[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>countless artists deaths HACKS, FRAUDS, IRRELEVANT GARBAGE,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: chris.jpg (71 KB, 1152x786) Image search: [Google]
chris.jpg
71 KB, 1152x786
>countless artists deaths
HACKS, FRAUDS, IRRELEVANT GARBAGE, SOLD OUT SHILLS, WHO FUCKING CARES, BAD PEOPLE

>Prince dies
THIS I LAMENT. THIS IS TRUE LOSS

fucking please asshole
>>
lol at when he was talking shit when bowie died but after prince died he's all "when doves cry was the first time i heard real music" give me a break dude
>>
>>64305422
>talks shit about bowie and Blackstar
>bowie dies, Blackstar revealed as swansong
>faggot turns his twitter off immediately
>comes back after a week, total damage control mode
>"I was just avoiding paying attention to the countless talk on Bowie being ded guys"
>>
Children, I'm truly confused at your reaction.

Wouldn't it be worse if he "lamented" every musician's death like everyone else on social media? This shows that he had a genuine connection with Prince's music. I don't see how else you could interpret this. Seriously.
>>
>expecting objectivity from Chris Ott

that's like being mad at water for not being dry enough
>>
>>64305470
There's no request to actively lament and fill your twitter daily quota with it, if you don't feel like it. But don't shit so much in other people's mouth and feelings, only for when your one true fave happens to die, you're suddenly "uh oh" and discover feels and wish to be taken seriously.
>>
>>64305470
I always think to myself, whenever I see feisty contrarian-type people panning much of all genres and tastes, that whenever those people will happen to actually like something, my impulse would be to throw shit back at them for it.

His discourse simply breeds hatred and I don't see how he doesn't realize it.
>>
>>64305490
I'm interested in people's real experiences with music. Not some artificial attempt to be impartial. That's impossible and meaningless. Ott has always emphasized his personal experience with music.

>>64305522
Except he's not a contrarian. He's just a collection of his experiences with and knowledge of music. And he's being honest about them and not trying to appeal to some overarching criterion of fairness. You're only lying to yourself if you think you're capable of otherwise.

What I'm saying takes time and experience to understand. You'll remember this when you're older and understand.
>>
>>64305571
>He's just a collection of his experiences with and knowledge of music.

False, he's been actively preaching about what being a music critic should mean. Besides, if the above were true, then he'd have no right to pretend to be an authority, because his discourse would be music forum level at best. "X and Y were good, Z was trash, trust me, I experienced them in my time?" sod off

For two, if the above were also true, he should chill on trying to stay relevant in current times. Seriously, tell me what's the difference between a /mu/tard and him literally tweeting "WHO FUCKING CARES" to the news that Avalanches (band name is irrelevant to me, just fyi) are reuniting in a show or something like that. He's like a pure rage machine, who can't feel good about himself otherwise.
>>
Why are you losers so obsessed with me?
>>
>>64305571
uhh, you can literally still come off as a total tight douche, even if you mean it in earnest
>>
>>64305649
I said this half a dozen times in the last thread about him, but aren't you interested at all in why he thinks what he does? Doesn't the possibility of an outside point of view have any interested to you? You think you can learn nothing from him at all? That you know everything he does and then some?

I'm interested in how things change over time. And really that's the only real way to get an impartial view if that's what you're after. You (assuming) and I are way too young to have the right perspective on whether or not the Avalanches is or isn't a big deal. It is a big deal to us surely. But if that's what matters in the end, our experience, then let him have his.

Anyways, I'm out.
>>
>>64305715
What I'm interested in is modicum post-humous respect instead of taking the opportunity to spew your I-know-better this-artist-was-garbage-and-we-all-know-it agenda.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.