[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the correct answer to "what kind of music do
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6
What's the correct answer to "what kind of music do you like?"

I feel as if I'm being asked to present my Club Membership card. My answer is supposed to reveal something about my personality and social life.

Now, innocent and inoffensive people who play catch with their pastor and "like rock" will advise me to just be myself, which is touching in its naiveté. But I am an offensive person who needs to wear a mask. I feel no connection with other people, and concerts are about as emotional for me as catching the subway. Even admitting that, in the way I just did, offends people, which is just another reason why they deserve to be lied to.

What are your thoughts on this subject, /mu/?
>>
Are you saying you don't enjoy music?
>>
>rap
>rock
>classical
>jazz

These are the only acceptable answers. "Everything" is a cop out and makes people hate you, while anything more specific than the above four is too autistic and will creep them out.
>>
>>64370975
"A bit of everything but I mainly listen to..." and then one or two large umbrella genres I think is a good compromise.
>>
>>64370971
I don't listen to genres or specific composers with any consistency. It's like birdsong to me.

I also have difficulty telling voices apart, so this may be a neurological matter.

>>64370975
This is more or less my line of thinking.
>>
That crust looks delicious, but I don't like the way the mozzarella is spread out
>>
>>64370934
>What's the correct answer to "what kind of music do you like?"

"scarufficore"
>what's that, anon
*roll eyes*

repeat as necessary
>>
>>64370934
You literally just have to name your favorite music. You can give your fav albums, most liked genres, whatever man. What you like a lot says tons about you
>>
Broad question.

Trying to talk to someone while another voice talks alongside is difficult and unpleasant, so songs are out.

What is some good instrumental music I can pretend to like without alienating people?

I'd just live in a cave and kill lizards with rocks if it weren't for my love of human cuisine.
That and the poor state of the cave real estate market. It's very expensive to pay for isolation.
>>
>>64370971
>saying you actually like music
>>
>>64371920
There is some guitar instrumentals that are pretty good, specially classical guitar, and usually classical fits right in to fill the silence in a room in most situations.
In these cases, even tame ambient music can work. And funnily, so does most vaporwave.
>>
>>64371061
The mozzarella is perfect, damn
>>
File: eID3tAN[1].jpg (106 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
eID3tAN[1].jpg
106 KB, 960x720
>>64372189
it's not spread out enough on the corners, and I like mozzarella when it's melted enough to the point of looking yellowish. Pic related
>>
>>64370934
If anybody asks me this the conversation usually lasts like twenty minutes, so I can cover most of my bases.
>>
>>64372253
>not understanding the difference between bufala and fior di latte
>>
File: 6bsbymV.png (379 KB, 629x358) Image search: [Google]
6bsbymV.png
379 KB, 629x358
Is it supposed to be a meme or is this board really filled with the autistic and the socially retarded. Sure this is 4chan, but surely the benign topic of music attracts some normal people who don't suffer with social problems non-stop right?

My answer is "I like rock, hip hop, pop really anything except country" The topic will surely come up of how I play music and that is usually another conversation. Why is being normal so impossible for so many of you? And don't say intelligence, people with high intelligence can usually dedicate their brain power to social skills with great success.
>>
>>64373052
>And don't say intelligence, people with high intelligence can usually dedicate their brain power to social skills with great success.
Wouldn't this involve research and development for these social skills?
Research like asking questions?
>>
>>64373120
Like most things, practice with experience is the best way to get better. It's far too much of a dynamic and varied skill to learn much by book learning.
>>
>>64373155
Learning is learning. If you can't apply a principle you've learned in writing, you aren't able to abstract a lesson from an experience. They're the same mental process, except one is head-first and the other is head-last.
>>
File: maxresdefault (3).jpg (64 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (3).jpg
64 KB, 1280x720
>>64370934
>>
>>64373249
I am too shameless to kill myself. Sorry to disappoint.
>>
>>64373236
I'm just telling you that social skills is very dependent on the person, context, your age, the sex of those involved, your specific sub-culture, your culture, there's just too many variables to read a good chunk about it in a textbook. If that's how your brain works, go for it. I'm just saying you can read a shitload about social skills and look like an autistic robot the second you set foot in a room full of people. It's a much more fluid intelligence thing rather than crystalline intelligence. Way more improvisation than meticulous planning.
>>
>>64373302
I am experimenting.
>>
>>64374992
Good, just don't be creepy.
>>
>>64372309
>how to spot an anonymous italian 101
>>
>>64372309
>Choosing a bufala over a margherita
Sorry, I thought we were all adults of taste here.
>>
>>64372309
who gives a fuck about whatever those are, you should just have hawaiian with anchovies
>>
>>64370934
That pizza looks delicious. Only reason I opened this thread.
>>
>>64370934
I just tell them upfront that I don't know how to answer that question.
>>
Everything but country and rap (because country and rap is C.RAP)
Lol yeah I know, you can go ahead and use that joke
>>
>>64375930
Jesus fucking christ kid, why? That's worse than any answer you could give, that's awkward as fuck and giving literally nothing to the other person to go off of. That's an instant conversation ender or is going to lead to them quizzically interrogating them while you get more anxious and your neuroses start blossoming in front of them. What the fuck is wrong with you, name a genre you fucking aspie. If my friends and I saw that, your quote would become an inside joke because that's the most autistic answer you could possibly give to that question.
>>
>>64370934
If the question happens irl I just say "Avant-Garde Music" and if you don't know what it is I proceed to play some frm my cellphone.
If the question happens via text I name a few genres.
>>
File: 1456517237604.jpg (5 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1456517237604.jpg
5 KB, 200x200
>Nobody ever asks me what music I listen to
>>
>>64375137
>Choosing margherita over bufala
No wonder this place is a shithole, plebs here are plebs in every sense possible
>>
>>64376231
Naming genres would be less socially retarded than saying avant garde.
>>
I just say I'm not that into music, which they know is a lie because often when that question comes up it's because they know I'm djing/in a band, so they understand that I'm politely declining to answer their question
>>
>>64376136
Well I really have no idea how to answer that question. It's like saying, "What's your favorite thing?" Saying I like everything would make me look like a pleb. I'd rather they ask me what are my favorites out of particular genres. At any rate, I try to have as little interaction with people as possible because all that will come of it is I'll end up looking like a complete idiot, which I probably am.
>>
>>64372253
This is an american-style pizza
>>64370934
THIS is a true italian, handmade pizza. Perfection. Like the ones I had in Torino and NYC.

Notice the crust and the premium cheese. And how it's not doused in sauce like american pizza. This is how pizza should be made.
>>
>>64376308
I can give you advice that will work if you want it, I went from only sitting at the autistic kids table to being the coolest kid by the end of high school and my popularity exploded in college.
>>
>>64370934
Be yourself but understand that not everyone will like what you like. Just say you like to listen to music that fits your mood. "I like to listen to <shit artist> when I feel <mood>" or when you're doing something, makes you want to do something, etc.
>>
File: pizza-margherita-m[1].jpg (364 KB, 1582x1055) Image search: [Google]
pizza-margherita-m[1].jpg
364 KB, 1582x1055
>>64376319
>bufala
>premium cheese
THIS is the only pizza that matters, every other sort is heresy.
>>
>>64370934
>italian cheese and tomato bread
>>
I always answer with something like "some weird shit, but I also like indie rock, synth pop and edm"
>>
>>64373052
I can invisibly lurk here unlike in real life I guess
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.