[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does /mu/ tag their music and get their album art?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: huh.png (984 KB, 863x661) Image search: [Google]
huh.png
984 KB, 863x661
How does /mu/ tag their music and get their album art?
>>
spotify and vinyl
>>
Picard
>>
Tags: Wiki/Discogs/official artist sites, whatever
Artwork: Google images
>>
I autotag them with Musicbee
Saves a lot of time
>>
>>64309667
albumartexchange is always good
>>
idk i just find tags manually and use mp3tag to edit them
>>
>>64309667
>Tags
RYM mostly, sometimes Discgos/Wikipedia/Metallum
>Artwork
Fanart.tv mostly, sometimes Google Images
>>
File: 2012Bond3PA8668344191012.jpg (56 KB, 449x482) Image search: [Google]
2012Bond3PA8668344191012.jpg
56 KB, 449x482
>>64310892
Mp3tag is really good indeed.
Nice for when you wanna bulk tag a lot of songs.
>>
id3v2, googleimages
>>
>>64309667
Musicbee.
>>
i rename it all with mp3 tag and use musicbee for the rest
>>
File: 1450981417384.jpg (29 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
1450981417384.jpg
29 KB, 350x350
>Track:
Work "Secondary Title", Opus #: Movement
>Artist:
Composer
>Album Artist:
Always from most important to least depending on the work. a piano concerto where the pianist is of the most renown would have his name first followed by the conductor
>Year:
the release of the issue
>Comments:
Details on the work or set such as a list of all the performers and year the work was recorded
>Genre:
Classical
>Grouping:
Piano Concerto; Symphony ect.

Other tagging lines that are in music be such as the Composer field and Conductor field are obvious.

album art is usually included in a scan but if not i can find the work on amazon or discogs
>>
I start with the auto-tagging from MusicBee, from there I change the year to the release date and make sure the publisher is the original one. I use the genres listed on RateYourMusic and then fetch the highest quality album art from either Fanart.tv (which MusicBee will typically find on its own), or from albumartexchange.com
>>
I used to get all my album covers from AlbumArtExhange but then they blocked all countries except USA. And what makes it worse is the fact that I've been a contributing member on it for more than 2 years...

They installed a system called Blockscript that also blocks all kinds of Proxies/VPNs and ONLY allows bare IPs.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.