[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If i like... Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5
Heres some shit that i like, remeber to post your own so people can recommend back.

Kings Of The City

Common Market

Zella Day

Twenty One Pilots

Arctic Monkeys

Twenty One Pilots

Sublime

The Skints, Especially "Up Against The Wall"

Jakubi
>>
If you like Arctic Monkeys i believe you might love We Were Promised Jetpacks. Their last album might be for you. To other anons, this is a good thread idea don't fuck it up
As for me, what are some other bands like
>Sweet Trip
>Midori
>The Durutti Column
>>
>>64322078
Listened to both WWPJ and Sweet trip and really liked it, got anymore of the same?
>>
>>64322257
If i knew more bands like Sweet Trip i wouldn't be asking. If you like alt rock check out Los Mesoneros
>>
>>64322078
hey, i'm listening to unravelling right now, it's pretty good
thanks man
>>
>>64322824
What do you like anon?
>>
I'm into soft voices right now
>Izumi Makura
https://youtu.be/LCnMVpCGSLg
>Boduf Songs
https://youtu.be/tfeFduI-V78
>Gowns
https://youtu.be/88dtyKH0rUw
>>
>>64323008
well, arctic monkeys are one of my favourite bands, along with QOTSA and i've been listening to tame impala recently.
also, LCD soundsystem and gorillaz are my other favourite bands
>>
>>64321924
If you like that stuff you would probably like finding another website for discussing music
>>
File: pete-wentz-the-twink.jpg (56 KB, 816x544) Image search: [Google]
pete-wentz-the-twink.jpg
56 KB, 816x544
>>64323691
This thread is kind of odd for how cordial /mu/ is being. I mean, Twenty One Pilots, Arctic Monkeys, and Sublime? I'm surprised no one's told OP to fuck off. Maybe all of them are too busy in Beyonce threads or whatever.

Anyways, If you haven't already, check out rateyourmusic and abuse the custom charts. Best way for finding music from my experience.
>>
>>64323618
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M89qz4aWbBo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FahA3C8Xpqo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyKnPLiJy9w
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Op4HT0-W428
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FY-WpVpdha0
>>
>>64323792
Because We aren't born patrician or whatever. OP wants to listen to new music and We should help him, al he one day rec's us something. Nobody comes here for the first time having the exact same taste they have now
>>
>>64321924
Hit up Turn On the Bright Lights by Interpol ASAP
>>
im really getting into dream pop right now, but the only bands that i have listened to are pinkshinyultrablast, beach house, sviib, and diiv. recommendations?
>>
>>64324039
Yo La Tengo, Slowdive (slouvaki is basically as good as that genre gets), Deerhunter
>>
>>64324235
checking out now, thank you
>>
>>64321924
Check out Is This It by The Strokes and Franz Ferdinand s/t if you like Arctic Monkeys. Check out cLOUDDEAD if you like top
>>
>>64321924
>Twenty One Pilots
I hope this is bait.
>>
File: Pete-press.jpg (130 KB, 634x876) Image search: [Google]
Pete-press.jpg
130 KB, 634x876
>>64323950
I don't disagree, it's just odd considering how /mu/ normally reacts to such threads. I wonder if maybe we should have a /pleb/ general. A thread dedicated to discussing "uncool" albums and rec albums that wouldn't normally be discussed by /mu/ and even most general threads. The idea has been floating in my head for a while now but I feel the execution would be hard considering the nature of 4chan, both by design and the community
>>
>>64324445
So basically a /mu/ version of /g/'s Stupid question general? It might work but We rarely have newcomers who don't inmediately think We are pretentious fags. It's a good idea but i'm Not sure m8
>>
>>64324405
Their album, Vessel, is pretty good on a bad day. Other albums suck tho.
>>
>>64321924
>twenty one pilots
>sublime
car radio is legitimately one of the worst songs I've ever heard and that's not an exaggeration
>>
>>64323792
I fuckin bend over those rym charts and go to town on their ass. Would highly recommend
>>
>>64321924
OP, why do you make always the same shit threads about 21 pilots? i think everyone already knows they are the shit tier that 15 year olds listen to
>>
>>64324405
>>64324632
>>64325068
Retards you people are why /mu/ is so terrible

>>64324039
Beach House are pretty much watered down Cocteau Twins (that's not an insult I really like Teen Dream) so check out Heaven or Las Vegas next. I'll also second Slowdive and Deerhunter, Halcyon Digest is a really cool mix of a few genres including dream pop and krautrock

Wild Nothing is a popular act right now I think I listened to Nocturne and wasn't a fan outside of a few songs but if you like DIIV's whole 80's deal you might like it too
>>
>>64324445
If we get a pleb thread 4chan would be filled with 16 and 15 year olds. we dont need such threads, this would kill the community with an unstoppable cancer. Also this guy isnt even trying to dicover music he makes this shit threads everyday by this time to bait /mu/.
>>
What are some more albums like Xiu Xiu - A Promise or Elliott Smith - Roman Candle?

Like I love how Roman Candle mixes its raw anger and emotion with really beautiful intricate melodies and music and I love how A Promise does the same but with some good use of electronics thrown in.

I would say Fabulous Muscles too but I'm looking for something a little more stripped down than that.
>>
>>64325244
>Retards you people are why /mu/ is so terrible

implying everyone on /mu/ is shit.
>>
>>64325258
If we just give him legit reccs and tolerate him if it is a bait then they get no pleasure
>>
File: Pete-banana.png (413 KB, 371x464) Image search: [Google]
Pete-banana.png
413 KB, 371x464
>>64325300
This might seem a little obvious but maybe check out the rest of Xiu Xiu's discography and Ten in the Swear Jar. From what i can tell, they're pretty distinct and I haven't something really similar.

Red House Painters and Low in particular remind me of more long-winded and mellow Xiu Xiu tracks.

Mount Eerie sort of gives me Xiu Xiu vibes as well.

Check out their influences as well:
https://rateyourmusic.com/list/highonbatwings/influences__xiu_xiu/

Don't know much about Elliott Smith so I can't help you in that regard.

I'm looking for some eclectic, cohesive, emotionally affecting pop music in the vein of albums like

Fiery Furnaces - Blueberry Boat
Shiina Ringo - Karuki Zamen no whatever
Cornelius - Fantasma
Janelle Monae - The ArchAndroid
Ween - Quebec

I hope I'm not being too broad but something in the vein of these albums would be great to tide me over in this slow weekend
>>
>>64325557
I agree with you, the thing is, he souldn't be posting in the first place, I think if OP wanted to find music he should just go and check thread by thread to find the music we usually recomend. simple as that.
>>
>>64325652
Thanks for the info, Anon, I'll look into some of those.

I've heard a little Mount Eerie and Low though and they're great but I dunno if they're the side of Xiu Xiu that I'm looking for. Like a big part of what I like about A Promise is that it's stripped back and the songs are really well written, but beyond that the way they throw in electronics and shit to complement the guitar is really amazing. Know of anything like that?

Or what about just The Eraser with more guitars.

As far as yours go I'm sure it's really obvious but Animal Collective is right up your alley, check out the very aptly named Feels and, if you're up for having your ears fucking shredded, Spirit They're Gone Spirit They've Vanished

You could also try Deerhunter's Halcyon Digest but I don't know how eclectic it is. It's got its moments, I guess.
>>
>>64325652
>The Autocollants - Why Things Couldn't Stay the Same?
>Sayonara Ponytail - Seishun Fantasia (Not all tracks are emotionally wretching but it's an amazing pop abum. I feel like Kimi ni naritai is going to be your favorite)
>The Pains of Being Pure at Heart - s/t
>>
Local H

Big Sean

Marilyn Manson

Ariana Grande

Del The Funky Homosapien

All-American Rejects

Judas Priest (Specifically The Album Stained Class)
>>
>>64325978
TPAB
>>
CHVRCHES

Passion Pit

Naked & Famous

and I've been on a Little Dragon kick lately.
>>
>>64325978
honestly i think the only thing that is on the same level as your amazing taste is if you dumped hydrochloric acid in your ears.
>>
>>64324039
julee cruise

also Gaslight Radio sounds a lot like Beach House to me

check out shoegaze and slowcore for dream pop-like stuff, many charts and such on the sticky
>>
File: Pete-Wentz.gif (577 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
Pete-Wentz.gif
577 KB, 500x281
>>64325919
>>64325915
TY. Liking Autocollants so far and Soyonara Ponytail and TPOBPAT put in backlog.

Is it just me or does the title track of STVSTG sound much better on headphones? I'm the farthest thing from an audiophile but the difference is night and day
>>
>>64326881
I'm kind of an audiophile, though i don't have a nice speaker ser. But the difference in Spirits they've Vanished is caused Not by the quality of the headphones but because of the sense of isolation. Like, you are surrounded by this beautiful song. I don't know if you get what i'm trying to say
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.