[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WHAT DO YOU THINK OF LEMONADE /MU/? AOTY? 9.5 P4K BNM? BEYONCE
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2
File: beyonce-lemonade-compressed.jpg (65 KB, 620x414) Image search: [Google]
beyonce-lemonade-compressed.jpg
65 KB, 620x414
WHAT DO YOU THINK OF LEMONADE /MU/? AOTY? 9.5 P4K BNM? BEYONCE IS A GODDESS
>>
At least it's better than Anti
>>
A shitty incohesive mess that deserves no respect at all. This is unworthy in front of world renowned music critic Marcel.
>>
it's about time we had a thread about this! I've not really seen /mu/ discuss it yet
>>
File: 81fqqH8qMnL._SL1500_.jpg (359 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
81fqqH8qMnL._SL1500_.jpg
359 KB, 1500x1500
>>64351107
Why is it that stark plain text on top of dramatic pictures is the "in" visual style in the 2010s

It's boring as fuck
>>
>L-lemonade
>L-l-lemonade
>candy boys
>c-c-candy boys
what did she mean by this?
>>
>>64351237
kek
>>
5/10 album, maybe a 6 on a good day. nothing more though.
>>
YYAAAAAASSSSSSS
>>
>>64351368
Fuck. Now I wanna listen to Sophie.
>>
Contrary to already popular belief, there is absolutely nothing that #SLAYS about these songs or Lemonade as a whole. As it stands, Beyoncé’s latest is a disjointed, dilettante, and simply uninventive album that forces pop idiocy and hip hop/R&B blandness down our throats. Lemonade hardly ever tries to be a unique chapter in a pop star’s career, yet it almost always finds a way to place itself upon a pedestal and create a fabricated mix of soul, emotion, and/or atmosphere, as if it had any artistic merit.
>>
It's a decent album. Possibly this year's "TPAB". Which means it'll be triggering /pol/tards and other right-wing SJWs for the next year or so.
>>
dl links?
>>
>>64351179
Nah, Anti was better.
>>
>>64351497
Agreed

Needed Me and the cover of Same Old Mistakes was better than Generic Beyoncé Album #9
>>
>>64351532
Yeah, I can see myself listening to songs off anti multiple times. The beyonce album is a once in a while thing.
>>
>>64351497
>>64351532
>>64351567
Haha lol

Every song on Anti except for Kiss It Better, Consideration and Higher was incredibly forgettable and Woo is the worst song I've probably ever heard

Lemonade is generic at points but it has way better production than Anti and also a hint of progressive songwriting. Also it's impossible to deny that Beyonce is a great singer
>>
>>64351692
They're two different types of albums. When you stay home, yeah you get the Beyonce album, but if you're the type to go out more I'd bring the Anti album.
>>
>>64351107
i think that i'll have to stay off /mu/ until the SJW memery fallout from this album has cleared
>>
beyonce is ugly and makes bad music
like black grimes
>>
>>64351859
congratulations!

you've made your first good post!
>>
>>64351457
>right-wing SJWs
what are you even talking about
>>
>>64351761
Not even that Rihanna is just better than Beyoncé even if she doesn't have quite the voice. Her music is much more interesting than Beyonce
>>
>>64351968
hes been trying to force that meme in every lemonade thread
>>
>>64351980
Beyonce has better technique but horrible tone, makes it seems like she's just shouting.
>>
beyonce jowls
kevin garnett
james white
thomas "wesley" snipes
erza keurig
emile hankie
joseph tibman
quetzalcoatl
shawn
rodent
k/e/k
poc dornus
moryt shyman
deandre "all de" way
antonio rudolph the red nosed ghostwriter
celsius mcconnelll
brian chase overdraft protection
kevbo orzokek
knick zimmer
jack black
gordon ramsey
jimmy paige's ghost
plant food
john paul george ringo jones
bon jonham
aaron jackson carter
cain and abel
danny scrotumfeld
done diehl
tetris
akhmed
uggs
david portnoy
noah the god-fearing
brian third reich
butt baccarat
hal 9000
kevin costner
alex delicious
mike dean of students
hagrid
st. vincent berries
malik yurang
median matters
jonathan coifed
carla maria williametta
dean linux kernel
anthony fantano's main man
frank tired of writing
alan lorax
john lorax sr
timothy timmy thom yorkeshire
charlize theron thomas
Ilsey jewber
akil prince (rip the artist formerly alive as prince)
jamiroquai daniels
andre benjamin 3000
patrick black people
antwan fantwan
wiz khalif brown people
deacon frost
ashton hoagie
michael len kagamine II
>>
>>64351968
"Social justice" as a term doesn't automatically mean you're progressive. What if you are annoyingly passionate about what you think is socially just, as a conservative? Makes sense
>>
Pitchfork is absolutely going to give this album a 10. The rating will be the final nail in the coffin for Pitchfork's former reputation as an indie music site. Just wait and see
>>
>>64351457
>Possibly this year's "TPAB"
SO FUCKING TRIGGERED
>>
>>64351451
/thread
>>
>>64352242
Not because of its musical depth or accomplishment, because of the race/sex related discussion it'll start. Obviously this is way better than TPAB but lets face it theyre both "important" albums
>>
This album is terrible; masquerading as an SJW TPAB Pop-masterpiece, but does very little to earn that title. ANTI- is a decent Pop album that tired to be a decent Pop album. You tell me what's better, even though the choice is obvious.
Memeade sounds terrible to real SJWs and true believers of music as craft- let alone what it sounds like to those anti-poptimist.
On the other hand, Riri's latest just sounds like a decently executed Pop record worthy of 9 to 10 listens.
I got sick of Beyonce's "masterpiece" after a listen and a half.
>>
>>64352368
But TPAP had some genuine moments of musical merit. You can't deny that. Lemonade on the other hand is musically uninteresting, and lyrically vague. Without those shitty poems and HBO special this album would be incoherent conceptually
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.