[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>"My lifestyle determines my deathstyle" >PFF
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: life and death.jpg (168 KB, 1000x500) Image search: [Google]
life and death.jpg
168 KB, 1000x500
>"My lifestyle determines my deathstyle"
>PFF what a crock of shit worst album ever pure trash

>"I'll take my life like I kept it"
>deepest and most complex eat chips have ever been, let's dissect the whole album, oh wow man

/mu/ sucks. retarded college kids each and every one of you
>>
le
>>
you think that some peoples praise or distaste of an album hinges on one line?
>>
yes we all like the way mr. ride says that line, that's the only reason why everybody likes that more than st anger

get over yourself
>>
>>64332177
>deathstyle
Incredibly stupid way of phrasing that.
>>
The issue isn't the message you mong. Unless you can tell me what a "deathstyle" is, your comparison is invalid
>>
>>64332177
>college kids

youre giving them too much credit
>>
>>64332269
true
>>
>>64332177
i like st. anger tbqh

and i loved lulu
>>
>>64333233
Lulu is legit not half bad
>>
Whats your point?
>"My lifestyle determines my deathstyle"
that is a terrible and cringe-worthily written lyrics - regardless of the sentiment
>>
>>64333411
both lyrics are shit and the sentiment is shit, but kids pretend the death grips line is great cause its cool to think that
>>
File: a0798710230_10.jpg (367 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
a0798710230_10.jpg
367 KB, 1200x1200
>Sex has never given me an ounce of satisfaction
>cringy lyric yeah ok pal your so cool

>I like my ipod more than fucking
>jesus he really gets me. what a genius line
>>
>>64332246
The way (style) that someone dies, I think
Still pretty badly written though
>>
>>64333459
both lines are terrible
>>
File: rogerroger.jpg (24 KB, 488x488) Image search: [Google]
rogerroger.jpg
24 KB, 488x488
>>64333459
o mammy pic related
I love the ipod line, and that entire song. It throws the values of not consumer culture in general, but specifically fans of Death Grips themselves, right into their faces. They all have apple products, they all have records, they're all materialistic virgin losers. "I covet these things more than any living, I've never been blown out"
The ugly mane line is just him going "look at me i'm edgy look at me"
>>
FRAN TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC TIC
>>
>>64333411

The point is that both lyrics are shit.
>>
>>64332177
doesn't take a hivemind to come to that conclusion
>>
>>64333446
the metallica line was written hastily in an attempt to seem profound, the grips line was by a prolific lyricist more in touch with contemporary perspectives

you seen that st anger doc?
>>
>>64332177
metallica is important but that album is cheesy as hell
what is this comparison
>>
>>64333650
Fantano drone detected
>>
>>64333858
i liked the ugle man album more than him, don't owwry
:^)
>>
>>64333807

I thought it was more of an introspective trip with all sobriety stuff going on.

Still, both lyrics are shit.
>>
>>64333858
Honestly I'd say he gave an interesting pov on the lyrics I've never heard and he is saying Ride is calling out DG fans. Which is something that happens in Pss Pss. So I don't see how he would fit in with "fantano drones". I wish we could have more discussion on this board like this but then we have people like you.
>>
>>64333920
I'm not talking about that, it's about saying "LUM is edgy"
>>
I don't think anyone here likes death grips lyrics un ironically, they're all cringe edgy shit
>>
>>64334309
I don't think he was saying that but maybe I'm retarded.

>>64334348
I feel like I see people say "No one actually likes this" more for DG than anyone else. When I encounter cringey lyrics I feel like I laugh and keep enjoying the music if I think it sounds good. I listened to mbdtf and some of the lyrucs are pretty silly but the album sounds alright so I just laughed and moved on. Lyrics aren't really important I'd say, you would get more out of poetry or books probably if you want that sort of thing.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.