[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
psychedlic soul
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: Sly-Stone-I-feel-albino-m-010.jpg (30 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
Sly-Stone-I-feel-albino-m-010.jpg
30 KB, 460x276
super into psychedelic soul like Sly and the Family and the Temptations etc, plus the adjacent funk/soul any recommendations?
>>
>>64317274
bouta see how I feel about the album the Kanye sample from Facts came from, found searching "psychedelic soul" on the archive, will report back

Father's Children - Who's Gonna Save The World https://mega.nz/#F!3c9FmRCC!TGWoQWPWymyZIBjIe-VuMQ
>>
>>64317274
Tame Impala, Otis Redding, Aretha Franklin, the list goes on... all supadupa420psykodolikissimums soul, good chum!
>>
>>64317425
well ya, was hoping for a little beyond intro level
>>
>>64317619
ok well here is some uber obscure psukodelicalicious crystalmethiculous pope soul for you to blastertrip to: James Brown & The Funkadelics
>>
>>64317685
hll ya thx bro gonna blaze one and give thisa listen...
>>
>>64317759
k
believe me, I'm a funk professional
>>
>>64317832
wow, cool that the pros hang out here. thanks man
>>
>>64317923
no problem
it's cool to see that there are no prejudice intended to funk pros like me on this board, because the other day I had to lecture some black people irl pretending that as a white man living in the suburbs I "couldn't understand it better than them"
fucking racists don't even have no culture, trying to appropriate the wite man's musical competence field and everything. I hate them
>>
>>64317274
Lewis Taylor
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rl8ZAxg94U
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x80syWllp9c
His self-titled album is a 10 in my book. And he plays every part himself. Top-tier psychedelic soul
>>
>>64317274

Lee Moses
>>
>>64318093
that got kinda weird but ok! if this is supposed to be a comment on how i'm probably white and its annoying that i listen to this shit then good point! i'll stick to kenny chesney
>>64318099
thanks, this is great. wasn't expecting much modern stuff. seems pretty deeply rooted in this older stuff too, obviously
>>
>>64318225
i remember hearing about this a loong time ago but never getting around to it thanks for the reminder! exactly the kind of stuff i'm looking for
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.