[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who else remembers Danny Brown? Where he at now?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 1
File: danny-brown.jpg (696 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
danny-brown.jpg
696 KB, 1200x800
Who else remembers Danny Brown?

Where he at now?
>>
He's working on a new album, but the nigga is keeping quiet about it.
>>
worth it was okay
>>
He's the epitome of the sky-high optimism of the early decade that has resulted in disappointment now. XXX is still great though.
>>
He posted a snapchat yesterday of two naked white girls making out on a bed which he took down later

It's also worth mentioning that that's the only snapchat story he's posted in the 5 months I've had him added
>>
His album is finished apparently. Should be coming out soon, hopefully by June. Old was decent, not as good as XXX, but he said this one is more experimental and I think he said that he worked with Matmos and a bunch of other cool producers so I'm excited
>>
>one album wonders
yeah, he is reparing my bike or sometyhing
>>
>>64287816
loool i like this
>>
>>64288095
Danny has some amazing features as well
>>
>>64287596
I like this post. I have faith in Danny Brown though, he knew as soon as he released XXX that he couldn't just keep making albums with a bunch of dick sucking jokes and be taken seriously. He's got the money and connections to produce whatever he wants now, he'll put out some more quality shit.

>>64287998
>Old was decent, not as good as XXX
This is objective fact. Old felt like he was setting himself up for a transition. His deeper music thus far has really centered around the life of drugs and partying which he likes to partake in, yet leaves him feeling empty. Kind of a common theme, we'll see where he goes from here. It's kind of hard to discuss him at this point beyond "I liked XXX a lot, I thought Old was ok."

that all being said I just put on monopoly.
>the hybrid
>smokin on papaya
>that give you niggas bronchitis
>what you write is all vagina, what I write is wall of china
>nigga thats great
>like eights of great ape gettin stuffed in my suitcase
pure heat
>>
Old got old fast. Can't remember the last time I listened to it. I still bump XXX regularly.
>>
I remember when that nigga got his willy succ'd on stage....damn what a madman lmao
>>
>>64288095
He had 2 popular albums
>>
The guy got rejected by 50 cent because of his style. Just imagine being so close to making it and then getting rejected because of who you are. I'd be crushed. Probably explains some of the dark and depressive vibes on XXX.
>>
>>64288339
He's probably THE best lyricist around today (Pac Blood is like Bars: The Song), when he wants to be. That's my main problem with Old, it had good production but the lyrics were so lazy.
>>
>>64288462
lol 50 signed kidd kidd and like troy ave. straight garbage.
>>
too busy performing at The Gathering and collaborating with my boys Violent J and Shaggy 2 Dope whoop whoop
>>
>>64288462
yeah i think it worked out okay for him
>>
>>64288483

The main problem I had with Old was the production. Just too of the moment tumblr-hype shit like that one Purity Ring produced song. The production on XXX was really unique while not being anywhere as busy as Old. I can't believe XXX didn't have a single trap style instrumental. I don't remember any trap snares or hi-hats on it.
>>
His protege ZelooperZ (from the Bruiser Brigade) just released a surprisingly good album, he's the only other one of the group that really has talent.
>>
>>64287596
haha
>>
>>64288462
yeah 50 is bankrupt and irrelevant sooo
>>
>>64288604
>xxx didn't have a single trap style instrumental

and that is why it is good
>>
>>64288625
This is the right answer. He's mentoring him hard and taking him on tour

>tfw isbd
>>
>>64287567
The album is finished. He's just sitting on it until he feels like he's ready. imo he should just release it.
>>
XXX is great, Old not so great. Float on is a dope closing, though (Not as dope as 30 despite the different vibe haha).
>>
>>64288095
>XXX
>Old
Which one are you forgetting?
>>
>>64288483
>he's the best lyricist around
I don't totally disagree with you, but you've got to think of kendrick. danny brown certainly has mastery of spurting quick, short syllables. we saw him extend that in XXX to greek/latin root words that have multiple similar syllables, which certain made his lyrics more intelligent, but I'm not sure you can totally call his lyrics "smart" yet.

>>64288604
Old is definitely tumblr-tier at points. It's just kind of basic, its mediocre. XXX was dark, focused, fast and fierce. Old was sporadic, sparse dance music.

I think he was trying to please too many people with Old. I'm not a professional musician but I don't think that's how it's done. Whatever he makes next I hope it's more of what he's actually about, not a bunch of tracks to get girls to take molly and open their legs.
>>
XXX was godlike, Old was meh, but damn do I hate his feature on Pinata...
>>
>>64287816
What is his snapchat?
>>
>>64288831

>>vague adjectives
>>
>>64290283
t. Fantano

it was a great feature, every feature he's done was great imo
>>
>>64291121
those are fairly descriptive adjectives. I'm not going to type a fully review with lyrical examples here because
>obviously no one actually cares
>>
>>64288831
Kendrick and Danny are very different lyricists. The former is trying to deliver a message and tell stories (which I agree, he's good at) but Danny is nonstop "daaaamn"-worthy stuff, despite not being "deep" in the same way.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.