[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
post some sad musicians or their stories jackson c. frank >burned
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (85 KB, 500x727) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
85 KB, 500x727
post some sad musicians or their stories

jackson c. frank
>burned alive in a highschool blaze with half his body covered in burn scars
>his girlfriend died in the fire
>met simon and garfunkel in the early 60s
>produced an album of his songs with paul simon, got his tracks covered by plenty of up and comers, including nick drake (another sad one)
>cripplingly shy and couldn't play in front of people without screens
>eventually got round to playing and easing up
>then lost his mind soon after
>came back to playing after a break, totally overcome with shyness and rage, played unintelligibly and maxed out his volumes
>left back home and diagnosed paranoid schizophrenic and in the 80s wandered the streets homeless lookin for paul simon
>thyroid issue gave him obesity
>was discovered in the 1990s by a fan out of sheer luck
>he was wandering still homeless lookin for a place to stay
>had his left eye shot blind by some kids with bb guns
>died of pneumonia in 1999 still an unknown
>he's still mostly an unknown

“He had nothing. It was really sad. We went and had lunch and went back to his room. It almost made me cry, because here was a fifty-year-old man, and all he had to his name was a beat-up old suitcase and a broken pair of glasses. I guess his caseworker had given him a $10 guitar, but it wouldn’t stay in tune. It was one of those hot summer days. He tried to play Blues Run The Game for me, but his voice was pretty much shot."
>>
inb4 weighing souls with sand
>>
>>64409691
This is the shit that makes me give up chasing music altogether.
>>
wesley willis?
>>
>>64409691
JUST
>>
Read some stuff about him.

When he started to lose his mind, it became evident in his music.

Al Stewart commented:
>"He [Frank] proceeded to fall apart before our very eyes. His style that everyone loved was melancholy, very tuneful things. He started doing things that were completely impenetrable. They were basically about psychological angst, played at full volume with lots of thrashing. I don't remember a single word of them, it just did not work. There was one review that said he belonged on a psychologist's couch. Then shortly after that, he hightailed it back to Woodstock again, because he wasn't getting any work."

Is this guy proto-metal?
>>
File: 1.jpg (44 KB, 598x392) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
44 KB, 598x392
>his only friends left him alone with a gun when they knew he was suicidal
>>
>>64409691
i"ve actually heard of him before so thats cool
>>
>>64410126
find those demos

or maybe its one of the released ones
>>
Nick Drake as you mentioned
Daniel Johnston
Elliott Smith

Not the most obscure trio but they're what comes to mind right now.

I don't know their names but the duo Crywank is pretty fucking sad too.
>>
>>64410197
>friends not stopping you from achieving your dreams

I see no problem with this.
>>
>>64409691
What's Nick Drake's story?
>>
File: break_bright.jpg (28 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
break_bright.jpg
28 KB, 350x350
>>64410197
>Find your body
>Take a picture and put it on an album as the cover
Compare that to a band like Break Even who made a touching tribute album to cope with the suicide of one of their members.
>>
>>64410431
Literally exactly the same as every shy boy ever, except with talent.
>>
Beyonce Knowles
>will never be white
>>
>>64410446
Then he died. So it goes.
>>
>>64410450
Macklemore
>will never be black
>>
>>64410438
>>Take a picture and put it on an album as the cover
It's what he would have wanted.
>>
>>64410431
died a virgin
>>
>>64410431
just fell into a deep depression
it became worse after a series of failed gigs, after crowds didnt pay attention to him and wouldnt stop talking. he up and left right in the middle of a song and never played live again.

moved back home after that, and od'd alone in his room one day.
>>
>>64409987
This is what drives me to continue to create: for the hope that even if I don't make it in life I can make it in death.
>>
A lot of artists have some severe trauma they went through.

Johnny Cash grew up during the Great Depression. His older brother died at age 15 from getting pulled into a headsaw. He suffered for a week before passing on. Their dad blamed Johnny for his death.
>>
File: LayneStaleyCondo2.jpg (6 KB, 290x186) Image search: [Google]
LayneStaleyCondo2.jpg
6 KB, 290x186
>>64409691
Layne staley

had a voice of an angel but the combination of depression, his fiance dying and a crippling heroin addiction led to his reclusive 6 year stretch of never leaving his condo and doing speedball until he weighed 89 pounds and od'd.

they didnt find his body until two weeks after he passed. straight decomposed into his couch

pic related. the spot where he died
>>
>>64410637
Nigga, you don't need nor deserve and admiration for your music from anybody but yourself
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.