[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why was the late 60s-early 70s so good for experimental music
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (115 KB, 650x854) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
115 KB, 650x854
Why was the late 60s-early 70s so good for experimental music and this generations is pretty much shit?
>>
Because in those times musicians wanted always make new stuff. The best example being the krautrock and today's generation only cares about rehashing shit.
Rock is pretty much dead, there's nothing new to add on the genre.
>>
Sorry to hear you were born in the wrong generation OP
>>
because you're an autistic faggot
>>
>>64370568
>>64370660
Why is this decade always filled with spoonfed retards that declare everything dead prematurely?
>>
>>64373028
Rock music is dead, certainly culturally and almost creatively. When was the last time you actually heard something new and not a retread of something already done in the last 60 years?
>>
What does your picture have to do with your post?
>>
>>64370568
Because you only like novel avant garde that is revered for its groundbraking and working musicians who do their thing with all the advancements of music are just shit to you? You faggot.
>>
Rock's not dead, and experimental music continues to move forward till today. The diference is, there is pretty much no coverage about it today, when compared to the 60s/70s. The were large audiences for "experimental" music. Nowadays people just want to hear the same thing being done over and over again, leave no income for experimental artists, who are no longer rock stars showering in money in fame like they were back then.
>>
its because of how computers and hardware made musicians focus on production and cheap tricks to make you think the music is interesting, and not on the music itself
>>
>>64373165
>When was the last time you actually heard something new and not a retread of something already done in the last 60 years?

Fucking 5 mins ago.

Stop posting on /mu/ and go outside and actively look for music, sperglord.
>>
>>64373275
Link please.
>>
>>64373165
rock is dead XD upvote me guyees
>>
>>64373275
link pls
>>
>>64373301
>le spoonfeed me new music.

Fuck off, why would I post stuff on /mu/ anyway?

This board is infested with plebs, there's no saving it at this point in time.
>>
>>64373347
You're just afraid that what you'll show me is clearly derivative of music already created in the 60s-80s.
>>
Im 13 and the only person in my class who listens to queer, I wish I was born in the paleolithic :(((
Upboat if u agree :D
>>
File: Fleet-Foxes-007.jpg (32 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
Fleet-Foxes-007.jpg
32 KB, 460x276
>>64373347
Guarantee this guy is a 15 year old that felt superior for listening to queen when he was 9, and now he sees that's the popular opinion tries to pretend modern rock is just as good.

>inb4 this faggots idea of good rock is pitchfork shit like battles and deerhunter. Fuck off.
>>
>>64373377
Not really, no.

It's more like /mu/ at this point is pointless for sharing cutting edge music because it's all poptimist tripe.

There's nothing worthy of finding or even sharing here any more, the ship has long passed.
>>
>>64373413
Are rock and pop the only things that occupy your head?
>>
>>64373424
>I claim rock is creatively dead
>You say you listened to something that was new and not a retread of something already done "fucking 5 mins ago"
>Refuse to provide evidence

good talk.
>>
>>64373472
Oh right. Can't forget good folk too right, like fleet foxes, bon Iver, father john misty, devendra banhart, and sufjan. Neutral milk hotel. Not Mumford and sons though xD

You r/indieheads faggots are literal cancer.
>>
>>64373522
You're not going to find experimental music on /mu/, of all places, I guarantee that.
>>
>>64373556
>I spent 10 minutes on RYM and now think I'm super above moo while posting on it. DAE le ranuille dememe????
>>
>>64373595
>RYM

Confirmed for NEET that never leaves the house.
>>
music is dead. 4'33 and wall noise are the end points of the whole spectrum.

it all has been done before. thats why you need drugs to enjoy music
>>
>>64373424
You might literally be autistic. Stop trying to impress internet strangers. If you complain about nothing worth finding here yet refuse to provide anything to find, you are part of the problem.
>>
>>64373652
lel
>>
>>64374070
>If you complain about nothing worth finding here yet refuse to provide anything to find, you are part of the problem.
Why would I share things on /mu/? What is there for me to gain?

This is a simple question.
>>
>LEWRONGGERNERASHUN amirte

get murdered
>>
>>64370568
>GREAT POST
>I JUST SENT YOU LEDDIT GOLD XD
kys
>>
>60's 70's
>experimental
>experimental is a genre
>posts a rock musician

Viper yourself
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.