[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pleb friend
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
My pleb friend only listens to country

I tried playing him songs from MBDTF, ITAOTS, ICOTCK, Illinoise, and Madvillainy and he only liked MBDTF and ITAOTS.

How do I get him to like good shit
>>
just stop being a humongous, pretentious asshole forcing your shitty /mu/core taste onto him,
stop with this mentality that simply because you listened to all these artists that you found on a chart you're into 'better' music than he is,
stop believing that you're enlightened on 'good music' and you're doing others a favour by enlightening them, when really all that's happening is that you're passively parading your sub-par music taste
stop
>>
>pleb friend
>shows him pleb shit
ok
>>
File: Cover.png (122 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Cover.png
122 KB, 500x500
Show him this.

Alternatively, show him the Fishmans/Aldean meme and keep forcing it on him until he listens to Long Season.
>>
No everyone can appreciate /mu/core anon.
May as well just let it slide rather than losing a friend over something as small as taste in music.
>>
show him country influenced music like ryan adams, my morning jacket, and neil young
>>
>>64413998
Thus. Underrated post.
>>
>>64413998
This. Jesus christ shit like this is embarrassing
>>
show him Bonnie "Prince" Billy
>>
Play Death Grips. Everyone loves Death Grips
>>
>>64413979
>knows two decent albums
>i'm patrician amirite guyse
crack your skull on a crackwhore's cunt
>>
>>64413998
>>64413999
>>64414038
>>64414066
>>64414130
>implying you guys don't love Neutral Milk Hotel, Kanye, Sufjan, King Crimson, and Madvillain

get the fuck out of here with this high horse bullshit.
>>
>>64413998
first post best post
>>
Everyone in this thread took the bait.
>>
>playing your country-listening friend Madvillainy assuming he'll like it
>>
>>64413998
>sub-par music taste
I agreed with your post until this. /mu/core may be entry level and obnoxious, but it's definitely better than what your average joe listens to. Hell, most people don't even care to listen to music beyond songs that the radio plays.
>>
>>64414251
i understand liking MBDTF but
>love Neutral Milk Hotel, Sufjan, Madvillain
why don't you ever learn, /mu/?
>>
>>64414359
While I agree, the point isnt the taste itself. Its that the only reason OP listens to these bands is a chart on /mu/ and not his personal choice of artists.

OP sounds like a pleb listening to non-pleb music.
>>
>>64414359
>definitely better than what your average joe listens to
i came to know this is true from the number of Queen Tay Tay threads we had
>>
>>64413979
Everyone has opinions, why the fuck are you spoonfeeding him?
>>
>>64413979
>pleb
>listens to country
pleb detected
>>
>>64414082
Alt-country is for plebs who can only listen to indie rock
Death to false country
>>
>>64413998
This, I get tired of people jerking each other off because they listened to the /mu/ essentials.
>>
>>64414450
Oh I totally agree. Especially when he waves it around like he's superior when he's probably been on this board 1-2 months at most. That is, assuming OP's post wasn't bait.
>>
Maybe show him someone with country elements like Neil Young which could potentially open the door to more genres/artists.
>>
>>64414803

For the love of god this

The only good post in this thread the rest are just attacks
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.