[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Bands you knew about before they were cool
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 7
ITT: Bands you knew about before they were cool
>>
>>64293915
They aren't cool though
>>
I knew about Walk the Moon long before Shut Up and Dance, if that counts for anything.
>>
File: 7ac.jpg (12 KB, 260x194) Image search: [Google]
7ac.jpg
12 KB, 260x194
>>64293941
>>
>>64293915
I heard Radioactive in an AssCreed and thought it was cool
downloaded the album and got hooked for a couple of weeks
then it wore off and I felt disugsted with myself for liking it
still enjoy Working Man though
>>
I knew about Christina Perri via her youtube vids before she was ever really a pro.

This is still by far the best thing she's done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjDZTsyrlJ0
>>
>>64294091
I grew up in the same neighborhood as her and know people who knew her in high school.
>>
>>
>>64293941
They are popular though.
>>
>>64293915
ur mum
>>
i used to listen to imagine dragons so fucking much four years ago, they were my life.
i am now disgusted by my old self's tastes in music.
>>
>>64294173
BABY'S ON FIRE SHE GOT ME GOING FOKKEN CRAZY SUDSUFRGAIEUEFNAAIER
>>
Death Grips. Saw them enter on the heatseekers chart just as Exmilitary was released.
>>
File: images (1).jpg (4 KB, 198x254) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
4 KB, 198x254
>>64294233
why do people who browse /mu/ hate music when it becomes popular?
>>
>>64294319
Because the people here are retarded closet hipsters whose taste in music is directly proportional to how "underground" it is.

Makes the dweebs feel they're somehow patrician.
>>
>>64293915
you know what's worse then a band you knew before they were cool becoming cool?
finding a bind long AFTER it was cool and everyone forgot about
goddamn I could never talk to anyone about Beirut
>>
>>64294319
Anyone who liked Imagine Dragons to begin with was probably < 15 years old. Makes sense that as they discover new music they look back and can't believe some of the stuff they were into. 90% of the stuff I listened to before high school is shit and it has nothing to do with popularity
>>
>>64294364
That's how I feel about anco lol
>>
>>64294493
at least you can still find some anco spergs on /mu/ to talk to, literally NO ONE talks about Beirut, even when they released an album last year(granted it was kinda shit)
>>
>>64294559
No, No, No, is awful and I love Beirut. It seems like he completely phoned it in.

Gulag, Flying Cup, and Rip Tide are excellent however. And "No Dice" is one of my favorite instrumental tracks.

Also Zach has some amazing impromptu live performances like Blogoteque and Cheap Magic Inside

My fave

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYwmDJigB1o
>>
File: meta-image-2.jpg (497 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
meta-image-2.jpg
497 KB, 1000x1000
Their stuff is sampeld a lot in ads and such
>>
>>64294648
although the albums got consecutively worse and they never came close to Gulag again imo, even The Rip Tide had something to grab me with. No, No, No is straight up bland and uniteresting. I love the Take Away Show videos(Vampire Weekend's are great too btw), especially Nantes.
>>
>>64294809
cant believe how fast these guys blew up, the music they make isnt even that good either.
>>
>>64294469
thank u
>>
>>64294189
still not cool
>>
>>64294364
Beirut has never been cool. Zach made 2 legitimately good folk ballads and then literally everything else was cutesy folk pop bullshit for girls
>>
>>64294357
<insert hipster term explanation copypasta>
>>
>>64294902
>>64294816
>>64294648
>>64294559

No one talks about Beirut because they make shitty cute pop for tumblr to suck up. Half of gulag orkestar was actually good. The other second half was shit. Everything after was shit for teenagers to feel cultured and special for knowing. Fuck Nantes
>>
>>64294845
Considering it's only a bass and drums it's pretty good, but it's nothing execptional, and it's not pop liek either. I think they toured with Foo Fighters or something though and then grew
>>
>>64294936
Or sometime people enjoy harmless and fun loving music? Like what, you actually think people listen to an indie folk band in an attempt to feel cultured?

You are the one who thinks they're better than other due to some likely disillusionment and outcasting by your peers.

Feel bad for you desu
>>
>>64294065
this exact same thing happened to me except I heard it from a friend
>>
File: image.jpg (109 KB, 647x358) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
109 KB, 647x358
fantastic band with a horrendous fanbase
>>
>>64295252
You're right, I don't understand how you can get enjoyment from generic pop

You should really lurk a little more, moo isn't r/indieheads yet
>>
I liked Tame Impala since "Innerspeaker," actually forgot about them until they suddenly blew up
>>
>>64293915
>ITT: Bands you knew about before they were cool
I am assuming like in the place of the word knew
and the answer is,
No band that I ever liked became cool after I started to like them.

Maybe anamanaguchi, are they considered cool?
>>
>>64294173
The epitome of trashy boner. Goddamn there's something about her.
>>
>>64293915
if you didn't know them at any point in time then this would be valid I guess
>>
File: 1457844215502.jpg (16 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1457844215502.jpg
16 KB, 400x400
>>64295569
>fantastic band
>>
>>64296709
>chiptune
>ever being considered cool
>>
>>64297820
go listen to a flair for a dramatic and just read the lyrics, then repeat for selfish machines
trust me on this one pal
>>
Arctic monkeys
>>
>>64297950
I hate the annoying fans who only listen to AM and a handful of singles.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.