[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Fifteen people contributed to the writing of this song, but
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: Sem título.png (132 KB, 944x420) Image search: [Google]
Sem título.png
132 KB, 944x420
>Fifteen people contributed to the writing of this song, but only one really matters.

What did Ryan Dombal mean by this?
>>
literally who
>>
>>64349191
please don't tell me that's an actual line from the review
>>
>>64349191
>We live in a world where fifteen fucking people need to do one person's job
Pop """"""""""""artists"""""""""""" are shit
>>
>>64349220
http://pitchfork.com/reviews/tracks/18207-beyonce-hold-up/

This is the liminal moment right after a betrayal but before the consequences. When the freedom of the fall causes a rush. When a head gets light and loopy. When life suddenly seems limitless. When the rules—of gravity, of morality, of empathy—no longer apply. For Beyoncé, this moment means skipping down the street with a baseball bat named Hot Sauce as the world bursts into fireballs behind you.

“Hold Up” is a delirious flight of fancy. The music has no weight, no place, no time—a calypso dream heard through walls and generations. The video lets us peek at this dream without bringing us down to dirt; though the naturalistic soul of New Orleans can be felt throughout much of the Lemonade film, “Hold Up” is pure Hollywood. It is authentically inauthentic, a perfectly lit soundstage in which hydrants pop on cue, billowing fans give lift to hair and dresses, and dudes with “In Memory of When I Gave a Fuck” shirts pop wheelies on the zeitgeist. It is a parody, tribute to, and destruction of what we have come to expect from a Beyoncé video.

But it’s the precise words coming out of a precise mouth that make this hallucination seem real. Fifteen people contributed to the writing of this song, but only one really matters. When Beyoncé works in the pained refrain of Yeah Yeah Yeahs' “Maps,” she makes it glorious while allowing our memories to hint at the anguish underneath. Soulja Boy’s swag—invoked here as a shoulder-brushing afterthought—has rarely felt so on. There are a few rapped bars that put her rapper husband’s deepest insecurities on display; the quick verse is more incisive than anything Jay Z has done in years.

Of course, craziness can’t last—eventually, somebody’s going to have to fix all those busted windows. But not here. Not now.
>>
>>64349191
so the man himself wrote it

man this is pathetic, pitchfork was always a shitty "tastemaker" site for people who can't form their own opinions but at least they didn't market shit in the beginning

9.3 BNM incoming
>>
holy fuck marcel confirmed for being better than p4k. at least he's aware enough to know that beyonce is pop bullshit.

he is truly guiding us to a new, better era of music criticism.
>>
its a decent review of the video
i was laughing all the way through it

some cool references in there as well
>>
>>64349276
9.7 confirmed one hundo p
>>
I can hear Chris Ott ranting in the distance right now
>>
>>64349212
he's the big guy at Pitchfork Industries
>>
>>64349291
the shitstorm would be enormous

people on /mu/ would instantly start worshiping that shit
>>
>>64349319
why are they always called ryan
>>
>>64349238
i refuse to believe that this fucking trash was actually published. please tell me you just made this shit up. it's like the kid a review all over again lmao.
>>
>>64349396
Okay so it's actually real lol. Probably one of the worst examples of purple prose and trying to elevate something not particularly amazing into some sort of opus I've seen in a while from these hacks. Fucking pitchfork. And I'm saying this as somebody who actually likes this album.
>>
Track listing
Credits adapted from Tidal.[6]

Lemonade – audio
No. Title Writer(s) Producer(s) Length
1. "Pray You Catch Me"
Kevin Garrett Beyoncé Knowles James Blake background: Latavia
Garrett Knowles
3:16
2. "Hold Up"
Thomas Wesley Pentz Ezra Koenig Knowles Emile Haynie Joshua Tillman Uzoechi Emenike Sean "Melo-X" Rhoden Doc Pomus Mort Shuman DeAndre Way Antonio Randolph Kelvin McConnell Brian Chase Karen Orzolek Nick Zinner
Diplo Knowles Koenig
3:41
3. "Don't Hurt Yourself" (featuring Jack White)
Jack White Knowles Diana "Wynter" Gordon James "Jimmy" Page Robert Plant John Paul Jones John Bonham
White Knowles Derek Dixie[a]
3:54
4. "Sorry"
D. Gordon Rhoden Corey Jackson Carter Knowles
Melo-X Gordon Knowles Hit-Boy[a] Stuart White[b]
3:53
5. "6 Inch" (featuring The Weeknd)
Abel Tesfaye Knowles Danny Schofield Benjamin "Ben Billions" Diehl Terius Nash Ahmad Balshe Boots David Portner Noah Lennox Brian Weitz Burt Bacharach Hal David
Danny Boy Styles Ben Billions Knowles Boots Dixie[b]
4:20
6. "Daddy Lessons"
D. Gordon Knowles Kyle Cox Kevin Cossom Alex Delicata
Knowles Dixie[a] Delicata[a]
4:48
7. "Love Drought"
Mike Dean Ingrid Burley Knowles
Dean Knowles Kyle Cox
3:57
8. "Sandcastles"
Vincent Berry II Knowles Malik Yusef Midian Mathers
Knowles Vincent Berry Boots[b]
3:03
9. "Forward" (featuring James Blake)
Blake Knowles
Blake Knowles
1:19
10. "Freedom" (featuring Kendrick Lamar)
Jonathan Coffer Knowles Carla Marie Williams Dean McIntosh Kendrick Duckworth Frank Tirado Alan Lomax John Lomax, Sr.
Coffer Knowles Just Blaze Boots[b]
4:50
11. "All Night"
Thomas Wesley Pentz Knowles Timothy Thomas Theron Thomas Ilsey Juber Akil King Aman Tekleab Jaramye Daniels Andre Benjamin Patrick Brown Antwan Patton Ricky Anthony
Diplo Knowles Henry Allen[a]
5:22
12. "Formation"
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.