[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some good artists to pretend to like so that I can look
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: mizutani.jpg (12 KB, 207x300) Image search: [Google]
mizutani.jpg
12 KB, 207x300
What are some good artists to pretend to like so that I can look cool among other morons who pretend to like "obscure" artists that everyone knows?

Currently pretending to like Les Rallizes Denudes and Coil, but I'm avoiding giving them 5s on my RYM so that people don't call me a poseur. I think some 4.5s to their less popular releases should suffice.
>>
>>64376335
>The Raincoats
>Young Marble Giants
>Swell Maps
>Pere Ubu
>The Fall
>Television Personalities
>The Vaselines
>Heavenly
>The Field Mice
>Public Image Ltd
>This Heat
>>
/mu/ you all are so silly

I used to browse this all the time back in high school but this shit is just pathetic man grow some balls and find your own taste
>>
Gero 30 = Fishmemes > Haino = Mizutani > Yamanouchi > Boris > After Dinner > The Rest
>>
Unwound.
Rate all Black Flag, Sonic Youth, Wipers and Fugazi albums with 0.5s for more effect.
>>
>>64376399

Shit man, my Dad likes PiL. How do I break the news to him that he's a poseur?
>>
>>64376522
I'm sorry, anon

Looks like you have to take him out back and shoot him.
>>
>>64376335
>>64376399
None of these artists are 'obscure'
The fact that you even use RYM makes you a fucking poseur
>>
Just say you like well-known pop artists, but namedrop thair lesser-known albums. So 808s & Heartbreak, 015 Carly Rae Jepsen, stuff like that.

You can't win with obscure guys - if they've heard of them before, if they haven't, they'll forget instantly.
>>
>>64376561
That's the point you fucking retard
>>
>there are people on this board who listen to obscure music without the intention of just finding 2 or 3 artists you can listen to 24/7
>>
>>64376512
i will travel anywhere in the world to fight anyone who rates all Wipers albums 0.5
>>
f am the poseurcore meme ended long ago, did you not get the news?
the hot fresh meme around here now is pretending to be an SJW
>>
>>64376610
It's obvious that you use it though
You're making fun of yourself
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.