[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm about to go do acid for the first time. What's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: 00.jpg (120 KB, 994x1200) Image search: [Google]
00.jpg
120 KB, 994x1200
I'm about to go do acid for the first time.
What's some good trip music?
>>
Just listen to whatever you already enjoy.
>>
>>64349955
Positive stuff. You might think you're unflappable, but you would be surprised how emotionally and psychologically susceptible you are about to be. Of course, the good vibes are augmented too, so stick to that until you're sure you're comfortable exploring darker stuff, if you want to.
>>
File: Illinois.jpg (6 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
Illinois.jpg
6 KB, 160x160
I guess it really depends on what you're going for
I think this album along with in the aeroplane over the sea have the ability to invoke emotion.
>>
>>64349955
Merriweather Post Pavilion is one of the best albums I've ever listened to tripping. The vocals do some crazy shit man. I noticed the delay on vocals more than ever when tripping and it created like a whirlwind vortex of vocal harmonies that surrounded me and swallowed me into this realm of pure vibrant color and awesomeness. Either that or it was just some really good acid.
>>
my friend came to visit me and we dropped some potent tabs and listened to this shit and it was literally the best thing ever for real https://soundcloud.com/1833-fm/1833-mix-series-vol-63-pearl-white
>>
I thoroughly enjoyed the sophtware Slump by grandaddy, but that's just me. Planning music somehow never seems to work out for me. Pick an album that looks or seems interesting to you mid trip and roll with it.
>>
>>64350006
I want it to be happy, I'm pretty scared desu.
I want to keep it pretty light but I'm not afraid of some heavy shit as long as it isn't negative.
>>
Go with Dark Side. It's got a deserved reputation plus it's cool to know you're sharing a similar experience with so many other people who have done the same.

Honestly though the last time I tripped I was too distracted to sit down and pay attention to music, it didn't feel right at the time.
>>
grateful dead
>>
Don't plan music to listen to, just listen to whatever you feel during the trip.

Planning out music to listen to is almost always disappointing. Where as listening to something spontaneously is incredible.

In my experience, listening to music you haven't listened to in a long time or new music, maybe something you never really appreciated, is the best choice. Every time I listen to something I've heard a million times before, while tripping, I feel like I'm tethering myself down to reality and it makes me feel frustrated.
>>
>>64350228
Yeah this man

Every time i plan out music to i never stick to it as organically finding shit in the moment is great
>>
>>64350019
Most anco is good
>>
>>64350228
OP here, does anyone know of something that is just a lot of noise, a lot going on? But still coherent music. I remember one of my buddies had a nitrous tank and that shit was insane. I know acid is a lot different than it though.
>>
>>64350487
peep this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkZkOzsXwSw
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.