[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bands that aren't quite good enough
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: sadf.jpg (94 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
sadf.jpg
94 KB, 1024x768
>Soundgarden
>>
>>64330855
Maybe you aren't quite good enough for them.
>>
>>64330855
Kys ya manlet nerd
>>
>>64330855
???
>>
>>64330855
I thought I was the only one who didn't get all the praise for soundgarden.
They always kinda seemed like middle of the road grunge/hardrock
>>
File: Acid Drinkers - Acidofilia.jpg (462 KB, 1420x1408) Image search: [Google]
Acid Drinkers - Acidofilia.jpg
462 KB, 1420x1408
>>
>>64331029
Chris Cornell is the standout musician of that group. Matt Cameron (drummer) is above average, but overall Soundgarden was nothing special. Somehow they got swept up in the Seattle Mania thing, the grunge thing.
>>
>>64331029
They aren't anything special as a whole, but they do have a few outstanding songs.
>>
File: Tool - 10,000 Days.jpg (356 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
Tool - 10,000 Days.jpg
356 KB, 1000x1000
>>
>>64331248
So much this. They've ridden the line between mediocrity and greatness for over 20 years but never crossed it.
>>
>>64331325
i love tool, but they never hit that sweet spot with their music, they were always so close.
>>
>>64330855
System of a Down
Tool
Pearl Jam
Foo Fighters
Green Day
>>
>>64331325
its almost like they edged for 30 years but have never blown their load.
>>
>>64331382
>System of a Down
Their first album is great fun and an easy 10/10, but honestly they went downhill every after deciding to have their guitarist write their lyrics. Also they pulled the RATM issue of acting like they were political and anti-government until they got a record deal.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.