[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so can we agree 4x4=12 is the best deadmau5 album? also, he's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: Deadmau5_4x4=12.jpg (16 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Deadmau5_4x4=12.jpg
16 KB, 300x300
so can we agree 4x4=12 is the best deadmau5 album?
also, he's kind of underrated on this board, especially as a gateway artist towards more interesting music, kind of like gorillaz or pink floyd. agree or disagree?
discuss
>inb4 deadmau5 sucks you underage edm faggot
>>
>>64534851
Random Album Title is his best.
>>
No, we will never agree on that. 4x4=12 is repetitive at its best, and just plain annoying at its worst.

Random Album Title is, and forever will be, the best deadmau5 album. Hell, it's objectively the best progressive house album of all time. Everyone in the dance music scene held him and his production style in reverence.

Honestly, I would rather EDM kiddos like yourself not post about deadmau5 than drag his legacy in the mud.
>>
>>64534968
>it's objectively the best progressive house album of all time
> drag his legacy in the mud.

kek
>>
Random Album Title is his best, but Get Scraped is the most interesting and really underrated imo. And deadmau5 was the first artist I really got into, and it wasn't a gateway towards interesting music. It was a gateway to dogshit
>>
>>64534874
>>64534968
i think that, although RAT might have better compositions, 4x4=12 is better produced, is way more sonically layered with textures and atmospheres.
many of the tracks on RAM are kind of predictable - kicking off with a rhythm, then stopping, letting the trance-ish synths build, and then just dropping it back down to a more subtle sound.
4x4=12 is more musically adventurous, utilizing drones, rhythmic builds and digital glitches, whirlwind synths and arpeggios popping out of nowhere in the background...
>>
>>64534851
heavily agreed, first heard "some chords" at a Halloween party and was amazed that music like that existed. it was the gateway to much weirder electronic music

not that the album is possibly more than an 8, of course
>>
>>64535079
to further my point, here are a few examples
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7qlOK1CHMQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTcopp-mpmo
both tracks kind of start of easy, then stop, then the synth builds, the reverb increases, then it drops back down and keeps going
on 4x4=12, however, we have tracks like chuthulu sleeps, for example
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smt28hhJ5kE
where the track kick off on an instant agrressive tone, builds from there, then spirals in a distorted whirlwind of textures and distorted basslines, slows down, builds a synth lead with beautiful background drones, than drops it down again, and out of nowhere hits you again with the heavy, agrressive rhythm that builds from there again, this time even more tensely
>>
can we all agree that 4x4=12?
>>
>>64535412
i'm no mathematician, man
>>
>>64535005
>doesn't listen to prog house

>>64535079
>>64535291
I appreciate the effort you put into your argument. I think we just value different things in dance music. 4x4=12 has a sinister vibe and a cold, repetitiveness to it that I enjoyed for some songs but not all. 4x4=12 has some weak songs thrown in, namely Sofi Needs A Ladder and A City in Florida, to name a couple. I do have a lot of respect for Joel though for being influenced by the brostep craze at the time while making it his own thing.
>>
>>64535569
i'll agree that a city in florida is a shitty song (any song named 'a city in florida' is, by definition, a terrible song), but i'll defend sofi needs a ladder.
although the vocal performance by sofi is repetitive, it's not the worst i've heard on a deadmau5 track (looking at you, gerarld way), and the amazing build of the track, with the resonating snare drum and tingling, plucky synths emerging from the cloud of delay and reverb effects, constantly building.
it think it all comes down to mood, though.
if you're looking for something subtle and relaxing, RAT is the album of choice, but if you're looking for something a bit more maximalist and explosive, 4x4=12 is the better one.
>>
>arguing which pile of shit is the best

okay that's enough. it's past your bedtime Joel
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.