[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /mu/ I usually dont listen to hip-hop/rap music, are there
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: memegrips.jpg (31 KB, 640x378) Image search: [Google]
memegrips.jpg
31 KB, 640x378
Hey /mu/ I usually dont listen to hip-hop/rap music, are there any albums that would be a good introduction to the genre?
>>
As much as /mu/ doesn't like them, the first Run the Jewels album is a perfect introduction to the genre. It perfectly conveys the intensity of the genre. Death Grips might be a bit too esoteric for a starting point but If you're experienced with experimental music you might wanna start with them.
>>
don't listen to death grips unless you want to become a memeing le dank redditor
>>64288713
>RTJ
ahahahahaha
fuck off

Listen to Ready to Die or College Dropout
>>
>>64288612
Not even kidding
>>
>>64288713
death grips intoed me into ''''''''''''''experimental'''''''''''
>>
Hip-hop is an umbrella term for lots of different music that sounds very different. Though here is something pretty accessible which I enjoy a lot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avBZXNYwuqc
>>
>>64288759
This
>>
Old Boots New Dirt
>>
>>64288756
Listen to whatever just don't listen to this guy
>>
>>64288762
Into'd
>>
>>64288713

I got into rap by listening to death grips cus I was a metalfag .haha. That being said I still can't listen to anything pre-Kanye where most shit is just niga niga niga niga
>>
>>64288838
>liking RTJ
>fuck reagan we're the most lyrical we shit on niggas EL-P MY BOYYYYYYY ON THE MIC
go back to /r/sanders
>>
>>64288902

>That being said I still can't listen to anything pre-Kanye where most shit is just niga niga niga niga

Listen to stuff like Deltron 3030 or The Cold Vein.
>>
Listen to the sound of a shotgun in the back of your head you fucking faggot.
>>
>>64288978

Low quality posts aren't allowed on anywhere but /b/. Enjoy your ban
>>
>>64289007

Low quality posts aren't allowed on anywhere but /b/. Enjoy your ban
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2B5dOCSBBEI

this intoed me into hip-hop. i started from the old skool and then moved into the new shit. watching big quint helped me keep up
>>
>>64289027
>>64289057

I'm glad you people will get IP banned so this can become a better board.
>>
I got into hip-hop from Eminem. He's nowhere near the best but he's a great entry point.
>>
easy
biggie smalls - ready to die
kanye west - college dropout
lil wayne - carter 2/3 (your shoice 2bh)
eminem - The marshall mathers lp
Danny brown - xxx
Ra rugged - legends never die (a personal favorite)
>>
>>64288759
Yep. Or Good Kid MAAD City
>>
>>64288713
This

Also Black On Both Sides by Mos Def could be a pretty good hip hop intro
>>
>>64288759
legit this its what got me into hip hop
>>
>>64289445
>>64289445
you were wrong fuccboi
>>
>>64288759

This album is a literal 4/10 and is STILL the best that hip-hop has to offer.

Just do yourself a favor and don't listen to hip-hop. People on /mu/ only listen to hip hop because they are nu-males that feel the need to have music made by black people in their repertoire so that DEY NOT RAYCISS MAYNE.
>>
>>64288612

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uc1Pymzclsc
>>
Doris - earl sweatshirt
>>
>>64289908

Stop trying to force this retarded meme you autistic fuck.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.