[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: /mu/core bands you will never listen to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (104 KB, 945x591) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
104 KB, 945x591
ITT: /mu/core bands you will never listen to
>>
Radiohead are one of the few good ones.

I refuse to listen to American Football or Weezer.
>>
You are missing out my man
>>
Been here for more than half a decade and I will never like death grips or kanye
>>
Like on purpose because they're /mu/core? None lmao
>>
>>
Death Grips
>>
>>64330603
I don't understand how someone fucking likes weezer it's so boring and I enjoy nerdy virgin music
>>
>>64330652
Only good band listed itt so far. I put off AnCo because of the success and overhype from MPP but I ended up loving them
>>
I don't think there's any really bad /mu/core. it's all at very least okay
>>
>>64330603
Weezer is bad but American Football is fantastic. You're really missing out
>>
Kanye west
>>
>>64330714
Death grips
>>
>>64330714
idk if grimes or young thug are actually considered /mu/core now but they're fucking dreadful and have a legit following on here
>>
>>64330735
Exmilitary was actually good desu
>>64330739
Grimes is trash but Thugger is amazing you virgin.
>>
>Look at me I'm a contrarian!
>>
I don't know about /mu/core, but I've never listened to Prince because he took all his songs off of Youtube. I've actively avoided listening to any of his music, and as far as I know, the only time I have ever heard anything he was involved with was that video of him and a bunch of other people playing While My Guitar Gently Weeps. And no, I'm not underage.
>>
>>64330690
this

their early stuff is godtier don't let /mu/ fool you
>>
>>64330581
Tried weezer. Its OK...lets word it like this: my rock radio stations only play crap and if they played weezer I would put it on atleast once in a while. I would NOT sit down to listen to weezer myself though...too much effort for a sound that isnt bad but simply not interesting enough

>anco
I understand the appeal...I really do. I listenend to music with autistic determination for years and I have been through a lot of noisy quirky and weird stuff... AnCo is relatively tame but for some reason I cant bear their sound. I never encountered a band that was so utterly unlistenable to me. Boring albums? Sure been through these...but AnCo isnt boring...for some reason it is repulsive as hell to me. Never made it through an album but I forced myself through half their discography (always stopped halfway through an album). Name ANY somewhat important band and I bet I have listenend to them. I went through the history of music systematically and never encountered anything as hard to listen to (and I have listenend to objectively far less accesible bands). I cant explain it
>>
>>64330690
I put them off too. I shouldn't have
>>
>>64330892
I used to the feel the same way about AnCo. I tried listening to a bunch of different albums because everyone would give me a different starting point. I thought they all kind of sucked until I got drunk and listened to Centipede Hz. I don't think I even listened to the full thing, but for some reason that was the moment in which AnCo started to sound appealing to me. Now I regard STGSTV and Person Pitch as two of my favorite albums, and I enjoy most of their other work as well.

Dunno if this is helpful or if you even care, I just thought I'd share this for some reason.
>>
File: IMG_20160424_233752.jpg (8 KB, 170x214) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160424_233752.jpg
8 KB, 170x214
>>64330581
Hes pointing at us, /mu/.
>>
>>64331042
Centipede Hz is the album that I liked more than any other AnCo record (I dont look up reviews or ratings I dont want my taste to get tainted). I looked up some reviews afterwards and it is apparently the least well received album. It annoys me that AnCo gives me headaches. I want to "get it". It pisses me off because in my personal top 20 there is some shit that is terribly inaccesible (improv, noise, free jazz, post rock, crazy AF mathrock) but I cant listen to AnCo? Wtf
>>
>>64330581
is that the "steel is heavier than feathers" guy
>>
Death Grips
Grimes
Kanye
Americ anfootball
T Swift
>>
>>64332097
Good list
>>
File: 1443896663561.jpg (205 KB, 359x642) Image search: [Google]
1443896663561.jpg
205 KB, 359x642
Fucking Kanye why the fuck would you listen to him
>>
>>64331261
the problem is it's just bad
>>
>>64330739
go listen to radiohead more then, faggot
>>
>>64332859
hes the GOAT
>>
kanye

and not just cause hes /mu/-core i actually cant stand any of his music
>>
I've never listened to Weezer or the Avalanches. I don't ever plan on listening to Weezer but I might with Avalanches one day
>>
>>64332097
If I love everyone else on this list should I listen to American Football?
>>
>all this hate on Weezer

Dear god i hate neo /mu/
>>
>>64333671
no you should leave
>>
>>64330652
listened to mpp and strawberry jam, didnt like it and just stopped there
>>
File: 1453811810635.gif (992 KB, 240x135) Image search: [Google]
1453811810635.gif
992 KB, 240x135
>>64333513
>>
>>64333820
:)
>>
Talkingheads. I just don't like the sound. I tried /mu/ I really did.
>>
>>64330652
Why are they all so cute
>>
>>64333984
I was the same way until a couple months ago RiL suddenly clicked out of nowhere. I was just craving that sound
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.