[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
On the hill we viewed the silence of the valley, called to witness
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
On the hill we viewed the silence of the valley, called to witness cycles only of the past, and we reached all this with movements in between the said remark, close to the edge, down by the river, down at the end, round by a corner. Seasons will pass you by! Now that it's all over and done, called to the sea, right to the sun, now that you find, NOW THAT YOU'RE HOME, seasons will pass you by!

I get up
I get down
>>
AHHH
>>
A man conceived a moment's answer to the dream
Staying the flowers daily, sensing all the themes
As a foundation left to create the spiral aim
A movement regained and regarded both the same
All complete in the sight of seeds of life with you

Changed only for a sight of sound, the space agreed
Between the picture of time behind the face of need
Coming quickly to terms of all expression laid
Emotions revealed as the ocean maid
All complete in the sight of seeds of life with you
>>
File: the yes album.jpg (227 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
the yes album.jpg
227 KB, 1500x1500
Pic related is objectively better
>>
>>64402623
Ehh it's almost as good but to me every single moment of Close to the Edge is great, while Yes Album has a few dips in quality. Although it's a close call. Good taste anon.
>>
>It's a "Patrick Moraz was the best keyboardist Yes ever had and Gates of Delirium is their best song ever" post
>>
>CLOSE TO THE EDGE
>DOWN BY A RIVEEEEERRR
>WE'LL FIND A WAY!! WE'LL FIND A WAY
>>
>>64402623
I think that you wouldn't have said that if it weren't so obvious that Close to the Edge is their highest achievement. Even Bill Bruford left Yes right after they finished recording Close to the Edge because he felt that Yes had reached the height of their capability. The Yes Album, Fragile, and Close to the Edge were all a steady progression. The most logical thing for them to do after Close to the Edge would have been to go back to basics, but instead they did the opposite. But no matter how many sides of vinyl the filled with single tracks, they could never retain what they achieved with Close to the Edge.
>>
>>64402659
Since you replied so politely to my baity post, how do you feel about Fragile? Whenever these 3 albums come to discussion, everyone put the Fragile over The Yes Album, but in my opinion Fragile feels more like a collection of great music than an album itself, while The Yes Album feels way more cohesive.
>>
>>64402495
>OKAY!
>>
>>64402762
Different person, but half of Fragile seems like filler. Good filler but still...
>>
>>64402495
hey I bought a used copy of that album yesterdayfor $15
good shit
>>
File: image.jpg (98 KB, 899x900) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
98 KB, 899x900
>>64402781
>A MAN CAN SEE A MOMENT'S ANSWERS TO THE DREEEEEEAAAAAMMMMMMMuh!
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.