[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thought /mu/? And please no memes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (447 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
447 KB, 1500x1500
Thought /mu/?
And please no memes
>>
6/10

wasn't even aoty. that honor goes to old boots new dirt or tptb
>>
It was pretty good when I listened to it, but like every other hip hop album, I never cared to revisit it
>>
10/10 not memeing
>>
>>64369829
>please no memes
OP, the album is actually a meme though. Hating white people and general SJW behavior is the hottest meme out there.
>>
>>64369829
It was alright I guess, the instrumentals were good but Kendrick sounds just like any other modern rapper with okay-ish flows and an extremely annoying voice.
>>
>>64369977
i suggest you relisten to the album and actually think about more than just blacker the berry

i never thought i'd miss TPAB memery on this board until lemonade came out
>>
7.5/10
good album but very overrated
>>
>>64369829
8/10 realistically

there were 2 albums better than it
>>
>>64369829
how new are you?
>>
>>64369829
Greatest album since pet sounds no memes
>>
It's the most overrated piece of cancer that the 2010s have spawned. This second rate jazz rap album is being regarded as something impactful and game-changing?
>>
>>64369977
>>64370012
Fuck all y'all niggas
He poses more criticism of black people, black culture, and gang culture on this album than on any of his other releases.
Just listen to the song institutionalized for example.
>>
>>64369829
People seriously overestimate the muh hate white people aspects of the album. Most of the lyrics are really personal. There are some GOAT tracks but Hood Politics has that cringey "boo boo" line. Overall its a 9/10 for me.
>>
>>64370653
nigga i'm on your side of this argument the fuck you yellin at me for?
>>
>this dick aint free
>wash my ass grandma
>yo niggas booboo yo new whip booboo

some horrid lyrics on here but it's a decent record 7/10
>>
9/10 desu
>>
GKMC was infinitely better in almost every way

Section 80 too
>>
File: image.jpg (115 KB, 1401x788) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
115 KB, 1401x788
I remember when you was conflicted..
Misusing your influence..
>>
>>64370904
this fucking cuck
>>
>>64372033
kuck urself famo
>>
>>64369829
Aoty for me of 2015, I just think that the sound is gorgeous, KendrickĀ“s technical skill is on point and the themes are really interesting. I especially love mortal man.
>>
>>64369829
Interesting the first time through, not a lot of replay value, especially because of that poem. No real standout tracks that I can constantly go back to either. Kendrick's spirituality is just boring to me.

Favorite tracks were Institutionalized and Hood Politics
>>
Didn't really care for the first couple of times I listened to it. Never returned.

Loved GKMC though.
>>
Shit is tight as hell, I thought it was great made me feel as black as the time I listened to D'angelo's VooDoo
>>
>>64372015
if these walls could talk....
AHHHHHHHHHHH
if these walls could talk...
UHHHH
if these walls could talk..
OOOOOOOOOOH

IF THESE WALLS COULD TALLLLLLLLLLLK

whats the next line again?
>>
>>64369829
7/10 it was okay but maad city was better
>>
>>64369829
0/10. I literally gave that album 0.5 on rym. One of the worst things i've ever heard in my life.
>>
File: image.jpg (26 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26 KB, 500x281
>>64372409
Sex

she just want to close her eyes and sway
I you, if you, if you exercise your right to work it out
>>
File: [.png (12 KB, 251x246) Image search: [Google]
[.png
12 KB, 251x246
>>64372033
>>
Racist
>>
GKMC was better desu, but i actually liked "I"
>>
File: image.jpg (27 KB, 600x200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27 KB, 600x200
>>64369829
Brilliant fusion of funk, soul, jazz, and hip-hop. Lyrics are some of the best the 2010's have to offer. Questions modern issues in america without being a total nog about it. Furthers the personal exposition of one of hip-hop's greatest modern lyricists.

I don't think it's overrated at all. At LEAST an 8 out of 10, 10/10 for me personally.
>>
>>64369829
Doesn't really hold my attention
>>
>>64369829
Fantastic fucking album
not quite my album of the year but anyone who rates this album lower than a 7 or so is a metahipster
>>
>>64372083
>I just think that the sound is gorgeous
Listen to literally any actual jazz album
>>
>>64373462
Actually people can have legitimate opinions that disagree with yours. As a big fan of jazz, I really dislike the sound of this album and the Jazz influence and what Kendrick is saying is vastly overrated as being significant and "deep"
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.