[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>the strokes - someday
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: z85bdNv.gif (1 MB, 328x328) Image search: [Google]
z85bdNv.gif
1 MB, 328x328
>the strokes - someday
>>
That movie sucks.
>>
>>64270502
nice contrarian opinion, you must be so cultured
>>
the tone at the beginning of the song Is This It is Someday sped up really fucking fast https://soundcloud.com/casablanca-julius/is-this-it-intro-slowed-down
>>
>>64270513
You should screencap your retort and upload it to your blog on Tumblr so you can get reblogs or what have you
>>
>>64270540
ans screencap yours, reddit'll love it
>>
File: principal.jpg (12 KB, 350x300) Image search: [Google]
principal.jpg
12 KB, 350x300
Who should we leave it all up to???
>>
>>64270599
I don't have an account on Reddit
>>
>>64270502
why do you hate fun anon?
>>
>>64270638
I just think it's ideologies are really twisted and harmful and it paved the way for endlessly stupid propaganda teenager movies like The Perks Of Being A Wallflower.
>>
>>64270638
Also I don't hate fun, fun hates me.
>>
>>64270648

the perks of being a wallflower was a really good movie though.
>>
>>64270648
even if that's true, so what?
>>
>>64270648
>I just think it's ideologies are really twisted and harmful

In what way?
>>
AND NOW MY FEARS, THEY COME TO ME IN THREES
>>
>>64270900
It portrays its idealism as something common, the norm, that the way its characters act, act that way because they should and that's what their real-life stereotypes do in the high school setting. Like, the popular virgin falling for the thug, something common, but they portray the thug as someone misunderstood, someone with a moral compass like it's common which is not common. They portray the outcast and the nerd as people who are rejected but still interacted with in a friendly way which is absolute bullshit, the outcast and the nerd types in the real-life setting are shunned and bullied. They use this ideology as "this is the norm, this is how everyone should act" but it's just how they wish everyone would act but it's presented to people, the target audience, kids as "this is how people act in school". It's manipulative and gross.
>>
>>64270798
No it wasn't.
>>
>>64271048
ok.
>>
File: 1456616264832.jpg (94 KB, 640x622) Image search: [Google]
1456616264832.jpg
94 KB, 640x622
Why does /mu/ suddenly like The Strokes? Not that I'm complaining.
>>
>>64271476
/mu/ has always liked the strokes
>>
>>64271015
>It portrays its idealism as something common, the norm, that the way its characters act, act that way because they should and that's what their real-life stereotypes do in the high school setting.

What? No it doesn't. Literally towards the end of the movie they all admit that they won't be friends or talk to each other when school starts. It's an incredibly important scene where the characters all admit that everything will go back to normal in spite of what they all experienced with each other that day. Couple that with the speech at the end about labels not meaning anything, and you have the perfect message; that *they* now realize labels mean nothing but their peers aren't up to that speed yet so in reality nothing will chance as far as how they interact with each other. It's a very mature movie. It's not idyllic at all like you seem to think it is. It prompts the viewer (ideally a young teenager) to look past and rise above cliques and labels, but acknowledges that high school will never be like that.

Brian and Alison both say they'd be friends with the others, but that's what would happen in real life; the nerds and the outcasts would have no problems with a popular kid being nice to them, but the opposite isn't true. Claire is very up front about the fact that she wouldn't be friends with anyone, and Andy claims that he wouldn't do that, but it's clear by the expression on his face and the fact that he never really argues with Claire that he would. Bender just flips his shit at Claire and basically tells her that he would never be seen with her.

And Claire isn't saying that to be mean; she's shown to be nice, especially to Alison. But she knows she wouldn't be seen being nice to them at school.

I'll give you props for not being salty about how Claire gives Alison a makeover to win over Andy though. That's the stupidest fucking complaint this movie gets.
>>
Breakfast Club was a good movie. The Strokes are a good band.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.