[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rank them /mu/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 139
Thread images: 15
File: .png (891 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
.png
891 KB, 900x900
Rank them /mu/
>>
ferraro>gay autechre>opn>dean blunt
>>
lopatin is great
arca is ok
the other two are hacks
>>
literally whom's
>>
>>64522240
/thread
>>
james > arca > dean > daniel
>>
>>64522192
oneohtrix > ferraro > arca > blunt
>>
again why is /mu/ spamming dean blunt and james ferraro
both of them are barely music they make shitty music on purpose for art sakes
>>
>>64522377
People fall for memes all the time. Lots of them.
>>
>>64522192
Lopatin > Björk's gay boyfriend > Dean Blunt > Ferraro
>>
i cant rank hacks srry
>>
>>64522192
opn>>ferraro>arca=blunt
>>
>>64522524
The correct answer
>>
They are ALL good
james=opn=dean=arca
>>
>>64522240
/thread
>>
What does dean blunts music sounds like? Always see he face posted around but haven't delved into his stuff yet
>>
>>64522524
nailed it
>>
>>64523977
dean literally has a learning disability. so picture a retard singing karaoke.
>>
>>64523977
Dean makes beats in 3 seconds and mumbles some gibberish over them
>>
>>64523977
he's anti-music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKO4tym4yPg
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2Ph4iGG60k if you dont think this is best song ever written then you're a filthy pleb
>>64523983
>>64524014
>>64523977
>>64522377
>>
>>64523983
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sz8oYVAMPdM
that fits james ferraro also

>>64524038
that's literally a sample from a meek mill song
>>
>>64522524
true.
>>
>>64522192
OPN > Blunt = Ferraro > Arca
>>64522377
>>64523983
>>64524020
why do you guys exist
>>
>>64524533
i like blunt but he's anti music and idk why /mu/ is spamming him.I don't want anthony's child fanbase to ruin him
>>
>>64524533
Blunt's been spammed in the past before, it's probably some teenagers who found out about him now and are confused about how others like something that they don't like.
They're like the PC master race-fags of /mu/
>>
>>64524588
meant for
>>64524560
>>
>>64524020
Despite how much I loathed The Redeemer, Dean has an incredible tone to his voice. Almost like a mix between that TV on the Radio guy and Gil-Scott Heron.
>>
Ferraro >>>>

But really, why do threads about any of these artists always involve the other ones by default? They kind of belong to the same 'scene', but are different enough from each other to warrant their separate discussion. And why do you always feel the urge to rank them? Music isn't a competition, as far as I know. Good to see Ferraro becoming a minor meme, though. Have a nice day
>>
you're asking me to rank 4 of my favorite artists working right now
but if i had to
dean > arca > opn > ferraro

arca is clearly a better producer than dean but i just find his music a little more artistically interesting, and opn used to be my favorite musician period but i found g.o.d. to be a bit disappointing
>>
>>64524588
>complains about people not respecting his opinion
>proceeds to dismiss anyone who doesn't like dean "the hack" blunt
>>
>>64522240
>james ferraro
>hack
yeah nah he is miles ahead from all the 3 combined
>>
>>64522192
Where's Grimes?
>>
>>64522192
Topkek you fags, Deano is unironically the best of these fags. In fact he's the only one who's actually good.
>>
>>64522240

This
>>
>>64524020
>>64524560

>Dean's anti-music
He legitimately makes good music, that's not nti-music
>>
Arca > OPN = Blunt
Haven't listened to Ferraro properly yet
>>
File: spencerpinhead.jpg (60 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
spencerpinhead.jpg
60 KB, 500x375
spencer clark >>> all of em
>>
>>64522377
Thank you. I remember when the redeemer came out people where touting that piece of shit as aoty
>>
I bet you plebs haven't even heard Ferraro's pre-Night Dolls albums. You're just judging him off of his most recent shit. He has so many different styles.
>>
File: front.jpg (86 KB, 600x593) Image search: [Google]
front.jpg
86 KB, 600x593
>>64526952
pic related is the goat
>>
>>64526635
nah his music isn't "good". It's more related to Art exhibitions than just somebody making tunes for people to enjoy.

everything he does has some hidden agenda easter egg for the listener to explore for you to really "get" it.
The effect of that is stockholm syndrome to his fans thinking his music is what you like about him when really it's the process of it. I mean he still makes it listenable unlike ferraro
complicated shit that james ferraro does also but james lately has been awful
>>
>>64527048
>he still makes it listenable unlike ferraro
dude...
>>
>>64527234
his new stuff is shit
needs to make more shit like>>64527012
not act like kanye with aspergers https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5EzNWy6H8Q
>>
dean blunt is a retarded nigga with a midi controller
james ferrero I haven't really given a fair shake but what I have has been eh
daniel is the goat
arca did beats on yeezus I think? Pretty cool
>>
File: Nightdolls.jpg (55 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Nightdolls.jpg
55 KB, 300x300
Talk shit all you want.

Night Dolls With Hairspray is more fun than absolutely anything the other three have ever released.
>>
>>64527392
he contributed production to a few yeezus songs with like 10 other people

wouldnt really judge him off that
>>
>>64523983
im fucking dying rn
>>
Dean Blunt is definitely the most worthwhile. Don't know why people dismiss his music, there's a lot of small details and variation in it. They're just hidden. Sort of like with Actress.
>>
File: im listening.jpg (69 KB, 536x389) Image search: [Google]
im listening.jpg
69 KB, 536x389
>>64527521
>They're just hidden
>>
>>64527551
Listen to something like the title track of Redeemer. It's built on a single loop but there's always something evolving over it, and even the loop itself is changing subtly over time. Nothing truly repeats. Although he's not afraid of brute repetition.
>>
ferraro > dean > opn > homo on the bottom right
>>
Who the fuck produces Dean Blunt's music? The instrumentals sound to well made to be made by amateurs. Does he just rip instrumentals from somewhere.
>>
the song X on Black Metal >>>>> anything the others have done
>>
Alright. This is my opinion. Value it highly.

Daniel>James>Arca>Blunt

Maybe Blunt is 2deep4me, I dunno. I just enjoy the other three a lot more. Arca though, I liked Xen, I liked his collaborations, but Mutant wasn't for me.
>>
>>64527616
a lot of his stuff is sampled from other songs
sort of like what hype williams always did but sincerely i think dean is doing it better since he fucking transforms those songs into something that feels really his own.
he uses a drum machine on top of most of his stuff after black metal / skin fade
>inb4 dean steals from other people (what is sampling)
>>
>>64527616
i think he's paying for the stems for the tracks he samples
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkZ-Cxa-PtU
this is from a britney spears song but on the song itself u can barely hear the sample
>>
heres why Dean is a hack. go on any of his newest videos and comment "Dean your pores are disgusting and your nose is too big" and check back in a day or two. he deletes negative comments. so fuck him
>>
Lopatin > Dean > Ferraro > Arca
>>
>>64527718
Idk what's worse
dean deleting comments or your autist ass for posting the comments
>>
>>64527718
he can't change the way he is
>>
can someone explain deans stalker series. i don't get it.
>>
>>64527774
it's part of him breaking the 4th wall of his kayfabe to let his fans know he is still not being serious
>>
>>64527650
to continue, Daniel is like the GOAT. I listened to him like 300 times last month, I just can't stop. He made me buy a synthesizer. He's probably my favorite artist right now and has signs of being Aphex Twin-tier.
I just found out about Ferraro recently. I've listened to Far Side Virtual, Skid Row, NYCH3AM, On Air, Night Dolls With Hairspray, Sushi, and Bebetunes. He has a ton of stuff so I'm still going through it. The thing I liked so much from him is that he feels more human. With his art, it feels like you could probably make it, which makes it seem more relateable, which really gets his messages across better. Really he's the only one out of these "new age" artists that doesn't seem tryhard in some way. Skid Row is an entirely underrated album.

Already said all I can say for the other two.
>>
>>64527718
i've been telling you guys Dean is legitimately retarded. don't hurt his feelings just enjoy his efforts.
>>
>>64527868
he actually did call himself retarded on the npr interview and said he's insecure
war report was a diss to people who made fun of him
>>
File: Sam-Weir-reaction.png (221 KB, 390x435) Image search: [Google]
Sam-Weir-reaction.png
221 KB, 390x435
>>64527854
>he made me buy a synthesizer
>>
>>64527854
welp opn fans confirmed 16 year olds
stop posting
>>
>>64522192
ferraro>blunt=lopatin>>>>>>>>>>>>>>arca
>>
>>64527854
what you said about ferraro and his art being "human" and how anyone could probably make it, i would apply that more to dean's music actually, so i suggest you should keep digging. most of his recent stuff is about race and black problems, and it feels a bit pretentious yet its still some of his best stuff instrumentally.
a lot of people dont understand that basically everything he does has humour behind it, like almost everything he does is tongue-in-cheek. he smokes a lot of weed, when i met him it was like he was sedated and just nodded his head to everything i said.
ferraro though, that guy is fucked in the head. will probably never even comprehend the though process that goes through his music creation. i dont think i want to speak to him ever again.
>>
is OPN the aphex twin of our generation?
>>
how do I be like any of them. I just want to be one of them
>>
>>64527854
Holy shit how wrong you're
>Aphex Twin-tier
So entry level electronic music?WOW you have not listened to any other music...
>he feels more human. With his art, it feels like you could probably make it, which makes it seem more relateable
Now this is just bait.Daniel music sounds like it was made in a few hours on a ableton or juno synth(which actually is)and you have the nerve to call ferraros music something you could make?He has thousand more layers than daniel could ever dream.Not going to ever bother explaining to you how diverse and complex yet good his music is compared to lopatin and then how more creativity it actually takes.
>>
>>64528061
is dean gay?
>>
>>64528100
don't think so, he was with joanne when i met him but i dont think hes with her. i think he has a girlfriend called nina? joanne talked like a fairy but was otherwise very quiet.
inga might be gay
>>
>>64528061
>ferraro though, that guy is fucked in the head
>i dont think i want to speak to him ever again.
why?please elaborate what happened.I want to know mooore
>>
>>64527942
>>64527979
>>64528095
low quality posts guys, let's try better next time
>>
>>64528228
>low quality posts guys, let's try better next time
fuck off faggot
>>
>>64528259
you must be british, stay in /bleep/ won't you?
>>
>>64528271
>/bleep/
once again you're wrong FAGGOT.if you cant refute our posts get the fuck out.
>>
>>64528330
really low quality post, honestly this is why i'm browsing /mu/ less and less. people think it's their own personal shitting grounds... its just awful. go on then, you can have the 'last word' or whatever, kid.
>>
>>64528367
>its low quality
>b-but i cant explain why
wew
>>
>>64528191
he either talked very loudly or very quietly. i couldnt understand half of what he said, but he kept talking about this girl he met in nyc and how rich people were eating his shit up. i tried talking to him a bit about his new album at the time and whenever i asked a question he just smiled at me and gave me this weird, seductive gaze before responding. it was weird. when i talked about music he seemed very serious, and i wasnt expecting that. he kept asking me if i liked it and when i wanted to go away he grabbed my arm and asked me if i was with any girls
i was a bit under the influence but that shit felt like a bad trip
>>
>>64528425
are you a girl?
>>
>>64528433
no and im a very average looking guy. ferraro was skinnier than i thought, i remember that
>>
>>64528425
sounds fun ferraro is good people
>>
I would definitly allow Arca and James to fuck me though.
>>
>>64528095

>So entry level electronic music?

No, genre defining. Replica will go down as a classic of its genre.

Not the guy you were responding to but putting Lopatin on the same level as Ferraro or Blunt is almost insulting. Lopatin is a musician first and foremost. Ferraro and Blunt are just artists using music to express their art. Their compositional skills are miles behind Lopatin's. None of them released albums as complete and well composed as OPN. You can really tell they're bedroom producers. Most of their stuff honestly feels lazy and they most likely don't care.

I can guarantee you that OPN's music will last longer and you probably know that too.
>>
>>64528502
>Replica will go down as a classic of its genre.
Confirmed for having never listened anything by Ferraro.
>almost insulting
its insulting that you think opn is even close to ferraro and even less blunt.
>well composed
You what?Even far side which is a meme tier album is better composed than EVERYTHING daniel could ever do.
>OPN's music will last longer and you probably know that too.
What?OPN is famous only because he got lucky and his music is more accessible.In the future Ferraro will be the one who will be remebered since he actually did something different.
>>
opn > &&& era arca >> ferraro >>>>>>> dean > arca
>>
>>64526840
This guy gets it
>>
>>64528502
ferraro is the best composer out of the four. you either didn't listen to much of his stuff or don't know shit about music
>>
Imo
ferraro>arca>dean>opn
ferraro has unlimited potential on what can create just hope he doesn't die soon
same with arca tho &&&&&& era is still his best but he can still end up dropping a classic
even though dean is my personal fav I think he's burnt out and declining
OPN hasn't made anything good period since replica he's tapped out bernie faggot
>>
is there anywhere with lyrics to James Ferraro's songs? I can't understand most of what he says half the time
>>
Someone tell me their ages please.

Arca = 26
OPN = 33
James = ?
Dean = ?
>>
>>64529286
dean is most likely in his early 30s, i would say james too or maybe late 20s for him
>>
>>64529286
from what i've read in interviews he said that he started making music(the wooden cupboard) which was released officially 2004 at the age of 16-17(he said that he was underage when he did his first live shows) so 28-30
>>
>>64529286
>James Dean

holy fuck Dean is legit a genius. I never noticed that b4
>>
>>64526952
This. His lofi shit is goat. Extremely versatile. To call him a hack would be severely underrating him
>>
OPN by far since despite his pretentious musings on his music, the music itself isn't all that pretentious. Also GoD is his best album it is all of OPN in one album fuck the haters.

Arca is alright. His quality isn't consistent enough imo. Quite a few hidden gems in there.

Blunt and Ferraro are everything that's wrong with post-modernism. First of all they aren't even postpostmodernist/metamodern they are using the same old anti-art tricks used by guys like the guy who did the toilet art, Zappa, Residents, etc. Like a lot of post-modern Art, yeah their stuff has a particular message, but as a whole outside of that message they don't know shit about composing good music. 4chan's equivalent of this is the phrase "ironic shitposting is still shitposting"
>>
Dean > OPN = Arca > Ferraro
>>
>>64522192
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_oJAAXSJCc
>>
>>64529764
>they don't know shit about composing good music
>ferraro doesn't know shit about composing
>GoD is his best album
>daniel is better than ferraro
obviously you never heard anything by ferraro since he doesn't let the concept get over his music but whatever youre a lost cause anyway.
>>
>>64527718
no fucking way. i look at his videos and it actually is all positive comments and they have at least 1 thumbs up lmfao
>>
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (20 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
20 KB, 480x360
what about Elysia?
>>
>>64529935
/mu/ is 2 pleb for Elysia :)
>>
>>64527718
>Dean your pores are disgusting and your nose is too big
well that's constructive IMO. dean shouldn't have deleted that
>>
>>64522192
Literally Who>Literally Who>Literally Who>Literally Who
>>
>>64529935
reinada is a beast of a song and i like the e+e stuff more than her stuff as crampton
>>
I wonder if any of you underage morons know OPN's post-Replica works. Early opn and j ferraro > hype williams > dean blunt > arca
>>
>>64530230
opn makes music for neckbeards mothafucker baka dumbass
>>
>they all have convoluted discographies and make it next to impossible to follow them as fans
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVVY8i0he4g

this is just like hiphop but good
>>
>>64530324
>strawmaning this hard

You're the only baka here, anon.
>>
File: meme.jpg (12 KB, 517x239) Image search: [Google]
meme.jpg
12 KB, 517x239
what else should I add?
>>
>>64530474
can someone explain this lol. is this drake related?
>>
>>64530499
shutup American
road is a concept outside of your comprehension
>>
File: 43907876z[1].jpg (86 KB, 475x475) Image search: [Google]
43907876z[1].jpg
86 KB, 475x475
the strings on burning prius are so freaking beautiful
I don't get the hate for this album, one of his best releases 2bh
>>
>>64527431
Stretch 2 is waaaay more fun, are you kidding...?
>>
>>64522192
Ferraro>Lopatin>Blunt>Darin
>>
>>64532420
who the fuck is darin?
>>
>>64522374
this is probably correct
>>
>>64532468
>not knowing who darin is
>>
File: tele5.jpg (70 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
tele5.jpg
70 KB, 960x960
>>64530349
:D what?
>>
>>64532468
kek
>>
>>64522192
lopatin > blunt > arca > ferraro
>>
>>64532468
>he doesn't know
>>
>>64532468
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F69_IVDd1tE
>>
File: arca.jpg (25 KB, 329x512) Image search: [Google]
arca.jpg
25 KB, 329x512
>>64532594
this is /darin/ general now
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IPTklX5st0
>>
>a little taste of camel crush in the night

what did he mean by this?
>>
I think Darin's better than all of them desu.
>>
>>64532708
fuck me that song and dr hollywood immediately get stuck in my head all it takes is reading the fucking title
>>
File: Darin-Exit_album.jpg (142 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
Darin-Exit_album.jpg
142 KB, 1500x1500
he better than opn
>>
is darin a meme now
>>
>>64532768
I don't even know who Darin is tbdesu
>>
>>64524038
stalker/felony is best
>>
>>64524038
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mY16aM4uhg
not even close
>>
>>64524038
>>64532836
are you niggas even trying?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RbW5F8AUdM
>>
>>64524038
nah I think Darin really takes it home with this banger
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hsu7XPbKqMg
Thread replies: 139
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.