[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is better than anything Animal Collective has ever put out
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (81 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
81 KB, 1200x1200
This is better than anything Animal Collective has ever put out and may be the best album of the decade so far
>>
>>64372635
It's not better than campfire Songs, you plebeian. It's good though
>>
>>64372635
i agree
>>
Laughing Hieroglyphic is the best song by anyone from AnCo
>>
>>64372656
ehhhhhhh
im a big campfire songs fan but i gotta agree with montie on this one, sleep cycle has the peaceful atmosphere of campfire songs but with far superior melodies at work
its comparable to STGSTV in terms of quality
>>
>>64372762
But the lack of melody is the point, it's Folk Drone
>>
>>64372635
It's not as good as STGSTV
I'd say it's on par with Person Pitch (which means very good) though
>>
>>64372956
I think AnCo rankings all come down to personal taste. I mean, how can you compare Spirit and CS? They're so dissimilar that you can't
>>
is the album cover a hand strumming a guitar?
>>
>>64373017
It looks like some sort of African monk or something on the left, but I do see a guitar neck on the right
>>
>>64372997
Yeah but that's true with all music

I mean we all have our own personal ratings, but in the end how can you compare Psych Rock with Folk, they're so dissimilar

rating is only personal taste
>>
>>64372635
agree 100%, they've been shit for years.
>>
>>64373080
dang right

sleep cycle is just below person pitch for me (and it's the second best solo record they've put out)
>>
>>64372635
It's pretty good but nothing too special overall. Footy is fantastic though.
>>
>>64372635
>may be the best album of the decade so far
lol
>>
>>64372635
but not really.

>>64373352
>The instrumental parts on Footy are fantastic, but most of the vocals are absolute horseshit.

Fixed.
>>
>>64373352
>It's pretty good but nothing too special
what a meme4k opinion
>>
>>64373469
go talk football or vidya, you tribal faggot.
>>
>>64372635
>4 regular length songs
>an "album"

lol
>>
>>64373352
>>64373406
>YOU'VE GOT TO BE BRAAAAAVE
i love and hate the vocals on this song
>>
>>64373329
I think I agree that it's just below Person Pitch as of right now, but with subsequent visits I can see a possibility of that opinion changing
>>
>>64373511
That made you laugh out loud. You must have a low standard of humor.

Besides it's over a half hour long, there have been shorter albums
>>
>>64373576

IT'S 4 SONGS

IT'S AN EP

WITH 2 FINE SONGS, 1 ALRIGHT ONE, 1 SHITTY AND 2 INTERLUDES

4 SONGS

4 GOD DAMN SONGS

>implying the 4 best songs on most anco albums aren't better than these 4 songs

LOL
>>
>>64373508
go pretend you don't take fantano seriously you prokaryotic faggot
>>
>>64373656
I've heard people say this, but here does this 4 songs=ep ting come from? I've literally never heard that concise a distinction.

And according to the Recording Industry Association of America, an EP has to be less than 30 minutes
>>
>>64373469
I came to this opinion before they even put out their review m8
Also caring about defying p4k is just as bad as caring about their opinion as actually being worthwhile
>>64373406
>>64373542
good thing I don't pay attention to lyrics in music 99% of the time
>>
It's boring as fuck. Of course you would like it Montie lol
>>
>>64373656
it's not the number of tracks that classifies something as an ep
>>
>>64373899
I wasn't referring to the lyrics, I meant the way he 'sings' on it. He's pretty good on all the other tracks and on Wide Eyed, but he really screwed the pooch on Footy.
>>
>>64373940
"Boring" is the least legitimate criticism of any album
>>
>>64372760
you know what, I actually agree with that
>>
ha ha, good one montie.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.