[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
NEW BEYONCE THREAD
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2
File: beyonce.jpg (112 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
beyonce.jpg
112 KB, 800x800
Discuss potential AOTY

Try to be civil this time
>>
>>>/tumblr/
>>
>>64321588
>>64321727
>>
Her entire existence is manufactured and even for shitty pop music her albums aren't particularly good.
>>
the album is okay, some great songs some clunkers y'know. kendrick verse is good as always. james blake fucking killed it too.
>>
>>64321827
I'm perfectly fine with her being manufactured and PR'd and focus grouped as fuck - if it produced good results. But as it happened, being too safely pandering ends up boring.

So FUCK HER.
>>
also the drums on this album are amazing.
>>
Why would we talk about sleep cycle in a Beyoncé thread?
>>
>>64321760
THERE DOESN'T NEED TO BE A THOUSAND THREADS ABOUT THIS TALENTLESS FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT! FUCK OFF AND ACTUALLY COMMIT SUICIDE RIGHT NOW!
DELETE THREAD!
>>
>>64321760
YAAAASSSSSSS QUEEN YE
>>
4 still her best album
>>
>>64322031
calm down, boy

not every thread has to be about sad crying whiteboy indie music or Javanese yodel music. Let us have a thread for people who actually enjoy music *sips tea*
>>
File: so_much_talent.png (36 KB, 787x708) Image search: [Google]
so_much_talent.png
36 KB, 787x708
woowww
>>
>>64321810
So?
>>
I honestly love how mad she's making this board. White boys are so salty.
>>
since when was having a lot of credits a bad thing
>>
>>64322804
When a black female pop star does it.
>>
>>64322790
and the album isn't even particularly divisive on its own either. whole thing is pretty weird.
>>
>>64322790
Yeah I really don't understand this. It's like this on Facebook comments on Pitchfork articles too. Why do white guys hate Beyoncé so much? I think she's usually pretty good.
>>
>>64323415
Probably a combination of racism and sexism desu. They hate when stuff like that gets brought up but white popstars don't seem to get half of the hate she does.
>>
>>64323415
I don't hate her, but I kind of think it might just be her sheer popularity. Her fanbase is very vocal, and whenever she releases something its hard to ignore, so guys who hate her get extra irritated. At least thats the way it seems among my Facebook circle.
>>
beyonce is really shitty and you should stop posting her k thanks
>>
her music and her fans are fucking cancer
>>
Are Beyonce fans bad people?

Like not even evil, but just inferior? Like they're there to be wrong and put in their place?
>>
>>64321857
this
>>
>>64324205
An actual question, I am not being facetious. Do people like Adele or Taylor Swift get the same amount of sheer hatred?
>>
>>64324419
Um, FUCK YEAH.

They're hated for the very same reasons - being incredibly mediocre but getting worshiped for purely political reasons. Especially Swift.
>>
>>64324419
I'm just going off of my personal experience, and honestly, I've seen Taylor Swift get a similar amount of hate, and I also chalk this up to her popularity and how nobody can escape her presence. But I could be completely wrong about this.

I've never really seen any Adele hate, so I'm not sure about that.
>>
>>64324453
Fair enough, I've seen some hatred for Swift, but I've never really seen it for Adele
>>
>>64321760
I fucking hate this nigger cunt
:^)
>>
>>64324481
Yeah, I haven't seen any Adele hate either and she's pretty up there in terms of popularity. Maybe it's because Swift and Beyonce are both associated with feminism (whether that association is justified or not) and feminism tends to make men (especially those who hang out on the internet) very angry.
>>
>>64324553
I honestly think its because Swift and Beyonce are considered pop artists, and people who want to despise pop music see Adele as someone slightly out of the pop norm who has actual "talent".

Personally I think they're all about on the same level, just mainstream pop music that has a large audience.
>>
>>64322291
and this is all categorized as Beyonce's work
wew lad
>>
>>64324249
Yes, they are. Typically they fall into two types: the mediocre pop music consumer who wolfs down whatever the media feeds them, and the self-proclaimed pop music "connoisseur," who does the same thing but feigns dignity and intelligence while doing so.

Of the two, I hate the pop connoisseur more. At least the masses don't pretend to be consuming anything other than quick entertainment because they don't have the time or energy to seek out exciting music, like McDonald's. Conversely, the pop connoisseur will (in total sincerity) construct entire ideologies and massive Pitchfork articles to avoid acknowledging that the music they're listening to was manufactured by a revolving team of focus groups, media executives, and forty different songwriters and studio musicians, each working day and night to produce the most broadly appealing and least individualistic and challenging music on the planet.
>>
I don't like Beyonce because she's an arrogant fucking cunt. Even though I hate Taylor Swift's music at least she doesn't use her songs to say how great and rich she is

>uses autotune all song long
>just exposes her body in every song "look how fucking thick and hot i am, i'm so much better than you"
>talking about how she wants to fuck you or get fucked
>spewing "nigga" racial slurs through her songs while she claims to be a proponent of "black lives matter"

Fucking. Cunt.
>>
>>64324928
This.
>>
>>64322839
*sips tea*
>>
>>64324419
nah adele is my nigga she's cool

hello is shit though
>>
>>64322839
Also when any mediocre musician does it. it's especially common in genres that attract untalented people, which yes are often black-oriented, such as hip hop
>>
Look, I’ll be honest: I can’t stand Beyoncé. There’s something about her that has always stirred a sort of visceral loathing in me, something I’ve tried hard to articulate over the years. It’s a combination of the narcissism, the materialism, the arrogance, the faux feminism, and the awful, awful songs. And the fact that it seems I am the literal only person who feels this way (well, just about), while everyone else is writing articles like this. Beyoncé is not an avatar of perfection; she is a cashed-up diva with a temperature-controlled personal archive and a penchant for making propaganda films (and trampling people in her way).
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.