[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any tips on playing the harmonica?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: F77SBZ3GAPV7WVE.MEDIUM.jpg (51 KB, 544x299) Image search: [Google]
F77SBZ3GAPV7WVE.MEDIUM.jpg
51 KB, 544x299
Any tips on playing the harmonica?
>>
Don't 2bh
>>
Go to jail.
>>
dont
>>
>>64355442
>>64355510
Why not?
>>
>>64355519
It's a memestrument
>>
>>64355541
Should I take up piano then?
>>
>>64355541
Not op but literally who cares, being able to pick up an instrument like a harmonica and play it can be cool In a social setting
>>
>>64355555
>>
>>64355430
Buy a hohner, which kind is really personal preference, there's no magical "this is the harmonica for you." If you're lucky you'll like a regular special 20, I wouldn't go any cheaper than that. I like the marine band but the wooden comb and sharp edges are rough on the lips. Start with a harp in the key of C, purely because it'll allow you to play the most songs in first or second position. I suggest trying a little of both positions and seeing which one you take to. Most important thing is just play. It's not like other instruments where you play this note then this note then this note, or even this chord then that chord. IT's a strange sort of fluidity. Listen to a lot of the kinds of players you want to play like. You'll pick up on their stylisms.

>>64355578
Ew. I hope he's not planning on picking up random harmonicas and playing them at parties, although someone did steal one of my marine bands. Such a gross thing to steal.
>>
it's not as easy as you think it will be
it will take a lot of practice just like any instrument
>>
>>64355464
underrated post
>>
File: bill-clinton.jpg (44 KB, 660x350) Image search: [Google]
bill-clinton.jpg
44 KB, 660x350
play along with blues songs in the right key for a while. Try and mimic what they are doing in some of the songs. That's how I learned. assuming you have a c harmonica (it's the most common) here is a few to try
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZn1Q6Y7Xmc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3xjHvboGWc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wp6hB-zvgdI
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.