[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Chelsea Wolfe
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: 8ee3c534.jpg (54 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
8ee3c534.jpg
54 KB, 800x800
I'm in love with this woman. What'd you guys think of abyss? I loved it even thought there are a couple songs that aren't her best. Dragged out makes me shit myself with cum tho.
Can't wait to see her live next month.
>>
>>64361719
Bump for my Gothic waifu
>>
how's the new ep? she's playing this week I think but I feel like I should check out her new stuff first.
>>
>>64361760
It's great. A little darker and well basically sounds like an abyss. But some of the tracks on there are just mind blowing with the way her voice burst through a wall of dark noise. In After the fall she whispers her lyrics ever so softly and its heavenly.
>>
>>64361760
Dragged out though is sooooo good. The guitar plays this just sinister sound right off followed by her soft voice just slowly building this song. The random little moans that go with it too.
>>
File: 348957.jpg (35 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
348957.jpg
35 KB, 480x270
>>64361719
garbo
>>
>>64361879
>random little moans
this is relevant to my interests
>>
>>64361719
I had my obsessed with Chelsea Wolfe phase a while ago as well. Best new artist of the 2010s.

>>64361760
Very good. I got the 7" a month before it was released for some reason. I'm guessing you've heard the new album, because the EP is just a couple of B-sides and demos.
>>
>>64362490
>I'm guessing you've heard the new album,
yeah the one from last year
>because the EP is just a couple of B-sides and demos.
yeah I'm seeing its actually just a 7" single because the ep length just the demo stuff. pretty cool so far though.
>>
She be great.
>>
Anyone rec some stuff that's in a similar vain as Chelsea?
>>
>>64362790
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-0UbbD8sfo

although as i recall chelsea has a few different styles so I'm not positive
>>
>>64362790
Esben and the Witch, True Widow and Marriages/Emma Ruth Rundle are the closest

If you want something more metal, try The Angelic Process
>>
>>64362798
>>64362809

Thanks, I'll be sure to check all of them out here in a bit.

Something similar to Pain Is Beauty or Abyss is basically what I'm looking for. But, I'm open to anything.
>>
>>64362891
Pain Is Beauty is quite unique, I think. Early Cocteau Twins is similar, but that's the closest I can think of. It's her most gothic album, but most darkwave/goth stuff isn't as grand musically. Maybe the last Kayo Dot album, if you don't need female vocals.

Abyss is more doom influenced. I might get shit for this, but besides the vocals it isn't that far removed from a lot of post-metal. She's a fan of Deafheaven and Russian Circles who are on the same label.
>>
>>64362809
any specific albums/EPs by these bands i should start with?

/btw. i'm a different anon, than the one asking for recommendations before
>>
>>64361719
saw her tonight, she put on a great show

>tfw she replied to someone elses idiotic comment on a picture i posted of her
>>
>>64363439
Marriages' first EP Kitsune is very good. For Esben and the Witch try A New Nature. True Widow's albums are all fairly similar.
>>
File: tumblr_nb7wapOvdO1qa09t4o1_500.gif (732 KB, 500x271) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nb7wapOvdO1qa09t4o1_500.gif
732 KB, 500x271
>>64363536
thanks u
>>
>>64363439
listen to this:

https://emmaruthrundle.bandcamp.com/album/some-heavy-ocean
>>
Seeing her on her tour soon, her band is pretty good live.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.