[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Holy shit.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: hamilton.jpg (148 KB, 257x400) Image search: [Google]
hamilton.jpg
148 KB, 257x400
Fucking 10/10.
>>
fuck off
>>
>>64417687

??? I just want to discuss this musical.
>>
>>64417710
but, anon... musicals are gay
>>
>>64417687
>>64417842
kek, be nice anon

>>64417710
sorry but no one here likes hamilton. it's not seriously good music, its fucking broadway. its like watching a disney princess movie for adults.
>>
FUCK, I'm sorry, it's shit, I couldn't get past the first several tracks, I know you said it gets better and that the wordplay is cool but I don't think i can get through the shitty music to enjoy it. FUCK, I'm sorry. I'll try not to bring it up again.
>>
>>64418109

>its like watching a disney princess movie for adults.

are you fucking serious? what is wrong with you? for one what does "seriously good music" even mean and for two what's wrong with disney princess movies? plenty of adults watch those, and it's not even just the cringey fedora anime-type people, disney stuff is very well known...

>>64418293

the wordplay is fucking amazing and I don't understand how you couldn't like the music either.

like /mu/ loves hip-hop you think people would be all over this. it's even got the rapper from clipping.
>>
>>64416836
bait
>>
Don't worry, anon. I love this show. These guys just have the mentality that all musicals are just Disney's Cinderella or some shit. There are plenty of shows where the music is artistically and beautifully thought out and put together, like Jesus Christ Superstar, which Hamilton was structured after, in the sense that they were both written as albums before being staged.
>>
Yeah I hate musicals but if you don't like this you need to find your inner child and give him or her a big hug because it's in danger of being lost forever
>>
>>64418733
I've never heard a musical with good music that wasn't written by Sondheim
>>
>>64418700
The hip-hop isn't good, the instrumentals are just R&B pop music, I don't like that stuff. Also from what I've listened to the rappers' voices are annoying and make me sad that you like it, but not really, we just have different tastes. Probably if I listened to it with you, and you explained it to me face-to-face (why you think it is good) I would enjoy it.
>>
>>64418864

>the instrumentals are just R&B pop music

lol just admit you didn't even listen to it.
>>
>>64418850
Bernstein tho
>>
>>64418876
I listened to the first 6 tracks. on the youtube.
>snapping
>female background vocals
>whiney rappers
>attempts at transitions between rappers that make me cringe
>>
>>64418918

>only listened to the first six tracks
>in youtube quality
>on an album/musical that has MORE THAN 40 FUCKING TRACKS

jesus christ just kys

that's like turning a regular album off after two minutes
>>
>>64418850
Sondheim is amazing. I'm listening to Assassins right now. Listen to Jesus Christ Superstar. It's by Andrew Lloyd Webber, who has written a lot of bad shit, but this was in the 70s when he was 20. It was a rock album before a staged production.
>>
>>64418941
You realize it was about 20 minutes of listening right? I couldn't continue if the rest was going to similar. Also
>youtube quality
Care to share the 24 bit upload then?

Honestly, I would appreciate it if you provided a track that makes listening to stuff that is similar to the first 20 minutes worth it in getting to that track. but I'm assuming because it's story based you wouldn't think that is a good idea. I'll probably listen to the whole thing someday but I still think that what i have listened to isn't good.
>>
File: file.png (164 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
file.png
164 KB, 300x300
is this the broadway showtunes general?
>>
>>64419077

https://mega.nz/#!DBoG2KSB!5yp3rmcfQXPWPw0XyZU2cJQ7wmiW3591kf3wXjdiD9U

^^^HQ link

and yes it is completely story based, it's actually unusually historically accurate for the kind of play it is.

I guess if you really don't like it you don't like it but I don't get why people are bashing it just because it's a musical.
>>
File: bur2.jpg (82 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
bur2.jpg
82 KB, 1280x720
>>64419307
>260 kbps avg
>HQ
thanks, i guess. I hope you know that's only slightly better than youtube's bitrates.
>>
I saw it live and it was one of the worst musicals I ever saw. It was like pirate metal of musicals. This trend of "hip" historical musicals with a twist need to end. (Looking at you Something Rotten too.)
>>
>>64419167
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
more like 10 black cocks in your fucking anus you fucking cuck
>>
>>64420072
It's AAC you idiot
>>
File: 1457695647322.png (258 KB, 549x560) Image search: [Google]
1457695647322.png
258 KB, 549x560
>>64420544
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.