[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What upcoming album set to come out in 2016 are you most hyp
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6
File: lacunacoildeliriumcd.jpg (77 KB, 638x638) Image search: [Google]
lacunacoildeliriumcd.jpg
77 KB, 638x638
What upcoming album set to come out in 2016 are you most hyped for, anon?

>pic related, sort of pleb but I've always loved LC
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1o1MoG-cz9Q
>>
offhand nothing unfortunately. I'm equally hyped for everything but I did just right now find out about this.

Melvins - Basses Loaded
JUNE 3, 2016 / RELEASE DATE
>>
>>64385653
Nice, what kind of music do they make? I don't think I've ever heard of them.

Also, got a link to a sample?
>>
>>64385688
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_HMmhLIMxk
>>
>>64385707
Well... from the cover art in the video and the goofy name, I was expecting some indie pop outfit that rips off Chvrches, but god damn, wasn't expecting raw noise. Neat!

Do you by any chance like Katatonia?
>>
>>64385798
never heard of em but I'll check this one out.

Katatonia - The Fall Of Hearts
MAY 20, 2016 / RELEASE DATE

I guess being Swedish has kept them off my radar for so long.
>>
>>64385559
LP9
>>
File: tgmvsbp.jpg (322 KB, 1934x957) Image search: [Google]
tgmvsbp.jpg
322 KB, 1934x957
>>
File: NightIsTheNewDay.jpg (14 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
NightIsTheNewDay.jpg
14 KB, 300x300
>>64385846
Their newer stuff (which I'm a fan of) has clean vocals, and gets called "depressive metal," while their older work has harsh metal vocals (not my thing, but plenty of black metal fans like it). If you're into that, try Dance of December Souls. If clean vocals are okay with you, give Night is the New Day a shot, it's my favorite Katatonia album.

And yeah, I found out about their new record coming out just last week! Shows how closely I follow music news during finals, I guess.
>>
>>64385559
>>64385653
>>64385688
>>64385707
>>64385798
>>64385846
>>64385978
theres something eerie about this
>>
>>64386323
?
>>
>>64386323
Probably because it's two anons talking to each other, and the both of us are awkward (and the other guy seems to speak english as a second language). So it could be a couple different things.

Also, I'm horribly sleep deprived and an anxious wreck because of finals tomorrow and thursday, so idk anymore
>>
>>64386336
not enough memes
>>
File: OhBoyHereWeGoAgain.png (463 KB, 479x583) Image search: [Google]
OhBoyHereWeGoAgain.png
463 KB, 479x583
>>64386387
or that, I guess
>>
>>64385863
these two albums are keeping me hype as well
>>
>>64386336
the friendliness, mostly correct grammar, repeated use of the "artist - album over the release date" (especially here: >>64385846 has just been told about katatonia and for some reason writes that), the fact that lacuna coil or katatonia are never really talked about here, the impact font in >>64386438 suggesting an outsider level of knowledge of memes... its as though both of these artists are being shilled, but they aren't on the same label, so i'm not sure.
>>
VIEEEWS
>>
>>64386532
I just 90% listen to music from the current year so I take it relatively seriously regarding the inclusion of release dates etc.
>>
>>64386561
*suspicion intensifies*
>>
>>64386652
I just thin kits the most rewarding for my time spent. Take sxsw for example. I follow new music fairly intensely and I still felt I was only familiar with enough people to just see an average amount. If I didnt follow new music so intensely then I would've seen literally no one. Just one example off the top of my head. I just let older music happen naturally but new music I go down the list and literally listen to everything.
>>
>>64386731
I just explore hard every couple months, checking out every rec I come across. That way I get a good mix of new and old.
>>
>>64385559
Gorillaz for sure.
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=viD6JMRGbbM
>>
>>64386532
I made that particular meme back in 2012, when the "Anal Del Rey"/"Tumblr flower crown" faction arguments were shitting up every thread, and though I don't think a chance to use it has come up since those threads finally died down, somebody wanted more memes because they're a fuckboy. Ergo, music related meme.

Sure I'd shill for Lacuna coil if they'd pay me for it, or even Katatonia, but nobody's direct deposited any cash into my account SO far, so the glowing worship ain't happenin'. But it's mostly that I'm bored, don't feel like fapping or going to bed yet, and wish more people would talk about a couple of my favorite bands more. Though that last part probably fits more on a feels thread...
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.