[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just deleted seven Jay-Z albums AMA
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: 1031569567117.png (27 KB, 318x373) Image search: [Google]
1031569567117.png
27 KB, 318x373
I just deleted seven Jay-Z albums AMA
>>
who is jaz-y?
>>
>>64319951
He's a somewhat rich black guy who likes to walk around with his wife in front of cameras with the airs that the two of them are the president and first lady of the country.
>>
>>64319928
Do you enjoy eating egg and mayo sandwiches with the crusts cut off?
>>
good job OP nothing of value was lost
>>
Why did you have 7 Jay-Z albums in the first place?
>>
>>64320007
No, I enjoy the crusts and when I'm in the mood for an egg/mayo sandwich I also add mustard, oregano and a bit of that cheap parmesan you find at restaurants

>>64320104
I mostly agree

>>64320146
I used to enjoy some of his music and felt it was necessary as part of my """education""" of the canon of music to listen to him.
>>
which albums?
i was never a big jay z fan
which ones are good enough to keep
>>
>>64320198
good taste in sandwiches tbf

what's the best album of 2016 so far m8?
>>
>>64320267
I deleted: Reasonable Doubt, Vol 1, Vol 2, Vol 3, Blueprint, Black Album, American Gangster.

The "best" Jay-z album is debated by fans but it's usually between Reasonable Doubt, Blueprint, and the Black Album.

The most important of the three (and the only important one) is the Blueprint but Reasonable Doubt is the "best" one.

>>64320301
I don't think I've listened to any music from 2016 yet, and I've not listened to much from 2015 either. I will but when I do it will probably 2018 or something.
>>
>>64320411
>Reasonable Doubt is the "best" one
you can remove the quotes
>>
>>64320007
do you enjoy eating watermelon and fried chicken with purple drank?
>>
>>64320484
Reasonable Doubt is the best* one

* - about half of it is good
>>
File: jay-z.png (1 MB, 1090x1091) Image search: [Google]
jay-z.png
1 MB, 1090x1091
>>64320006
>likes to walk around with his wife in front of cameras with the airs that the two of them are the president and first lady of the country
That's because he is
>>
>>64320618
He stands next to Obama as if he had any force in the world economy, Obama stands next to him as if he was the Mickey Mouse mascot at Disneyland.
>>
Just chiming in to say that I listened to Reasonable Doubt last week and it was extremely unrewarding and left me doubting Jay-Z's legitimacy in hip-hop. Nearly every single song on it was some rework/rip-off off classic hip-hop songs. Like, I knew he had a tendency to rely on samples too much but holy shit was this album just p=blatant thievery.

Jay-Z is a fucking hack.
>>
>>64320965
You think that was egregious, wait till you hear what comes after BIG dies. Yes, Reasonable Doubt is a Jay-Z making little pastiches of his peers during that time period - however some of the songs are so strong (Can I Live?, Politics as Usual, Dead Presidents 2, and about four more) that it makes up for it. This is one of the big tussles many people have when listening to him with some sense of rap music from the 90's and 00's. That and how many poorly-executed and tacky attempts there are to grab pop and street audiences simultaneously. The Volumes are littered with horrid songs and he has been on a media campaign for the last few years of trying to elevate them unappreciated game-changing (as he originally did with Reasonable Doubt, successfully I might add too).
>>
>>64321162
*that it almost makes up for it.
*whilst having some sense of rap music from the 90's and 00's.
>>
>>64319928
why and what jay z albums do you have left if any
>>
>>64321374
I have a handful of songs I couldn't part with but otherwise no.
>>
>>64321162
Yeah, outside of some of the hits (big pimpin is goat), the volumes are pretty shit. That whole period was terrible for mainstream hip hop tho. I like reasonable doubt and the blueprint but Jay Z is definitely overrated af, and he's pretty fucking sleazy from a media/image perspective.
>>
>>64321757
Beyond the back-and-forth of what is enjoyable and what isn't, what is a strong lyric and what isn't, what is a rip-off and what isn't; there is no question that the Blueprint in one of the first albums that will surface when the 00's are mentioned. It is the only Jay-Z album that made a lasting impact on the music and it did so by banishing almost all the strands of hip hop that came before it from surviving in the forthcoming years and setting the tone of music for the next 5 to 6 years.
>>
>>64321757
>(big pimpin is goat)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XF06ajG_WjY
>>
I dont get this meme unless its because of his wife today. Arent most rap 'albums' kind of shit anyway? Arent most big time mainstream albums crap, regardless of genre? Citing examples doesnt necessarily disprove this general rule.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.