[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
who's more shite, U2 or Coldplay?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
File: coldplay-v-u2.jpg (70 KB, 1284x414) Image search: [Google]
coldplay-v-u2.jpg
70 KB, 1284x414
who's more shite, U2 or Coldplay?
>>
>>64425234
Coldplay, without a doubt.
>>
U2 at one point were actually legit, so them
>>
>>64425234
Unarguably Coldplay, anyone who says U2 hasn't listened to War, The Unforgettable Fire or Achtung Baby.
>>
Both aren't great but ANYONE who argues Coldplay is better than U2 is objectively a pleb. U2 still released at least 2 decent albums, Coldplay's best album is simply not quite as shit as their other ones. I prefer Coldplay as people though, they seem pretty cool, fuck Bono and the edge
>>
oasis
>>
>>64425315
How is The Edge an asshole? I thought Bono was the only member of U2 who was insufferably preachy.
>>
>>64425250
This
>>
>>64425315
>>64425271
parachutes + a rush of blood + viva la vida >>>>>> anything bono ever shit out
>>
>>64425271
(I haven't but) in your opinion how would they compare to parachutes, rush of blood to the head, and x&y or viva la vida (everything after is pure shit)?
>>
>>64425343

>knows that he calls himself 'The Edge'
>has to ask why he's an asshole
>>
>>64425360
Embarrassing
>>
U2 used to be great as hell.
So the fact that they let them fuck their selves makes them worse
>>
File: U2 The Unforgettable Fire.jpg (411 KB, 1400x1400) Image search: [Google]
U2 The Unforgettable Fire.jpg
411 KB, 1400x1400
>>64425360
I would bet everything I own you've never heard this album.
>>
>>64425360
Everything Chris Martin has ever made is pure shite. U2 used to be good, if they had broken up right after the release of Achtung Baby they would be /mu/core.
>>
>>64425444
ok album as a whole with no outstanding songs

Achtung Baby 100% shit

both bands are shit but U2 sucks more cock than Coldplay
>>
>>64425561
oh yeah if an album like War were to be released by a band that never became ridiculously famous and it was rediscovered some years later that shit would be unquestionably a classic. I mean it's obviously still a classic but U2 would have waaaay more street cred than they currently do.
>>
>>64425234
In twenty years they will be seen as equals. But the general consensus today is that U2 are better.
>>
>>64425625
Have you listened to War?
>>
>>64425234
>implying either were bad
Both release shit now but their early material is great
>>
>>64426059
im sorry mate but coldplay is the least engaging band i've ever listened to in my life
>>
>>64426103
Eh, Viva La Vida is pretty engaging, but yeah, the rest isn't.
>>
>>64425377
Much, much better. Achtung Baby is a staggering achievement and one of the most daring albums ever made by a chart success of U2's caliber.
>>
The Verve.
>>
>>64426416
i'll be sure to check it out. thanks fm
>>
>>64425234
U2 would've been more respected if they ended it in their prime. Coldplay just always kinda sucked.
>>
>>64426416
Achtung baby is a mediocre post punk album mixed with stadium rock
to call it anything close to a "staggering achievement" only shows how flimsy of an understanding you have on rock music
>>
>>64425951
Sunday bloody sunday is good but that's about it
>>
>>64425271
Fuck off, dd.
>>
Coldplay are way better than U2 desu
>>
Both make me cringe, but Coldgay is infinitely worse.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.