and introduce her to other kinds of music, but I do not want to scare her away. What accessible music should I show her to try and find what she likes?
>>
she likes country. show her good country. theres no mucore country? not talking OBND
>>
>>64535848
>Disney music and country
are you in elementary school by any chance?
>>
Try AJJ https://youtu.be/XyY7Yvx2PYA
>>
>>64535848
>/mu/tant
>has a gf
nice joke mate
>>
Your gf sounds like a pure kind hearted maiden don't corrupt her with your edgy meme music
>>
>>64535848
People with good taste don't ask these questions because they already would know what to show their gf. You don't deserve to have a gf. You are a loser.
>>
>>64535911
I like country as well, but I would like her to try and branch out
>>
>>64535848
http://en.musicplayon.com/play?v=345166
>>
>>64535950
college
>>
>>64535848
>/mu/core
how about you try to branch out
>>
My ex gf only liked Bruno Mars, Taylor Swift, other radio pop shit, until I molded her into a superior being.

Just introduce her to new shit, you asspie. Like put it in the background when you bang and shit.
>>
>>64535848
What country music does she like? I am also a girl who listens to those things but I also listen to other stuff as well. I might be able to suggest some good gateway stuff?
>>
>>64536059
I dont want to just make her listen to inaccessible music and have her act like she likes it. I was looking for good songs/albums to introduce someone to a genre, that is accessible
>>
>>64536129
kenny chesney, luke bryan, josh turner
>>
>>64536132
honestly figure it out yourself
we don't know any ur gf.
if anything start off with vampire weekend and grizzly bear
>>
>>64536174
gb sounds like a good idea, thanks
>>
>>64535848
Have you not tried making her listen to Anco?
>>
>>64536132
Why would she acts like she likes it? Can she not form her own opinions? Why are you dating her? Do you beat her?
>>
>>64536154
Hmmmm. What about something folky, like fkeet foxes or bon iver or the like? I'm not particularly into those artists but they could be good gateway artists? What about In the Aeroplane over the Sea? It's acoustic guitar + storytelling. My tastes in country are pretty different than hers, I tend to listen to more lady artists.
>>
>>64535848
Show her hop along
>>
File: download (2).jpg (5 KB, 151x151) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
5 KB, 151x151
>>64536912
MAC DEMARCO
father john misty too
that should set her right
>>
What about you leave her alone with her music taste you autistic piece of shit?
>>
>>64536957
The vocalist for that band is absolutely amazing
>>
>>64536154
Actually why don't you just recommend her stuff you think she'd like? She might like Kacey Musgraves, Maddie and Tay, or Lucy Hale?
>>
>>64537121
this

brandy clark, miranda lambert too. all solid modern country. maybe follow those up with danse manatee
>>
>>64535976
Don't do this btw
>>
>>64535950
There's a lot of normies who listen to that stuff. My gf listens solely to Disney soundtracks and shitty pop punk.
>>
>>64536129
>>64536912
>>64537121
This is all me.

>>64537164
Miranda Lambert's most recent is fun. Ashley Monroe, Pistol Annies, maybe even Lydia Loveless (her second album in particular).

Honestly, what I would do if I wanted to share music with my boyfriend is ask him if we could listen to each other's music. I would take an interest in what he likes, and also show him some of the stuff I like. Just don't be a jerk about it. I'm sure you can find some joy in some of the stuff she listens to, and I'm sure she'll enjoy some of your music as well.
>>
My gf listens to disney a lot too, but instead of country its U2 and other shitty arena rock.

She likes a lot of the stuff I play for her (even got her to enjoy a NMH concert), but would never go out of her way to listen to it without me.
>>
my gf has similar taste (pop- country and top 40) and basically gets mad at me when I tell her to listen to anything and the gets more mad at me when I dont listen to the music she recs me. i try to tell her its okay to have different taste but it really upsets her for some reason

I tend to just let her listen to whatever when we hang out, the only thing we agree on is kanye and even then she hates 808 and its my personal favorite
>>
Sufjan Stevens, Fleet Foxes, or some other folky stuff is probably a good choice
>>
File: image.jpg (21 KB, 176x176) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21 KB, 176x176
>>64535848
Pick out the most accessible shit you enjoy and just have it be playing in the car with her or whenever she's around. Only listen to the hits. She'll be bound to take a liking to something. Then move from there.
You don't want to be that dick who talks a ton about music and they have no idea what you're talking about. Don't tell her to listen to something because 9.9/10, she won't. If she hears something she likes by chance, she'll look into it

Also, Honeycomb / Gotham is the peak AnCo reached.
>>
>>64537607
i think the the only anon you should listen to is this anon, OP.
>>
John Fahey
>>
personal experience here: my GF got really into fireworks by anco - and she is by no means a fan. I think because the melody is actually quite beautiful and folksy. she tends to tune out if things get too atonal.
>>
>>64535848
What kind of relationship do you even have with your girlfriend?

Unless you just met her, there's no reason to just show her some fucking music. If you're that insecure of scaring her away, you shouldn't be in that relationship to begin with.
>>
Try showing her Pinegrove
>>
>Disney music and country
Long Season, naturally.
>>
File: fantasia1.jpg (244 KB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
fantasia1.jpg
244 KB, 1000x1500
>>64535848
>Disney Music.
If it's from "Fantasia" she likes classical music and it's pretty good in my opinion.
>>
>>64536617
are you a policeman by any chance?
>>64536982
this too except maybe not FJM, unless you want your gf to be a pleb
>>
>>64535848
Fleet Foxes?
Beach House?
Of Montreal?
I really don't think anyone can particularly dislike these
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.