[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hahahahahaha ok http://consequenceofsound.net/2016/ 04/beyo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4
File: a1.png (56 KB, 588x249) Image search: [Google]
a1.png
56 KB, 588x249
Hahahahahaha ok

http://consequenceofsound.net/2016/04/beyonces-lemonade-a-lesson-on-appreciating-art-that-wasnt-made-for-you/
>>
>>64397628
No offense but why are white people so pathetic
>>
The fact that /mu/, a board filled with angsty white males that spend all day jerking each other off, is so angry about Beyonce's album shows that Beyonce is doing something right.
>>
>>64397719
nah we're angry about music writers such as Nina Corcoran and Karen Gwee
>>
>>64397719
I don't care that Lemonade is "an album for black women" I care about dumb whiny white liberal cucks writing fucking articles telling me why an album for black woman is important and why they're better than you for talking about it
>>64397738
>>
>>64397687
Middle upper class white Americans are probably among the most neurotic people to ever live
>>
>>64397738
>>64397819
you can understand why they feel the need to write these articles though

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3557867/PIERS-MORGAN-Jay-Z-s-not-one-needs-nervous-Beyonce-born-black-woman-political-mission.html
>>
>>64397628
If any any any band, artist, whatever made an album for white males only, it would be Death Grips
>>
Lemonade is an example of affirmative action in music
>>
I enjoyed Lemonade, and the short (?) film that went along with it.
I did not enjoy the liberal media and music review websites crowning it as a revolutionary piece. I did not enjoy both blacks and non-blacks alike telling me that I am not allowed to criticize it in any way shape or form, despite about 50% of the songs on the album being written and produced by white men. That number jumps to basically 100% when you throw black men and non-black women into the mix.
If America wants to resegregate, fine.
>>
>Because, dear reader, in a genuinely shocking plot twist, Lemonade deserves to take home all of the accolades due to how insultingly bad it is. Its toxic synthetic nature of bland songwriting and sonically lethargic production easily describes its own obvious spiritlessness without a challenging request made upon the listener. Lemonade is also lacking any imposing flare of avant-garde pop quality or interesting ideas turned into a mainstream success, instead producing a vapid display of rich pseudo-mystique in the form of a hollow, nonplussed, and disastrous 45-minute pop album. As it stands, Beyoncé’s latest is a disjointed, dilettante, and simply uninventive album that forces pop idiocy and hip hop/R&B blandness down our throats. Lemonade hardly ever tries to be a unique chapter in a pop star’s career, yet it almost always finds a way to place itself upon a pedestal and create a fabricated mix of soul, emotion, and/or atmosphere, as if it had any artistic merit.
>>
>>64397902
beyonces whole career is

>literally only gets published because married to nigger-of-the-year
>>
>>64398005
They married in 2008 dude
>>
>>64397863
It's all pointless. I don't care what piers Morgan has to say about anything, he's a proffesional hack. In a way 4chan prefigured the current state of the media, it's all bait and shitposting. There's also something disturbingly condescending about the way white hipsters obsess about Beyonce's supposed goddess status with non-white people.
>>
>>64398005
are you retarded? they married years ago and even then she's been popular since Destiny's Child.
>>
>>64398061
>There's also something disturbingly condescending about the way white hipsters obsess about Beyonce's supposed goddess status with non-white people.

^
this
>>
WE
>>
>>64398164
shut up
>>
>>64398180
WUZ
>>
SHALL
>>
>>64397628
http://consequenceofsound.net/author/karen-gwee/

An international student from Singapore must know more about American culture dynamics than us, totally.

Why does CoS think this is ok?
>>
>>64397628
the ironic thing is that they are tripping over themselves to seem progressive but they are talking multitudes more about themselves than the album
>>
File: 3.png (262 KB, 507x537) Image search: [Google]
3.png
262 KB, 507x537
How the fuck did Guided by Voices get dragged into this?
>>
>>64398873
all those beyonce thinkpieces tell us nothing about Beyonce, her album or black people, but everything about a certain demographic of self-absorbed upper middle class americans
>>
How long until a black singer releases another 'black-only' album and it doesn't even chart because white people didn't buy it
>>
Mainstream music publications have never been worse.

At least pop music back in the day was never hailed as anything more than what it was, now if the musician is black, they're forcing a narrative of it being essential
>>
>>64397628
>this wasnt for you
Fuck you, im a cis white male and im going to be blasting this album in my car all summer even though i really dislike it.
>>
>>64399345
I'm buying multiple copies of LEMONADE, that'll show them.
>>
>>64399390
>2016
>buying music
Nigger I never said I would actually support the album
>>
>>64397989
Is this from the Piers Morgan article? I completely agree with this. It sounds like cardboard.
>>
>>64397719
Because in your pea-sized brain pissing off a minority of people makes an album from a million dollar popstar 'something right'.
>>
Welcome to postmodernism, faggots. Art in general is now just a circle-jerk of who can find merit in absolute shit.
>>
>half the contributors to the album were white guys
>somehow the album is the holy grail of black music
>>
File: 1453621757019.png (92 KB, 205x203) Image search: [Google]
1453621757019.png
92 KB, 205x203
>TFW getting race shamed and gender shamed because i was born white male without any choice

if i wasnt gay, id be getting shamed for being straight as well
>>
>>64397967
>being this dramatic over a pop album

holy fucking shit some of the stuff i've read here since the album dropped is insane
>>
>>64397628
I wonder how recors execs feel about the "art" that wasn't made for you meme?

If they really pushed that idea, then they would be out of a shit load of money. I guarantee they don't believe their product was just made for just black women. LOL
>>
>>64399446
no it's from Marcel's review lol
>>
>>64398931
honestly I like the album but this is so true. bunch of people examining their own asshole and talking about black people while like 99% of these hack think pieces have been written and published by non-black people.

>beyonce has made space for black women! now let me, not a black woman, tell you all about it!
>>
>>64399989
media content is meaningless. it's only purpose is to sell you shit, If it ends up 'meaning' anything it's entirely by accident
>>
>>64397829
>Middle upper class white American progressives are probably among the most neurotic people to ever live

Fixed that for you.
>>
File: gay faggot.jpg (42 KB, 640x426) Image search: [Google]
gay faggot.jpg
42 KB, 640x426
So when do we start telling black indie rock fans and metalheads that "this music wasn't made for you"
>>
>>64400058
your whole society is mentally ill 2bh
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.