[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw this could have been their best album if it had only been live
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 8
File: image.jpg (233 KB, 1417x1417) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
233 KB, 1417x1417
>tfw this could have been their best album if it had only been live
>>
https://youtu.be/yqQ7tU26Q6E

And that's only Sung Tongs
>>
>>64523837

but it is their best album??
>>
>>64526723
No, Spirit is. Danse is their second best. It's like you don't even do your research before posting.
>>
>>64526819

>plebs
>>
>>64526819
>Spirit
>liking kiddie folk music that has some noise to look avant-garde
>not appreciating the genuinely experimental and classic Hollindagain
why do you even come here
>>
Danse is their worst album though. AnCo at their most selfish, wanky, and boring.
>>
>>64527201
>unironically liking anything after feels
Damn, I almost feel bad for you
>>
File: fedora.jpg (230 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
fedora.jpg
230 KB, 640x960
>>64527201
>wanky
>>
>>64527129
I don't listen to Animal Collective for avant-garde stuff, I listen to it for pretty music.
>>
>>64527129
>Implying an album that intricately ties the biological phenomenon of aging causing an individual to be unable to hear higher frequencies to the emotional thesis of childhood memory viewed from the lens of an adult is "kiddie folk music"

Hollinndagain is far, far less mature or experimental than Spirit, brev.
>>
>>64527201
what do you mean by selfish? also essplode is one of their greatest songs ever
>>
File: Legendre Disapproves.jpg (7 KB, 160x200) Image search: [Google]
Legendre Disapproves.jpg
7 KB, 160x200
>>64525622
>those comments
>>
>>64527340
I think I vaguely get what he means.

More than any other of their releases, Danse Manatee is explicitly for them. It's the music they wanted to make, what they liked, without regard for an audience.

I can see how this can put people off, but for me it makes me feel a part of it for enjoying it alongside them.
>>
>>64527244
So why isn't Feels your favorite? I've always wondered why people hate Danse Manatee, even people who are well enough into patricianhood to be able to listen to it without getting a headache seem to despise it. People who hail Spirit They're Gone, Spirit They've Vanished as a masterpiece, criticize the fuck out of Danse Manatee, even though they are around the same level of abrasiveness.

But then it hit me, how many people have you seen who say they hate Danse Manatee, but love "Essplode"? How many people have you seen deny that Feels is the true anco pop masterpiece, because the tracks "drag on" too much? How many people have you seen who's least favorite track on Sung Tongs is Visiting Friends? Animal Collective have developed a fanbase who cannot appreciate slow music. Its not that Danse Manatee is too abrasive, people are just too fucking impatient. It's not a failed experiment, it just takes its fucking time. Asking an anco fan to appreciate this album is like asking a Soccer fan to appreciate Baseball. It's hard to go from "GET BALL TO GOAL" to whatever the fuck those nerds are doing in baseball. I don't actually watch sports.

>>64527304
let me string up a random concept about Hollindagain regarding its frequencies ok here we go
The high frequencies you hear on Hollindagain? Well, you see, it's actually a metaphor for the vividness of life as seen through the eyes of a child, which ties in with the tribal theme of the album, symbolic of a child's entrance to adulthood, with the first track representative of the person's entry into the forest, Pride and Fight representing a child's wonder and amazement upon seeing this new world (the frequencies and sounds which amaze people when they're younger aren't audible at older ages, which makes the song less impressive to older people) and Forest Gospel representing the life of a child inside this forest (the forest ACTUALLY being a metaphor for growing up in life, hence the chaotic sound of the song).
>>
>>64527219
>I only like AnCo cuz they are quirky and weird and experimental!
Still mad that nobody danced to you playing AnCo in your AnCo dance party?

>>64527227
But wank is enjoyed by fedora idiots though. I guess that pic was meant to be you then.

>>64527340
What the other guy said. They made it entirely for themselves. Even music that's very personal in nature (Pet Sounds, Pink Moon, etc.) isn't this selfish. This album is Dream Theater levels of selfish. Esspl
>>
>>64527515
The entirety of your response is invalidated because there aren't those frequencies on Hollinnd.

The true point of Hollinnd is to show that they genuinely do this for fun, because its meaningful to them, without needing other people to like it.

Also Forest Gospel is literally about heroin.

I don't get why you're so angry. I love all of their albums, and Spirit, Danse, and Hollinnd are all very similar, so putting down one and raising the other is very infantile.
>>
>>64527588
>Dream Theater levels of selfish

No, because Dream Theater is still trying to be impressive. Danse is literally just music they want to make.
>>
>>64527600
I get what you're saying 'cause that's how I felt it the first time I heard it. I liked it but felt nothing special. I liked 'Spirit They're Gone, Spirit They've Vanished' way better. Then, I decided to give it another try, and again, I felt nothing special. After a few months of giving it several tries and giving up, I saw the album at Target. So, I bought it and decided to give it one last chance. I inserted the Disk into my car's stereo and turned it up. It BLEW ME AWAY completely! Wow, how could I have missed it all those times. Now I can't get enough of it. I hear it all the time. I even downloaded the whole documentary and live versions into my iPod. Hollindagain is like a fine dish, some people have to try it several times to get its FULL POWER. It's not noise, just really awesome sound effects that make the album unique. In my opinion, there is no better album, nor will there ever be, than Animal Collective's 'Hollindagain'
>>
>>64527620
Yeah, the same way AnCo tries to be impressive through muh sounds and muh experimentation that they pull on this album. Whether it's a technical jam session or a mess of "experimentation", it's just wank at the end.

Also my phone messed up, but I was trying to say that Essplode is the one good track on the album. But then, even generic pop shit will have one nice single, too among a pile of shit.
>>
File: zappa_0.jpg (71 KB, 398x480) Image search: [Google]
zappa_0.jpg
71 KB, 398x480
>plebs attempting to say that Campfire Songs and HCTI aren't anco's best
>>
I don't get this, albums are played live but recorded you fucktard

If you mean the additions AnCo makes to their live sets, they improve every album. Painting With was on a whole new level played live, in fact it made me question why the album itself didn't have that level of depth or the additional intros
>>
>>64527515
>So why isn't Feels your favorite?
Probably because Feels is boring

>they are around the same level of abrasiveness
No they aren't

>how many people have you seen who say they hate Danse Manatee, but love "Essplode"?
I don't know, but I'm not one of them. I love all the tracks on Danse Manatee.

>How many people have you seen who's least favorite track on Sung Tongs is Visiting Friends?
That song is great, my least favorite is College

Why was that post a reply to mine ?
>>
>>64527678
It's wank but it's not trying to be impressive at all.

It is literally just music they made for fun. There's no other intention but their own personal satisfaction, which doesn't involve you. Is this what bothers you?

Meet the Light Child, Lablakely Dress, Ahhh Good Country are all good.
>>
>>64527588
>nobody danced to you playing AnCo in your AnCo dance party?
What does that even mean ?
>>
>>64527754
>I love all the tracks on Danse Manatee.

Penguin Penguin will always be the worst track on Danse Manatee, and the worst track on Sung tongs will always be Whaddit I Done.
>>
>>64527756
It's not impressive to others (other than the fans who buy into their bullshit), it's impressive to themselves. Same as Dream Theater. Wank is wank. They like it that's great, good for them, but don't then be like "omg whys it out lowest rated album? I loved wanking all over it."
>>
>>64527783
But I like Whaddit I Done. The worst on Danse Manatee is probably The Living Toys or In the Singing Box.
>>
>>64527781
Some kid on reddit held a anco dance party and wrote something about how nobody danced and he got mad. Very autistic
>>
Danse Manatee kinda grew on me after I bought the vinyl for cheap.
>>
>>64527821
Oh
>>
>>64527839
The artwork on the back really compliments the music. I love listening to the album and staring at the drawing finding different images in there every time.
>>
>>64527129
>noise on two songs
>waaaah izz tryan to b 2 avan gard
You missed the point of the noise being there entirely on the first song

Fucking morons, how hard is it to realise that its the equivalent of musical sweet and sour? Maybe if you look up the lyrics the meaning of the song will slap you in the face like your gay lover's dick
>>
Campfire Songs is AnCo's best and Doggy is within their top 5 songs
>>
THE AIR SMELLS LIKE HONEY BUTTER WHEN IM FUCKING YA LATELY *smashes cymbals*
>>
File: 75463423565554.png (98 KB, 257x380) Image search: [Google]
75463423565554.png
98 KB, 257x380
>>64526819
>researching their "best" album instead of deciding for yourself which ones you like best
>>
>>64528025
I've already decided for myself, but some anons need to do research to get it right.
>>
>>64527841
>>64527781
>>64527821
https://m.reddit.com/r/AnimalCollective/comments/3tw7ck/i_threw_an_animal_collective_dance_party_for_my/

The autism in question
>>
>>64528257
>mobileposting
>>
File: 1420946326363.jpg (53 KB, 445x400) Image search: [Google]
1420946326363.jpg
53 KB, 445x400
>>64528257
>the great branching out of 2009
>>
File: aw panda.jpg (91 KB, 500x409) Image search: [Google]
aw panda.jpg
91 KB, 500x409
>>64528257
>So I flip on the lights and remind people it is, in fact, an Animal Collective dance party, so dance, or please leave.
>>
>>64528257
>dude these songs have no beat
Everything else is autism but if that guy exists he's a faggot and just wrong
>>
>>64527219
This. Altough SJ is a pretty good pop album, just not that good by AC standards. Everything after that is crap except ODDSAC and maybe Water Curses.
>>
>>64527705
HCTI is their best though. That has been confirmed since long ago on here. Pretending to think that Spirits is their best is some new meme. It's good though but not their best.

I don't count Campfire Songs as an album. It's an EP imo. Don't understand why everyone, even AC themselves count it as an album.
>>
>>64528327
that's my favorite rare noah
my sweet baby boy
>>
>>64527783
>Penguin Penguin will always be the worst track on Danse Manatee

But Penguin Penguin is foreshadowing the HCTI sound. I think it's pretty cool.
>>
File: grumpy boy.jpg (31 KB, 207x206) Image search: [Google]
grumpy boy.jpg
31 KB, 207x206
>>64528547
i'm proud to have provided your favorite
this is one of my favorites
>>
>>64528628
hahaha
that's a good noah
>>
>>64528257
gold
>>
>>64528530
It's like 40 minutes long. I usually count anything under 30 minutes as an ep. Either way, it's still their strongest imo
>>
>>64528727
True, the runtime is long. But it's still only 5 tracks. I don't like to call Deakin's Sleep Cycle an album either. A "0maxi EP" is an EP that has more than 5 song but not more than 7. I think Sleep Cycle is a Maxi.
>>
>>64528849

>But it's still only 5 tracks. I don't like to call Deakin's Sleep Cycle an album either. A "0maxi EP" is an EP that has more than 5 song but not more than 7. I think Sleep Cycle is a Maxi.

That is asinine. Sorry.
>>
>>64526819
Danse would be their second best if it were live, but their best is Sung Tongs m8
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.