[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /mu/ think about the cult legend Takashi Mizutani of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
File: Wild Party 1975.jpg (281 KB, 1392x1350) Image search: [Google]
Wild Party 1975.jpg
281 KB, 1392x1350
What does /mu/ think about the cult legend Takashi Mizutani of Japanese avant-garde/garage rock/noise rock/shoegaze/psychedelic rock pioneers Les Rallizes Dénudés?
>>
The human equivalent to the world meme.
>>
>>64526265
I mean word
>>
>>64526245
Shitty meme for easily impressed teens who want to rebel against their parents by playing shitty, unlistenable noise garbage.

In the same way Coil are loved by all the edgy manchildren who want to like something "transgressive" despite not being gay, Les Rallizes Denudes is for edgy manchildren who are too hipster to like Sonic Youth.
>>
He's great, would love to see him come back.
>>
>>64526452
this is a horrible post, you should really feel shame for these hideous opinions
>>
>>64526265
How the fuck is Mizutani a meme, you fucking retard? He's a fucking legend over there in Japan.

The human equivalent to the word meme is someone like Drake or MC Ride.
>>
John Cale for niwaka weebs who discovered anime last year
>>
File: 2038204129_fc51a461bf_b.jpg (206 KB, 1024x1009) Image search: [Google]
2038204129_fc51a461bf_b.jpg
206 KB, 1024x1009
>>64526468
We already have the superior version
>>
>>64526530
I don't want to compare the two.
>>
>>64526565
Why not?

They are one and the same.
>>
>>64526600
Both come from a different place in terms of what they thought of themselves. Haino is more of a performer on stage, working his way around numerous instruments to give off a performance. Mizutani was a rockstar, nothing more or less. Both might venture into the same areas of sound but their roles are different.
>>
>>64526638
Word.

Haino is a fucking joke, Mizutani is a cult figure.
>>
>>64526695
I'd say Mizutani is more important for Japanese underground, yes. Haino doesn't have much regard for it.
>>
They're my favorite band to play when it's really hot outside
>>
>>64526725
Kaino should collab with Moe Kamura, shame he thinks he's above that entire scene.
>>
>>64526866
Haino*
>>
>>64526866
>>64526968
Yes. I'd say that maybe he'll weaken up to it as he grows older but he's pretty old right now.
>>
>>64527090
>>64526866
Wait, so Keiji Haino is a pretentious, arrogant asshole?

Never saw him in that light tbqh.
>>
>>64527177
He is pretty pretentious in terms of people he plays with but he's a kind-hearted guy based off his interviews.
>>
>>64527292
Shame he likes to play with those Sunn O))) hacks.
>>
I prefer LRD to Haino's projects. LRD's timbral experiments were pretty cool often using guitars to make sounds of other things, allowing for a variety in atmospheres. You can see the influence of this in later Japanese noise rock like Boredoms, and even some shoegaze.

Haino reminds me of shitty metal bands that waste too much time just using the feedback sound, while guys like Branca and Sonic Youth took it to a level Haino just refused to go to.
>>
>>64527305
I personally think Nazoranai is one of the better projects in the past decade for Haino, but to each their own I guess.
>>
Didn't one of the Denudes guys hijack a plane and fly it to Best Korea?
Good shit
>>
Just listen to Mainliner if you want psych noise rock

LRD is for RYM meme teens
>>
>>64526506
legends are essentially memes though
>>
They're good but all their recordings are such shit quality that I can't enjoy them.
>>
>>64526638
Wasn't Haino directly influenced by Mizutani, and even played with him at one point? I know they had a falling out and don't like each other now.
>>
>>64527777
they're pretty much the same thing only LRD did the same exact thing earlier.
>>
>>64527715
Yeah. He was part of some Japanese communist party and they sought asylum in Best Korea after they hijacked the plane. Apparently he wants to go back to Japan and face charges because he doesn't like living there.
>>
>>64527870
>Wasn't Haino directly influenced by Mizutani
It was Takayanagi if anything that made him form Fushitsusha but I guess some sort of influence was inevitavle.
>even played with him at one point?
That is true. I think they were in a Blue Cheer cover band or something, don't remember.
>I know they had a falling out and don't like each other now.
That mostly has to do with Haino pushing himself to become the king of Japanese underground. He had a more sober vision of what he wanted to do, especially considering how much influence he took outside of external sources. His vocal work is all seemingly based off Artaud's guide in The Theater and Its Double. His stage presence was based off The Doors. Mizutani was mostly a VU child.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.