[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else get the feeling with this album that it's really
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: lemonade.jpg (133 KB, 638x638) Image search: [Google]
lemonade.jpg
133 KB, 638x638
Anyone else get the feeling with this album that it's really close to being amazing but something's intangible but essential isn't right for you that just makes it come out bad overall? Am I making sense?
>>
sounds like you're trying to say you like the album but it's too popular
>>
>>64328573
>not indie enough
>>
>>64328872
that's not what I'm trying to say, it's hard to explain. The closest I can think of is like, the elements of a good song are there on most tracks, but they don't seem to form together to create good songs
>>
The best song is the one where shes ok with jayz cheating on her with a 6/10 because shes rich
>>
it might be the fact that it's a female voice singing, it might sound like generic pop at first

but listent to Freedom. very epic. march to the beat sah good
>>
>>64329146
so you think it's a mediocre album with good production
>>
>>64329146
I haven't listened to it but that's a similar feeling I get when I listen to MBDTF
>>
>>64329249
I guess that works

>>64329250
weird, I actually really like MBDTF
>>
>>64328573
not even the best album named lemonade
>>
i cant take female musicians seriously so no
>>
>>64328573
The fact she didn't actually go through a breakup yet made a better relationship album than Adelle is pretty impressive.
>>
is any of this cheating stuff pulled from a real story or is it a nice fiction?
>>
>>64328573
Even though I am a white male college graduate and 100% straight, I feel really 'empowered' by this album. YAAS BEY
>>
>>64329614
Well it is a concept album.
>>
>>64329250
dude same here. always felt like mbdtf got the pieces to be great but they were put together the wrong way or something.
>>
>>64329614
Well solange knowles did hit Jay Z and the girl that's rumoured to have been 'becky' in an elevator.
>>
>>64329146
maybe you are just white, and/or a dude. this album conveys great feelings of flawlessness and female empowerment. It might be hard to 'get it' at first, it's overwhelming really, too much of what the kids call 'slay'.
>>
Ok, i Was about to start a new thread about this, but here it goes: I can understand the appeal to this. Everything is just mediocre. Yes, i'm a white man, but I really enjoy black music. I like social commentary. I apreciatte songs about "womanhood". It just feels really, really superficial.
>>
>>64330091
Have you watched the HBO special? it's pretty much an essential part of the album. Beyonce is doing great things for the empowerment of women, specially black women. Try to empathise imagine being an impoverished single mother living in the ghetto, tuning on to HBO, truly a mind blowing experience
>>
>>64330317
yeah ok, that's really great, but i'm speaking to the music itself. I mean, If i'd to give a movie and a social context that much importance, I'd say people rather watch a Nina Simone documentary and they'd feel as empowered, with better music (at least in my taste).

I won't argue that I'd never fully understand the importance of what Beyonce is doing, but still, I can't shake the feeling that these songs are not that good.
>>
>>64328573
It's not amazing because she's still making top 40
>>
Only song i would go out of my way to listen to again is Hold Up.
>>
>>64330317
that's nice, I didn't know it required a team of writers and producers of which 90% of them are men to convey that message of empowering women
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.