[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gambino Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2
File: Gambino.jpg (56 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
Gambino.jpg
56 KB, 960x540
Hey, /mu/.

It's my first time here and I'm wondering what is your opinion on Gambino. I like his stuff but the general consensus is that he sucks. Is that just a circle jerk or is he actually bad?
>>
>>64374492
I don't like him, not one bit.
>>
>>64374492
i think its just a circle jerk. most likely because other people like his music, and that he's a normie, which makes no sense to judge somebody's music with their personality. i personally love Gambino, and thought that Because The Internet was an 8.5/10.
>>
>>64374539
Why though? I thought his lines were pretty good and in general his songs are pretty decent.
>>
>>64374581
Yeah, I absolutely loved Because the Internet. It was amazing.
>>
File: 1453174983779.jpg (54 KB, 515x700) Image search: [Google]
1453174983779.jpg
54 KB, 515x700
They hate him because he's popular, he's really not a bad rapper. He's average and better than most radio rap.
>>
I don't like him because his music is cringe supreme and he's a total faggot for trying to make p4k bait shit music and failing

nigga also can't even act or be funny so wtf is the point
>>
>>64375336
Yeah I really don't get how kids can talk shit on Lil Wayne then turn around and list Gambino as an "actually good new rapper" and whatnot
>>
>>64375396
Gambino is better than lil wayne man, Lil Wayne is a fucking retard and his dumb ass kindergarten flow reflects that. Nigga needs to stop doing lean before he's put in a home.
>>
>>64375396
I just think that Lil Wayne only talks about what he owns and shit whereas Gambino raps about personal problems etc. Then again, I don't listen to a lot of Lil Wayne so can't criticise him fairly.
>>
He's downright catchy imo.

Just dumb people whining because he's kinda normy
>>
>>64375458
Why you'd want to listen to some faggot cry about his problems is your own business.
I'm guessing though it's because you're a faggot oo
>>
>>64375443
He's one of Gambino's biggest influences, only difference is Gambino didn't grow up poor as hell and sell drugs and thus his lyrics reflect a different lifestyle. That and Wayne actually put out a good amount of decent music for a period of time
>>
>>64375494
Seriously what is the point of that? People grow out of that when they're 17, 19 at the absolute latest. Anyone who maintains some kind of smug air about listening to unpopular music later than that is an insufferable and insecure faggot. I don't know a single adult who avoids popular music because it's popular, that's a phase and a childish one at that.
>>
>>64374492
He's decent
He's not overrated or underrated, but a nice balance. A lot better than someone like Lil Wayne, so it's okay that he's popular
>>
>>64375530
I don't know about you but I haven't heard Lil Wayne spit anything that was above mediocre. His flow is simple as fuck and really I remember him starting the trend of dumbed down fuckstick rap starting at and before Lollipop came out.
>>
>>64375529
Damn, you really got me there. It's almost like rappers that talk about real shit are more appealing than a rapper who just raps about money and girls....
>>
The amount of quality mixtapes and collaborations Wayne put out from 2005-2008 is unreal and anyone who argues that he's a bad rapper doesn't understand the genre.
>>
>>64375651
Yeah sorry dude, everything I've heard him release is either mediocre or bad and I'm not about to dig into an artist's old mixtapes when all he's delivered before is simplistic garbage with his faggot voice.
>>
>>64375651
I just don't like how he raps. He may have had some good stuff earlier but his current shit is garbage. In my eyes, Gambino has been consistenrly good since he started.
>>
>>64375622
Or maybe just that rappers with corny basic wordplay and lyrics that make someone like Kid Cudi seem compelling by comparison are often not even as good as materialistic rappers.

>>64375686
I find Gambino's "faggot voice" much more annoying, so it's all just a matter of opinion in that regard
>>
>>64375651
For example, Lil Wayne popularized punchline rapping as a common technique in songs. one of the laziest shit techniques I've ever heard in hip hop and it lasted way longer than it should have.
>>
>>64375756
Man that was an afterthought, Lil Wayne popularized dumbed down simple rap and made it significantly shittier. The rap before lil wayne was clearly more complex and had more substance, then all of a sudden it was punchline rapping and slow, simple ass lines with the dumbest flow possible.
>>
>>64375773
Are you saying Gambino isn't a punchline rapper?
>>
>>64375845
>The rap before lil wayne was clearly more complex and had more substance
You're either underage, or have a really awful memory.
>>
>>64375845
The decline of boom-bap or whatever you think is "deep and lyrical" didn't happen because of Wayne, things were already different by the late 90s
>>
>>64375917
No man, I'm 24 and I experienced the change. T.I., Jay-Z, fuck, Ludacris, even Fabolous were doing much more complex shit than Lil Wayne before he came on the scene.
>>
>>64375917
All of G-Unit were releasing more intricate rhymes and flow before Lil Wayne started the trend of dumbed down nigger babble
>>
>>64375192
who is this girl?
>>
>>64376109
Katy Perry

Reverse Image Search is your friend, pal.
>>
>>64376109
Katy Perry.
>>
As a big hip hop fan, even at its most gimmicky and even untalented artists, Childish Gambino takes the Shit cake. Not only does he have the worst ear for beats in hip hop, but he consistently goes on the laziest, easiest to flow over beats to create a pseudoflow that braindead fans consider "good" because the beat is so easy. He relies on image more than ANYONE in hip hop, using the "o look guys I'm riding the fence between the black and white communities" shtick in a disgustingly distasteful way.

He makes no attempt at internal rhyme, and his inflection is flat and unevocative. He's also cringey enough to warrant a punch in his pandering wanna-be conscious face. People think he has a lot to say, but outside of a few witty punchlines that he has borrowed from his own fucking comedy before, his storytelling is inane and not detailed, and never makes an interesting or thought provoking point.

He is the epitome of shitty cancer rap.
>>
>>64375919
Talking about early to mid 2000's.
>>
>>64376133
wtf she looks like the girl from phatogram or alexis krauss here..
>>
>>64376189
She gives me a phantom boner
>>
>>64376204
doesnt even make any sense. delete this
>>
>>64375458
>personal problems
Like what? He's a very successful and (somehow) well liked multi-talented dude with no known addiction problems or anything. The only issues he has he brings upon himself by being such an edgy little faggot
>>
>>64376224
People often have a warped self image, viewing themselves as less competent or impressive than they actually are. Fame also brings a hugely abnormal amount of attention to a person and dealing with that is often very difficult. We don't know if he has addiction problems, those are relatively easy to hide. Finally, being rich doesn't make you much happier past 70,000 dollars or so.

I know that it seems ridiculous, but it's a very abnormal type of experience and it's hard to see from their perspective.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.