[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why do you guys hate spotify so much?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 2
File: awrdhnb jyh.png (4 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
awrdhnb jyh.png
4 KB, 225x225
why do you guys hate spotify so much?
>>
File: 1452462301482.png (3 KB, 186x186) Image search: [Google]
1452462301482.png
3 KB, 186x186
>>64315555
>audio ads
>>
>cant upload your own music (local files playlist mobile thing is all broken and sometimes changes your metadata and cover art
>no king crimson
>no in rainbows
>no ex-military
>barely any exclusives
>the app gets worse with each updates and strips features each time
>the fucking shuffle is broken
>no cloud system
>>
>>64315555
checked

>>64315609
get premium then you absolute whore
>>
>>64315555
no king crimson
>>
No tmr
>>
>>64315555
I like it, but cracked with an .apk
on the other hand it doesn't have my favorite bandcamp releases, I prefer to buy/download music and put it on my device
>>
buying CDs is better
>>
>>64315660 here i forgot to actually add to the discussion lol

no albini (apart from shellac's last album but who gives a shit about that lmao)
no this heat
>>
>>64315636
the shuffle really is garbage, I put on shuffle at work I have like 2000+ tracks and I hear the same dozen songs over and over

I only have like 2 arcade fire songs and I hear those all the fucking time
>>
>>64315636
Why does everyone ignore posts like these?

The biggest problem with Spotify is the fact that you can't upload your own shit so if its not Spotify you are fucked. The fact that local files is separated from everything too is fucking retarded. If I listen to an album and it says (Explicit Version) at the end it fucks up my last.fm and everything.
>>
Listening to music on YouTube is even better than spotify
>>
>>64315796
no
>>
>>64315636
Get Goohle Play Music, then
Its far superiot
And Fripp is just being a bitch, so its not Spotifys fault there is no KC.
>>
>>64315821
google play music's mobile app is ass
>>
>>64315862
Why?
>>
>>64315766
Get with the times grandpa, the only Albini band missing is Rapeman.

Still no This Heat though.
>>
>>64315796
Where else do people listen to music from? I've used exclusively YouTube for music since 2007ish. Do people seriously listen to music in public with devices/apps?
>>
>>64315555
There are legitimate reasons to dislike it and not use streaming, but being honest we all know the real reason /mu/ hates it is because it's popular amongst """normies."""
>>
>>64315876
>those blinding orange on white colors
>they format of how everything is ordered
it's just eye blistering
the only thing good about google play music is the unoffical program
>>
>>64315887
what's wrong with listening to music in public?
>>
>>64315609
get premium

>>64315796
get premium
>>
My biggest complaint about Spotify is that theres lots of artists whose most popular/one of the most popular records are not there
I still use it though, the interface is very clear, its easy to manage your playlists and Discover Weekly is great

>>64315636
Valid complaints, shuffle repeating certain tracks is pretty annoying
Also incorrect tags and names on artists and albums is an issue
>>
>>64315636
If Spotify just had a better local files solution it would be really great.
>>
>>64315932
Thanks shillary
>>
>>64315878
maybe it's region-locked: the only albini i see is dude incredible :(
>>
>>64315636
>this list of complaints

only a pleb would complain about these things
>>
>>64315915
Well, I really don't mind the interface. Material design is sexy. The orange + white combo sucks, tho.
Yeah, gpmdp is amazing.
>>
Too commercial. Half the shit I find on RYM isn't on Spotify
>>
I uninstalled it because of the NAPA ad
>>
>>64316023
i wish there was a gdmdp for mobile devices
>>
>>64315609
ten dollars for premium you fucking poor asshole
>>
>>64316050
>10 a month
>$120 a year

vs a 30 sec ad every few tracks
>>
>>64316050
you forgot to say ten dollars a month for an old broken streaming service

why would i pay money for something that doesnt have cloud like holy shit
apple music or google play music is better
>>
>>64316044
Yeah, same. Cant wait for someone to develop a remote control for gpmdp, then it's gonna be absolutely perfect.
>>
>>64316087
you can't afford 120 a year for something you probably use every day? kek
>>
working just over an hour at minimum wage will pay for a month's worth of spotify premium
>>
what do you guys recommend then? Apparently everything is trash.
>>
>>64316087
that's nothing, it's definitely worth the price if you're going to stream music
>>
>>64316152
I only listen to music for maybe 1 hour a week

>>64316294
Youtube
>>
>>64316317
Why are you here?
>>
>>64316152
Not him, but I don't get this argument.

If money isn't an issue for you, why don't you just buy the actual music you want and listen to it without having to pay for a premium service?
>>
>>64316294
Google play music, get the 3 months trial if thats still a thing and try it out
>>
>>64316294
exactly, spotify has got a lot of flaws, but i still wouldn't be without my 10+ playlists with the biggest one having about 1600 songs.

However, I find Discover Weekly utterly terrible. There's always either only plebcore fuckshit or just songs/artists that anyone just the least interested in exploring music would have found on their own, if they had a similar taste to mine.

I use Soundcloud for the rest. YouTube occasionally, but mostly for music videos
>>
>>64316294
Downloading the songs you want to listen to, or buying then if you are this kind of guy.
For just checking how a song it, use youtube, the band myspace or whateaver
>>
whats so hard about downloading your own files
why rely on some stupid streaming app
it seriously lacks about 2/3 of the music i listen to
>>
>>64316362
Because that would be far more expensive than 20 dollars a month (that's what I'm paying for spotify in Scandinavia)
>>
Spotify is great for using in my car. Outside of that, anything I listen to is either a physical copy or youtube
>>
People who buy physical: do you limit yourself in terms of how much music you can explore each month, or do you just spend an awful lot on records?

Half the time when I'm listening to music, I'm frantically exploring new stuff on Soundcloud, Youtube or occasionally Spotify. I feel that I would have to get at least 25-30 physical copies a month at least
>>
>>64316482
Right, but the joke is you're so poor you can't afford an 120/yr service (or in your case 240).

So that's like me saying "You're so poor you have to pay 10/20 a month for music because you can't afford to just outright buy the music."

In which case, that's a totally valid thing.

So I guess the take away is only poorfags use spotify.
>>
>>64316010
Only a pleb streams low bitrate mp3s.
>>
>>64315745
This
>inb4 too expensive
Time to pull the same argument being used itt
What are you, poor?
>>
>>64316680
I'm not poor but I have $12k in loans that I want to pay off in cash once the interest is unfrozen so I'm not buying anything other than food, electricity, and textbooks
>>
>>64316588
I wasn't the guy who said he couldn't afford it, but one thing i definitely can't afford is buying all the records that i listen to every month
>>
>>64315609
Edit your hosts file

>>64316050
>>64315932
>>64315660
Gtfo
>>
>>64316588
More like corporate dick suckers, who are too lazy to download music, a 128gb sd card is $60, and that would hold more music than you listen to on Spotify.
>>
>>64316720
Become a pirate.
>>
>>64315555
Is there a way I can scrobble my songs onto last.fm on a different music player than Spotify? I want to listen to nujabes but they don't have it
>>
>why not buy/pirate these albums
Look, I explore and listen to a lot of albums. I don't wanna pay for shit I may not even like. Nine times out of ten, Spotify will have what I'm looking for. And if not, then I'll use YouTube or a torrent site. This is rare though. Also, I have my Chromecast Audio hooked up to my Hi-fi system and can easily and conveniently play Spotify without having to move to change physical copies.
>what about bandcamp and SoundCloud tho
I couldn't care less honestly. There's so much shit on Spotify that I've yet to get to, it'll be a while before I run out.
>>
>>64316680
yes
>>
>>64318361
And another thing, I don't have to use up all the space on my phone to save a shit ton of music that I may not even like. But go ahead and continue to think I'm a pleb because I like the convenience and access for an easily payable $10 a month.
>>
I'm convinced that Spotify shuffle on mobile intentionally injects bad songs as "recommendations" at random intervals so that you'll skip them and run out of skips really fast and get frustrated and buy Premium.
>>
>>64318527
just use the browser app with adblock if you're seriously too poor to afford the equivalent of 1 (one) CD a month.
>>
>>64318600
I don't use Spotify, I buy my shit.
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.