[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The most boring artists ever
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5
I'll start, it's hard to top her songs.
>>
File: Eno-fruit-salt.jpg (37 KB, 256x400) Image search: [Google]
Eno-fruit-salt.jpg
37 KB, 256x400
>>
Whitney Houston's songs are more unbearable.
>>
>>64376259
To be honest, Bodyguard stuff was alright. But her other stuff I heard was boring
>>
Taylor Swift
>>
>>64376410
Production does save her somewhat. If I was to choose between her and Carey, I'd gladly choose Swift any day. But I agree that next to Katy Perry, Ariana Grande, and other mass pop, her songs are overwhelmingly dull. They don't go anywhere, have no dynamics whatsoever, lack hooks, tonality changes and basically any things that make music interesting.
>>
File: 1.jpg (374 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
374 KB, 1200x1200
>>
>>64376168
Almost forgot: pic related
>>
>>64376259
>Whitney Houston
>unbearable
>>64376575
>Swift over Carey

You guys need to listen to better music. Start with Minnie Riperton.
>>
>>64376592
Song-wise, I agree fully. But I like his sound a lot. I listened through "2" and although I admit I don't remember a single song, I liked the melodies and the sound in some way.
>>
>>64376624
Thanks for the rec. I must note that I have no opinion on soul/r&b music whatsoever. I simply mentioned Carey because I've heard her and found her music boring by all standards. Doesn't help that her songs all sound fake.
>>
File: sufjan_stevens.jpg (212 KB, 1023x691) Image search: [Google]
sufjan_stevens.jpg
212 KB, 1023x691
>>64376168
Another addition.

This will obviously assblast people on /mu/, but as a non-American, I could never sit through any single of his albums. I remember virtually nothing from what I've heard. Maybe it's in the lyrics, but again, having not been to US once, songs about states don't really capture my attention.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.