[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are there so few legitimate female musicians? Why do most
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: 1405220390635.jpg (2 MB, 4160x2336) Image search: [Google]
1405220390635.jpg
2 MB, 4160x2336
Why are there so few legitimate female musicians?

Why do most women have awful taste in music?

Is music just a fashion accessory for women?

Honest question.
>>
And for Christ'd sake, 99% of the music industry are males, just imagine being around that testosterone
>>
I agree. Maybe you should stop pursuing women altogether and send em my way, eh?
>>
>>64333958
women are shallow.
>>
>>64333999
quality double trips
>>
>>64333999
Those digits do confirm OP should send some grils his way
>>
It's supposed to give them 'personality'
Like all the girls I've conversed with are all the same when choosing an artist/band. They have their gimmicks. Popular example being Arctic Monkeys. Every time I ask what they like about them it's "greaser rock." What the heck does that mean?
Trust me just look over the fact that you'll only share 1 song from a single artist that happens to be their hit single.
As long as you're the one that's in control you can choose the music.
>>
>>64333958
is this meme general
>>
>>64334067
looks like it

i can never tell how much of these threads are sincere and how much of it is ironic shit posting
>>
>>64333958
I've seen women get shit on pretty often in musical pursuits, especially as novices. Those who stick it through can make some amazing stuff, but the scene is generally pretty hostile.

Because of this, music often isn't a priority, which explains your other two questions. If it's not being nurtured or expected of you, don't be surprised if it's not an interest.

And sure, music is often used as an accessory for anyone to look more attractive, but good music is best shameless in exposing one's undesirable qualities. Not many folks are willing to share their worst with their friends, let alone roomfuls of strangers. When artists are able to honestly do this, it really separates them from the pack, regardless of gender.
>>
Womemes are basically useless to me in all ways (im asexual, out of choice, i get sex requests weekly) so it doesn't surprise they're lacking in the musical field
>>
File: lol shia.gif (1 MB, 369x268) Image search: [Google]
lol shia.gif
1 MB, 369x268
>>64334322
>i get sex requests weekly
>>
>>64334260
I also think that men are very capable of using music taste as an "accessory." In fact, /mu/ is full of people who trend follow to fit in with the crowd. There are plenty of men who are more than willing to wear band shirts, buy the right records, whatever else to appeal to others... and the stereotype of the guy with a guitar to pickup women is never used as proof that all men aren't sincere about music.

And it's funny to me that the board that is most hostile to women has such pedestrian taste. These kids listen to Death Grips and feel superior to people who like some other popular western artist.
>>
>>64334452
this to be honest

when you realize that /mu/ is primarily full of emotionally immature teenaged boys a lot of it makes sense
>>
There's plenty of female musicians. I think you just aren't looking enough. Both solo and in bands.
>>
>>64334452
Exactly. It's not hard at all to find men that personify the same vapid qualities of the poser, or hipster, or whatever the fuck people call 'em these days. There will always be tryhards. Sex is quite the motivator.

Sincerity is in short supply on both ends. It's childish to focus the criticism by gender.
>>
>>64334452
>the board that is most hostile to women
>/mu/
Yeah, no, /mu/ is pretty tame compared to, say, /int/, or even /a/.
>>
>>64334322
my favorite minipasta
>>
>>64334571
Don't forget /r9k/
>>
>>64334341
It really seems like whenever someone online mentions how over women they are, they always happen to mention at the same time how much pussy they totally could be tapping right now but are simply abstaining from. It's really pathetic.
>>
>>64334641
Fuck, it looks like I was successfully baited.
>>
>>64334571
I meant 4chan in general. Most other music communities are much less hostile to women.
>>
>>64333958
whats on that best of cd
>>
>>64334654
poe's law dude
>>
>>64333958
Most people have awful taste in music. Most people on this board, in this thread even, have awful taste in music (I'm sure you'd agree, perhaps not on who exactly but just with the sentiment).

Presumably women have an easy enough time finding a man, that there's no need to buy a guitar to impress anyone. So because that's at least 80% of the music industry right there, it's not surprising the music industry is disproportionately male.

Now for the people with a genuine love of music, like (not exclusively, just for instance) in music colleges, they tend to be a lot closer to 50/50. They kind of have to be, the choir can only have so many tenors and basses.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.