[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
can i get some dark country/folk singer-songwriter recs? There
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: songs of leonard cohen.jpg (22 KB, 400x394) Image search: [Google]
songs of leonard cohen.jpg
22 KB, 400x394
can i get some dark country/folk singer-songwriter recs? There was a specific album I was trying to remember the name of, but I forgot, the cover had the sort of art style you'd see on like the series of unfortunate events books with a guy leaning over a piano...it's sad drinking album with very long songs.

anyway, folk and some light emo would be fine too. Like, Keaton Henson and whatnot. I already know Nick cave and Tom Waits.
>>
File: Tom_Waits_-_Closing_Time.jpg (43 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Tom_Waits_-_Closing_Time.jpg
43 KB, 300x300
kind of a long shot but is this the album you were looking for?
>>
File: drinking songs.jpg (60 KB, 500x449) Image search: [Google]
drinking songs.jpg
60 KB, 500x449
>>64372148
you're thinking of this, right?

Anyways, you should check out Townes Van Zandt and Jackson C. Frank.
>>
>>64372148
>adam sandler
>>
>>64372616

yes thats it, thank you!
>>
>>>/wsr/
This is not a spoonfeeding board.
>>
Mirel Wagner

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYtvkoqTnSs
>>
>>64372735
shut cho ass up and let's all talk sad drinking songs
>>
i love the Giles Corey LP, i wish dan would do another one
>>
>>64372616
I feel like you're new to music and shouldn't be recommending anything.
>>
>>64373250
i'm not, but it seemed like op maybe was, and therefore hadn't listened to those otherwise well known artists.
>>
>>64373276

i know jackson c. frank, but the townes van zandt rec is appreciated
>>
>>64373276
That doesn't make any sense. Did I hurt your feelings or something so now you're lying about it
>>
>>64372148
Check out John Prine
>>
>>64373664
you don't make sense, you're just bickering for the sake of it

anon answered op's exact question, and gave his recommendations along it

it's not as though people "new to music" shouldn't recommend things anyway, there is no harm done, in the worst case op has heard the albums before (which he hadn't)
>>
>>64373250
>>64373664
chill you fucking retard
>>
The Middle East are great
>>
>>>/wsr/
>>>/wsr/
>>>/wsr/
>>
>>64372148
Aaron Ellis - Five Songs or Aaron Ellis - Self-Portrait
>>
cowpunk in da house
https://youtu.be/yywGI1H_oyM
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.