[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does /mu/ like death metal?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
Does /mu/ like death metal?
>>
just woke up?
>>
>>64308913
can't wake up
>>
>>64308918
force your eyes open real wide as far as they will go and hold it for like 20 seconds at a time
>>
>>64308949
hol up
>>
File: image.jpg (87 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
87 KB, 960x720
Yes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQ5e5K2Z9Gc
>>
>>64308891
evanescence isn't death metal pal
>>
>>64309198
you tell him cuz
>>
How is school going?
>>
>>64308918
really though, how do you get yourself out of sleep paralysis, it's pretty fucked up
>>
He's going to continue to make these threads until metalfags stop obsessing over genre.
>>
File: come-clarity-5546c1b0cc7f0.jpg (290 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
come-clarity-5546c1b0cc7f0.jpg
290 KB, 1000x1000
Oh yes I do
>>
>>64309801
this
>>
In all seriousness, death metal is disgusting and I don't understand how people can actually listen to it. Sure, plenty of death metal fans sound like normal, intelligent people, so power to them, but the music is just so terrible.

Something went wrong in the 1990s where the purpose of metal became to be "brutal." Metal used to be about being cool, something to bang your head to, but in the 1990s it became about brutality and darkness, something to vent your anger to or something. While I'm sure some death metal bands write some profound lyrics, what's the point? Unless you're reading them visually, you're just hearing a terrible vocalist making gutteral sounds.

I can't enjoy it because, simply, I'm not an angry teenager whose parents forced me to go to church and do chores. I don't want to hear the "most brutal" music. I don't even want metal to be brutal: I want it to be cool.

Death metal, black metal, metalcore, grindcore--all of the most popular metal these days has absolutely terrible vocals.
>>
>>64310808
gr8 b8 m8
>>
>>64309198
>fell for it
>>
>>64310875
Thanks, hopefully someone will take it and try to address what I've said.
>>
Someone post the pasta
>>
>>64310808
Have you thought that maybe you just don't like the vocals?
Try to see the vocals as just another instrument that sounds as brutal as possible to create a gross and heavy sound. That being said I never cared for lyrics in brutal music.
The appeal of the vocals are how far one can take it in terms of sounding inhuman while not fucking your throat up.

I admit at first I hated brutal vocals but the more I listened to metal with harsh vocals, the more I kept seeking for an extremer sound, eventually ending up at to grind and brutal death.
In the end it's all just a matter of taste man, just don't force yourself to listen to shit you don't like.
>>
>>64310808
Vocals aren't the focus in death metal. If all you can pay attention to is the vocals then you're missing the actual music.
>>
>>64308891
I saw this album on the shelves of a store and I was tempted to take a picture of it and start a thread
>>
>>64310808
Here's a death metal song with the vocals taken out if that's what's turning you off.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEKeHo5fLNM
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.