[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Foobar vs MusicBee
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
Which is better mu
>>
>>64421907
Foobar

MPD master race tho
>>
>>64421907
MB
Just learn how to mod it to your liking and enjoy a lightweight intuitive player
>>
>>64421907
MusicBee
>>
itunes

just fucking kidding this shit is crap but im stuck with it because i listen to music through my phone
>>
>>64421907
I like it how MusicBee is just so barebones and easy to use. Also the integrated scrobbler is nice, not sure if that comes with foobar though
>>
Musicbee
>>
>>64421907
Just pick one. Not that big of a difference
>>
>>64422534
MB is barebone only on surface. But look at the Preferences page or at its menus.
>>
whats wrong with iTunes?
>>
>>64422668
I just meant that it doesn't look cluttered or harsh at all, used the wrong wording.
>>
>>64422496
you fool of a took.

Copytrans as a baseline is useful.
>>
>>64422999
That's right. I like the clean and pretty design. No bloat, just the necessary functions.
>>
MusicBee for sure. Highly customizable, comes with everything you need out of the box, not like FB2K where you gotta track down plugins for the most mundane things that every music player needs

I wish it had some sort of Android app that allowed wireless mobile syncing to my phone though
>>
>>64422854
Resource heavy, constant stupid updates, no flac, closed source so you can do anything good with it unlike the popular potential source players

I do respect iTunes for having good play lists and robust file keeping. Foo are sometimes evaporates my entire collection of play lists for no reason.
>>
Musicbee master race
>>
I really wanted to use Foobar because I like Bandwagoning but I mindlessly scroll through the album grid on Musicbee so much I can't ever leave it.

Fucking non square resolution album covers messing up my scrolling
>>
>>64421907
I just use Foobar since it's been installed on my computer for a long while. What does MB have over it?
>>
>>64421907
slightly unrelated, but is there a way I can mod foobar so that I can skip songs when I hover over it in the taskbar, like you can with spotify?
>>
>download music bee
>still have to use fucking itunes to sync my phone

what's the point
>>
>>64422854
Very resource hungry, can't run FLACs, proprietary file format for anything bought through it. Some of things don't bother anyone, but they bother me enough I refuse to use it even though I have at least an eighth of my old library in MPEG-4s.

It's also been a while. but I remember it could never play songs seamlessly either, like there would be at least half a second of delay between tracks. That shit got really annoying on songs that feed into each other.
>>
File: 1461434132735.png (284 KB, 311x343) Image search: [Google]
1461434132735.png
284 KB, 311x343
>>64423456
>Current year
>Still having an iPhone
>>
>>64422337
>Just learn how to mod it to your liking and enjoy a lightweight intuitive player
Same goes for foobar
>>
>>64423540
had it since 2013, too poor to buy a new one

bet your ass i'm buying a shitty android next time though
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.