[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
After ProTools, what's the most popular DAW for recording
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: cubase.jpg (78 KB, 630x352) Image search: [Google]
cubase.jpg
78 KB, 630x352
After ProTools, what's the most popular DAW for recording punk/rock?

What's the most most popular for EDM?

>I've been recording stuff on GarageBand for a while, but it's really limited and I can't afford ProTools.
>>
Have you tried Audacity?
>>
just pirate something
>>
>>64376928

For rock/punk/metal I'm seeing a lot of people use Cubase which sucks cause it's Windows only.

For EDM/Trap I see a lot of people using Fruity Loops and Logic, Ableton as well
>>
>>64376928
fucking pirate ableton already dude
>>
>>64377182
this isnt true

steinbergs youtube videos are usually done on macs
>>
>>64376928
a lot of people jump ship to logic
>>
Had a friend record songs with Reaper
>>
>>64377197
hi andy
>>
>>64377104
>>
>>64376928

I'd try out Reaper. It's got a very cheap licence, and the demo version never expires and is fully featured.
>>
>>64378626
thanks i'll look at some yt reviews of it rt now
>>
How to pirate from piratebay without viruses?
>>
>>64378807
buy a mac
>>
File: 1445581245222.jpg (20 KB, 250x333) Image search: [Google]
1445581245222.jpg
20 KB, 250x333
> most popular
Deciding what you're going to use for a creative medium shouldn't involve what's most popular, anon. You should be looking for what best suits your workflow and allows you to get the best results out of the style of music you record and the way you uniquely interact with the software as a person. That's not a question anyone can simply answer for you, by the way. Do some research and try out demos.
>>
>>64378959
popular to move between studios or people if i need to.
>>
>>64379005
Are you seeking to freelance for fully stocked and staffed studios or are you just doing home recordings
>>
>>64379152
recording my own music and other friends demos. if i record something for someone and they want to take it to another studio, i'd like for it to be pretty smooth for them
>>
>>64379204
I mean if you're going to be doing something where you're always relying on others to be a part of the post-recording process (i.e. mixing and processing, stuff that comes before mastering) then I suppose having something that exports an easy/common/cross-platform type of session file is a good thing. I still say that the most important thing is how comfortable you feel using it. For a fully dedicated home based mixing engineer, there are at least 100+ different DAW's that can achieve the same optimal quality end result. What that is for you is entirely dependent on what music you make and how fast you can get from a raw set of stems to a mixed and processed pre-mastering 2-channel mixdown. If the situation is that other ppl are just doing the mastering for you, they don't need a session file. All they need is a mixdown.
>>
There is a protools subscription available last time I checked. At like $25/mo I think
>>
>>64379513
>If the situation is that other ppl are just doing the mastering for you, they don't need a session file. All they need is a mixdown.

most of the time i think they want to mix it on their own, though
>>
>>64376928
Use Reaper and shut the fuck up.

It is a great DAW and it costs only 60 euros

fucking fanboys man, you would pay a kidney for a piece of shit
>>
>>64378626
>the demo version never expires

You have to buy it if you use it more tan 60 days (1440 hours)
>>
I really like Logic. It's sucks that it's only on mac though.
>>
Just choose any of the big ones, every one of them does exactly the same. I recommend ableton because is the one I use.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.